✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

RIP Jennifer/Nettie

bello-lo

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I havnt been on here a while and only heard she died tonight- I just got back from a Bloc Party gig here in London that the band dedicated to her memory - she was very well known in the BP fan community as well- right from the start.

I met her once, last year front row at radiohead in London. As everyones said she was very much 'larger than life' hence I was in a little bit of disbelief when I heard. I had no idea her real name wasnt actually nettie.

Anyway sorry I know Im late on this, just wanted to pay my respects really.

this is the craziest thing, but my husband fears that something will happen to me driving to a gig, and my heart is breakin thinking of Jen, it must have been just horrible, when you are a mom, u think of these things all the time. no just anyone thinking of this is horrible, i am truly at a loss, she was one of us.

• 4 months later...

Hi

I feel like a bit of an intruder on this site as I must admit, I am not too familiar with Coldplay or their music. However, I was a friend of Jenny J (or Nettie as she seems to be known on here). I too was extremely shocked and moved when I heard news of Jenny's passing. I used to work with her in the mid 90s and through changing jobs, we did lose touch, but I thought about her all the time, and bumped into her every now and then at her place of work . As a lot of you have discovered, Jen was a huge personality who was always bubbly and laughing and fiercely passionate about anything she believed in.

I received a telephone call regarding Jen's accident a day or two after the event and was unable to attend her send off, which I really wanted to do. I experienced some difficulty in accepting the fate that had befallen Jenny, someone I spent day in and day out with for a number of years, so as a way of trying to find some kind of closure with her, I happened across this forum and others, where it seemed Jen touched A LOT of people through her kindness, passion and love of music. I had absolutely NO IDEA Coldplay, Kasabian, James Morrison, etc were Jenny's music of choice as I knew her in a different time. I've even walked passed that huge picture of her at the O2 when I've attended events, not ever realising it was her! I remember going in July and saw a few bunches of flowers at the bottom of picture, but as her full name wasn't noted, I didn't click. But I'm glad she seems to have found a place where she was comfortable and made and met so, so many good friends through her love of music and gigging. It seems she was a bit of a fan legend! Even though I hadn't been in touch with Jenny for some time, I will always miss her and my heart and thoughts go out to her husband, family and friends for their sad loss. RIP Jenny.

Hi

I feel like a bit of an intruder on this site as I must admit, I am not too familiar with Coldplay or their music. However, I was a friend of Jenny J (or Nettie as she seems to be known on here). I too was extremely shocked and moved when I heard news of Jenny's passing. I used to work with her in the mid 90s and through changing jobs, we did lose touch, but I thought about her all the time, and bumped into her every now and then at her place of work . As a lot of you have discovered, Jen was a huge personality who was always bubbly and laughing and fiercely passionate about anything she believed in.

I received a telephone call regarding Jen's accident a day or two after the event and was unable to attend her send off, which I really wanted to do. I experienced some difficulty in accepting the fate that had befallen Jenny, someone I spent day in and day out with for a number of years, so as a way of trying to find some kind of closure with her, I happened across this forum and others, where it seemed Jen touched A LOT of people through her kindness, passion and love of music. I had absolutely NO IDEA Coldplay, Kasabian, James Morrison, etc were Jenny's music of choice as I knew her in a different time. I've even walked passed that huge picture of her at the O2 when I've attended events, not ever realising it was her! I remember going in July and saw a few bunches of flowers at the bottom of picture, but as her full name wasn't noted, I didn't click. But I'm glad she seems to have found a place where she was comfortable and made and met so, so many good friends through her love of music and gigging. It seems she was a bit of a fan legend! Even though I hadn't been in touch with Jenny for some time, I will always miss her and my heart and thoughts go out to her husband, family and friends for their sad loss. RIP Jenny.

Well said :cry:

All last week the local TV station has been playing adverts for Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World. If you don't know what that is, it a huge mega mart for hunters and fishermen.....basically it is Redneck heaven. When Jen came to stay with me I took her there and she was so funny. She ran all around the store taking pictures and even stood in line with all the kids to have her picture made with Santa. :lol: Well the ads are for "bringing the kids in to meet Santa and make an orniment for mom and dad" and every time the advert comes on I think about crazy ass Jen and it always makes me smile.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Wow. She really was a big star amongst Coldplay fans and reading the posts it seems she will continue being a star to everyone who was associated with her. Rest In Peace.

Hi

I'm really sorry for you losing your friend as well :( She certainly had friends everywhere and made an impact on many peoples lives! :) What I loved about her was her ability to make friends with anyone regardless of whether she knew them, or spark conversations with all around. She brought people together. It's still so hard to believe that she's not here now :(

I miss her loads :cry:

(btw, it was me and some of my friends who put some flowers by her billboard. some nasty unsympathetic security guard told us we had to remove them, but as you saw them there, perhaps they remained for a while? we also put a few notes on the board. We thought they'd be ripped off as soon as we left. we also had people pointing, thinking we'd put MJ flowers in the wrong place. agh! :dozey: )

anyway.... I really hope that billboard remains there for a long time, it is the perfect trubute to Jen. showing her in her complete element :nice:

when i went to see coldplay on the 19th sept wembley gig, i was hoping to see her, this was before it happened. and when i was waiting in the queue, i was talking to someone who happened to be her friend, who was ment to come with her. i was hoping to see her at the gig, cuz everyone knows she is a fan legend and i really wish i could have met her, but at least i got to meet her friend!

• 1 month later...

This is a shock, I saw an old thread recently and wondered why Nettie had stopped posting here. She was only on this forum for, maybe less then a few years? Not that long, but I do remember her, she was so nice, and from everything I've heard in this topic, a really brilliant woman. It's a tragedy, regards to her family and friends. RIP.

I think I know this woman,....i think she has a websie on coldplay where she posts a lot of blogs every ime and i think its mycoldplay.com something.. well RIP she looks hapy all the time ,,,is she the african american with green hoodie there?

• 5 months later...