RIP Jennifer/Nettie

bello-lo

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!!!!!! Jen and Steph!!! :heart:

That's lovely. Absolutely lovely. The really good times captured there. :cry:

:stunned: Wow. We used to always say to each other we wondered what happened to that footage and whether it would ever emerge somewhere some day. Never would I have thought it would be under such tragic circumstances that it would surface. :sad:

That video captures her perfectly. Bubbly, funny and vibrant. In her element and in LOVE with the music.

RIP Jen xxx

Very nice tribute :)

What is 'Bucket for a Crown'? Have we heard it? If we have...could someone give me the MP3? :)

What a great women for unearthing another song :)

It's a really beautiful song. You can find it in the MM section.

Just stopping by to say how sorry I am to hear about Nettie.

I met her 'virtually' as others have on the old Coldplay.com forum a while ago in passing, and she went to the Brixton free gig last year. She used some of my videos of that gig up on her website. She seemed always happy and full of life, positive in spirit, and will undoubtably be missed by many.

R.I.P Jen

nettie.jpgA tribute to "Nettie"

July 10, 2009 9:29 am

Roadie #42 remembers Coldplay super-fan Jennifer John

news_line.png

I have just learned of the tragic death of a big personality and well-loved member of the Coldplay fan community. Jennifer John, known to most as "Nettie". Jen ran two fansites dedicated to Coldplay: mycoldplay and guyberryman.net. These sites were a strong and very active part of the fan community and Jen attended a huge number of Coldplay shows, meeting a great number of fans along the way.

Jennifer died in a tragic car accident on Saturday travelling to Cornwall to watch Kasabian at the Eden Sessions. That she died on her way to watch a band she loved, demonstrates how she lived. Her passion for music and her dedication to sharing both the live experience and the online community was truly inspirational.

Nettie.jpg

I remember being staggered when she posted the MP3 of Bucket For A Crown, a song from the Viva writing sessions. She had been to a small charity show that Chris had appeared at and she bootlegged the whole thing. Not only had I not heard the song before, but I didn't even know that the gig was happening. Here I was getting the inside scoop from a fansite. It was only then that I realised how "on it" and organised she was.

I met her on several occasions at Coldplay shows. The first time being after one of the Earls Court shows on the X&Y tour. Tour Photographer Penny Howle was wandering around with a video camera chatting to fans as she often did and ran over and grabbed me. "You have to see these two, they are such lovely giddy kippers."

Jen was at all three of the Earls Court shows, on this night with her mate Steph. I remember Jen jokingly chastising me for not having updated the blog recently enough. We spoke only briefly, but her personality shone brightly as I am sure it did with everyone she met.

Our thoughts and great sympathies are with Jennifer's family and friends. She was a wonderful person who will undoubtedly be missed by many many people the world over.

R#42

I am shocked, I talked with Nettie several times on the coldplay official message board before they removed it, and we're friends on youtube. :cry:

And it all happens before Wembley:( but I'm sure she'll be there with us!

RIP Nettie ♥

Though we only chatted with each other via the internet, she was one of the loveliest persons I've ever met. She was always so kind to me. I am just absolutely heart-broken to hear this tragic news. I was so hoping to meet her in person at Wembley. RIP sweet Jen. We will miss you terribly. :cry:

OMG!!!!!!! Jen and Steph!!! :heart:

That's lovely. Absolutely lovely. The really good times captured there. :cry:

:stunned: Wow. We used to always say to each other we wondered what happened to that footage and whether it would ever emerge somewhere some day. Never would I have thought it would be under such tragic circumstances that it would surface. :sad:

That video captures her perfectly. Bubbly, funny and vibrant. In her element and in LOVE with the music.

RIP Jen xxx

I remember how excited you 2 were about that night and how we thought that maybe you would be in the DVD but no DVD ever released. I'm so glad that he dug it out so we could see it.

On a lighter note, OMG Steph you are a midget! :P

I remember how excited you 2 were about that night and how we thought that maybe you would be in the DVD but no DVD ever released. I'm so glad that he dug it out so we could see it.

On a lighter note, OMG Steph you are a midget! :P

Oh yes!!! I knew there was somewhere we were expecting it to appear and then it didn't...that was it, the non-DVD!

And yes...i'm not even 5"2, haha :embarassed: :lol: My natural hair colour...:stunned: haven't seen that in 4years!

Thankyou to Ab for uploading :nice: ...I may actually download it, it'd be nice to hang on to it, very good memories right there.

RIP Nettie, you were a great fan and a great person, you will be missed...

She was such a sweet person, I remember speaking to her on the old CP forum and one time asking her how she gets to meet the bands all the time, she gave me some of her advice which was really nice. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends...

-Lisa

I am shocked, I talked with Nettie several times on the coldplay official message board before they removed it, and we're friends on youtube. :cry:

And it all happens before Wembley:( but I'm sure she'll be there with us!

RIP Nettie ♥

i was the same...she was the one person who found out everything before anyone else did...i think she was going to the wembley gig i was going to and i was looking forward to actually seeing her. she will be missed by all coldplay fans

R.I.P Nettie

:embarassed: