✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Noel Gallagher

Guest howyousawtheworld

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/music/tonight-im-a-rocknroll...-philanthropist

"Finally, there’s your own set. Will you be doing any new songs?"

"I might do one brand new one, and then I’m doing one or two solo ones I’ve never done before live. And a couple of Oasis tunes I’ve never done before. These nights at the Albert are special, so you’ve got to do something different. I did 11 gigs in London last year, all told, so I can’t do the same set again."

Guest howyousawtheworld
http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/music/tonight-im-a-rocknroll...-philanthropist

"Finally, there’s your own set. Will you be doing any new songs?"

"I might do one brand new one, and then I’m doing one or two solo ones I’ve never done before live. And a couple of Oasis tunes I’ve never done before. These nights at the Albert are special, so you’ve got to do something different. I did 11 gigs in London last year, all told, so I can’t do the same set again."

Sounds awesome. Continues to do a great job for Teenage Cancer Trust does Noel.

Tomorrow (or today, depends where you live :laugh3:) he is going to play on Dubai, a warm up gig for TCT. So, we are going to see this new setlist.

"We’ve been told you’re going to play a lot of Oasis stuff in Dubai.

No, no, no, no – it’s not true. I’ve got to do some big charity thing in London, and I haven’t played for a while and I didn’t want to just go onstage and play because it would be a bit [rubbish]. So it’s like ‘let’s do a warm-up gig somewhere’, and there’s nowhere warmer than Dubai, I’m told. But I’m not playing any more Oasis songs – in fact I’m playing less than on the last tour.

So six or seven Oasis tunes?

I think there’s… [counts] six – or seven – yes, six or seven, that’s correct. But it’s not the ones you would imagine, if you’re not an Oasis connoisseur, oh dear. I’ll do ‘Don’t Look Back in Anger’, I mean who wouldn’t? But it’s mainly my High Flying Birds stuff, a couple of new songs, and some obscure Oasis B-sides."

Oasis will always be my favorite band, with Coldplay being a close second. It's so cool to see so many Oasis/Noel Gallagher fans on here. Keep it up! :)

Jordan, you are from Live4ever, right? There I'm theclock. :laugh3:

Noel Gallagher: Middle Class Bands Let Me Down Over Charity Shows

added 15 March 2013 at 14.03

2829250.jpg But the "working class" bands came through for Teenage Cancer Trust!

Noel Gallagher has claimed that getting bands for this year's Teenage Cancer Trust shows was quite hard work… but that the "working class" bands came through every time.

Speaking to ShortList magazine, Noel explained: "I’d talk to Ed Sheeran and Mumford And Sons thinking, 'What the fuck am I asking these people for?' And I got let down a lot.

"Everybody says yes to your face. Everybody. And then the agent will call, and their management will call and then their PR will call and say, 'Ah, they’re going to be in Australia at the time.' Really?"

However, Noel says it was the salt-of-the-earth artists that saved the day.

"What’s interesting is all the working-class bands said yes straight off the bat, no fucking inkling of when it was. The middle-class bands said yes and wriggled out of it. I dunno what that means, but it must mean something."

Xfm is currently running an eBay auction to win a box at the Noel Gallagher show at the Royal Albert Hall on March 23. You can bid until 7pm on Friday March 22 and all profits go towards Xfm's Fund For Teenage Cancer Trust!

Xfm's fund for Teenage Cancer Trust is an appeal operated by Global Charities, a registered charity in England & Wales (1091657) & Scotland (SC041475).

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/noel-gallagher-middle-class-bands-let-me-down-over-charity-shows

Aw! So they said next year? In all fairness, they've just ended a long tour.

I think they are tired now. I don't know if he meant that Coldplay said next year but I hope they do it. Royal Albert Hall it's a beautiful place to play. And I like that Noel said that Coldplay is the top for him. :dazzled: