✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Noel Gallagher

Guest howyousawtheworld

He's been considered a great live act too. I'd go to the Warfield Theatre gig in SF but it's on a Monday night and that's finals week for me. Plus I have a fire science final examination that same night. If you make it to a gig, please do let us know. Same for you JC, you're going to try and make it to the Toronto gig?

sigh, I've been trying to get my friends to go but no luck. And I would consider going with coldplayers from here or something but not many seats left now...I regreted not going last tour and I'm sure I will this tour as well....

• 2 weeks later...

That's what happen when people share it and brag about getting it. Some brazilians where sharing it on Twitter yesterday night between friends. They got it from a journalist. One made the mistake of sharing it public instead of private message and all the people on Live4ever was watching those account so they got busted. I'm not going to review the album, I don't want to spoil it for the people that wants to wait.

Just finished listening. Not gonna hype it too much or call it a bust, this is just one man's opinion.

I liked it. A little less than the first album. Still would listen to it over and over again though. I listened in sequence and everything up to and including Dying of the Light was awesome (esp Dying of the Light itself). From then on, it got a bit too 'Chinese Sleeping Chant' for me. And then the final track, that we've all heard by now, kicked in and I was back to groovin' along. I will say the first track reminded me of something he wrote already and, I think it was a track early on (track 3 or so) that gave me a 'The Masterplan' inrto vibe, as well as a 'Space Oddity' vibe, lol.

But I'll say it again, I do like this album and will be listening again.

Oh and bad luck about the leak itself. My personal opinion again, but I don't exactly like it when albums or songs leak (like ASFoS), but if/when they do, I WILL take a listen.

Anyways only 2 weeks for those holding out for the official release day.

imo, it's MILES ahead of HFB1 - the first 6 songs are breathtaking -

Riverman

In the Heat of the Moment

The Girl with the X-Ray Eyes

Lock All the Doors

The Dying of the Light

The Right Stuff

His best album since Be Here Now for me.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Heard quite a few opinions since it leaked. It seems 99% believe it to be better than his first album which is great news. His first album isn't great, it's merely good and it's potential is lessened by awful production (by the god awful Dave Sardy) and the inclusion of desperately underwhelming songs like Record Machine and Stop The Clocks.

I'm not going to listen to it until I get the cd but from the two singles I've heard already it's clear the production is lightyears ahead of the insipid stuff of his first album. I can't wait for this one!

Thanks for posting that Melwen. Sounds amazing.

I decided to listen to the leaked songs. Riverman was alright, hasn't fully grown on me yet. TGWXRE sounds like Masterplan in the beginning. Lock All The Doors sounds brilliant. Enough said, it's epic. The Dying Of The Light, wow... that production is flawless. Hands down the best thing he's done so far in his solo career in my honest opinion. The rest of the songs are alright, good but not quite as catchy as I was hoping for. YKWCGB was pretty good I think. Reminded me of IHITIK. Sounds very Springsteen'ish. Overall it's hard to say if this 2nd one is better, that will take time to decide. But aside from all the amateur music rating malarkey, it's great to see Noel back.

As promised, I've been listening to this album non stop. The later tracks that I once saw as the weaker ones have since grown on me. When I try to make the inevitable comparison between this and the first album, i'm still undecided. They're both pretty good, but I try to make those decisions much later so as not cloud my judgment with the 'new-ness' of Chasing Yesterday.

Today is the day!

So, here are a few videos.

Noel on Graham Norton performing Ballad of the Mighty I

[video=youtube;slucKlle0qU]

The Dying of the Light acoustic on RTE2fm

[video=youtube;5jKUf3ppgnA]

And Chasing Yesterday making of part 1

[video=youtube;veprkxSi948]

Been listening to this on and off for the last few weeks. It has a few strong moments but I don't find it a very inspiring album. Decent enough though. I think the end part of the album is the strongest and I really like Ballad Of The Mighty I :)

Part 2 of the making of

[video=youtube;gUnKfOC89V8]

I'm so in love with this album. Riverman is incredible. And yesterday, when I saw The Dying of the Light acoustic on the radio, it made me cry for real (no pun intended :) ).

Thanks for the links Melwen!

So here's the setlist from today's tour opener. Looks fantastic if you ask me. I hope he adds YKWCGB.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds/2015/odyssey-arena-belfast-northern-ireland-7bcb8e9c.html

It was the fake setlist that someone put before the concert, right? The one that had D'You Know What I Mean? The person that made it it's a cheeky bastard. :D

This was the real setlist

B_NPk7FW8AAK8Ue.jpg

Final video of the making of

[video=youtube;58jvgyGoIxM]

The hype starts now

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/83244

Using the opportunity to poke fun at Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, Gallagher said: "Lyrically I can look back from time to time, you can look back in a song, like 'The Dying of the Light,' for instance, you can take on a character in a song that’s looking back, but me personally, I'm already halfway through recording my next album. I mean, as much as I love Jimmy Page — and I fuckin' love Jimmy Page, as a guitarist and a guy, he's a fuckin' brilliant, brilliant man — all he ever does is fuckin' remaster Led Zeppelin records. D'you know what I mean? Fuck me! Get a job!"

What do you mean?

Well he said that producing his own record was a challenge. So unless he found a producer recently, he might have to do it again. I have no problem with it whatsoever. It just seems like he says records are hard to make. I'm sure he has fun with it.