✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Noel Gallagher

Guest howyousawtheworld

• 3 months later...

Also read (on NME?) that he's working on his next LP in 5 weeks and he expects it to be out before the end of the year! I personally doubt that, but at least he IS working on new material.

Love the new video for Lock All The Doors. Such an awesome tune. While I'm optimistic about a new record, I can't see him rushing to finish another one before the new year. And if he does, then well I'd expect him to sit on it for a while before releasing it. Pretty much, I agree with you JC.

• 2 weeks later...
New album is one of the best albums of 2015 for sure, Noel is still doing it right ;)

I know right?

At first I didn't like Girl with Xray Eyes and The Mexican. But now after listening to it all summer, I think The Mexican isn't such a bad track after all. But I just can't get into The Girl With X-ray Eyes.

I know right?

At first I didn't like Girl with Xray Eyes and The Mexican. But now after listening to it all summer, I think The Mexican isn't such a bad track after all. But I just can't get into The Girl With X-ray Eyes.

"The Girl With X-Ray Eyes" is quite good IMO, the ones I don't like are "The Mexican" and "You Know We Can't Go Back". All the other songs are nearly masterpieces, especially "The Right Stuff" and "The Dying Of The Light"

For what I saw in videos, The Mexican live is good. I don't like it very much on record. The rest of the album is amazing.

Noel is taking some time off now, but he is going to get in the studio in a few weeks. Then, in November, he is going to do an acoustic tour, no countries confirmed yet. Next year, Australia, South America and more touring in UK, Europe and America. I can't wait to see him live, even if the rumours says that he is coming to Lollapalooza. I wanted it a solo tour, not a festival. :(

The Mexican is a really good track. Live and on the record, especially the chorus is decent.

You know we cant go back is uplifting,yes. But a bit to simple and repetetive.

Riverman, X-Ray Eyes, Lock all the Doors, The Dying of the Light, While the Songs remains the Same and Bonus Track Do the Damage are the standout tracks on Chasing Yesterday.

Noel is taking some time off now, but he is going to get in the studio in a few weeks. Then, in November, he is going to do an acoustic tour, no countries confirmed yet. Next year, Australia, South America and more touring in UK, Europe and America. I can't wait to see him live, even if the rumours says that he is coming to Lollapalooza. I wanted it a solo tour, not a festival.

Thanks for the update as always Melwen. Any word on how long the acoustic tour will be? Is it a rumour or confirmed somewhere?

Thanks for the update as always Melwen. Any word on how long the acoustic tour will be? Is it a rumour or confirmed somewhere?

Noel confirmed it himself on several interviews.

"Because of the way these festival things are these days you do one and have to take the rest of the year off. It's very Communistic. I get September and October off, then I've got some acoustic gigs in November and then I get Christmas off. Next year I go round the world again. There's rumours of going back to America, do a bit more in England."

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/86735#WTO9OQjIwQKlszYZ.99

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Melwen, is this oasis reunion stuff fo real this time? No way right?

No, I don't think so. The rumour it's from the Daily Star after all. The article is full of mistakes.

But Noel said in an interview last week “One should never say never about an Oasis reunion”. I can see it in a few years but I don't think it's going to be next year.

http://www.oasisnewsroom.com/2015/09/noel-gallagher-one-should-never-say.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+live4ever/mkzV+(THE+OASIS+NEWSROOM)#.Vgnh2gfiPN4.link

Guest howyousawtheworld
Spokesperson for Liam Gallagher confirms latest Oasis reunion rumours are 'totally unfounded'

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/88660

While I'm not totally against the idea of Oasis reforming I'd only want them to reform if they REALLY wanted to do it. Their last couple of tours (actually most of their tours post Be Here Now) seemed to consist of unoriginal setlists delivered with little oopmh!

It's also highly regrettable that they failed to push the boat out after Be Here Now. The closest they came to was on Standing on the Shoulders of Giants which had some hints of a greater darkness and depth than they had done before (particularly on the astonishing Gas Panic!). If they had followed through with their initial sessions with Death in Vegas for what would become Don't Believe The Truth, the results could have been remarkable and spell a new era for the band that would have marked a real departure from their heady Britpop days. But they didn't and instead persisted with Dave Sardy, possibly the biggest charlatan in music with his grey smudged production.

Noel Gallagher has toyed with the idea, even with his own solo career but he always chickens out and returns to bland, chug/dad rock. Come on Noel!

Guest howyousawtheworld
I don't want them reunite, Liam is an embarrasingly bad vocalist these days.

That as well! It's easy for him in the studio (where he recorded his vocals first with Beady Eye) but when he has to strain to get his voice heard over the live music then it's painful. Sounds like Kermit the Frog.

• 3 weeks later...

I just pondered maybe Oasis would be reunited again in the near future...2015 is the 20th anniversary for (What's the Story) Morning Glory - sophomore release on Oct. 2nd 1995? Then searched the web, finding a couple of pages: 1) https://thrillcall.com/artist/Oasis# ; 2) http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/2015/9/oasis-reunion-is-so-certain-its-worth-betting-on/ (love the photo on this page :) really Gemini); others were like 2011 news. I feel that's really possible...and I hope I can see Oasis Live one day!