✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Noel Gallagher

Guest howyousawtheworld

I really can't see it happening anytime soon - or at least, not a version of Oasis with Noel in it. He has pretty much no reason (besides money, maybe) to get himself back into that when he now has a successful solo career with lots of sold out gigs, well-selling albums and with him in firm an full control of what he does. I wouldn't bet on Oasis ever coming back, to be honest...

• 2 weeks later...

Oasis Film in 2016? Interesting~

http://www.gigwise.com/news/103606/liam-and-noel-gallagher-reunion-oasis-documentary

I listened to Stop Crying Your Heart Out recently, still very moving~ maybe my life have those moments to connect... The lyrics and the melody are perfect~

I believe birds' talking (whooooo...) in AOAL might *lend* from What a Life :)

Oasis Film in 2016? Interesting~

http://www.gigwise.com/news/103606/liam-and-noel-gallagher-reunion-oasis-documentary

I listened to Stop Crying Your Heart Out recently, still very moving~ maybe my life have those moments to connect... The lyrics and the melody are perfect~

I believe birds' talking (whooooo...) in AOAL might *lend* from What a Life :)

I had the exact same thought about the end of AOAL...it's like What a Life's woohoos but twice as fast. :p

Curious too how NG might feature - will his funnky pedal from ages ago show up? Will he sing?

an interview C and J did shed some light. Basically J and Noel were kinda coming up with something and by accident they were trying to do their best guitar impressions of one another.

I really don't see J being quite the soloist Noel is. Hopefully he can teach J a few things

an interview C and J did shed some light. Basically J and Noel were kinda coming up with something and by accident they were trying to do their best guitar impressions of one another.

I really don't see J being quite the soloist Noel is. Hopefully he can teach J a few things

Fun. :D I love Jonny and Noel. I feel like Noel is more geared to rocky solos, but based on my knowledge of Coldplay and Oasis, I have a feeling that Hurts Like Heaven has a more technically advanced solo than any Oasis/NG song I can think of.

Indeed. Noel Gallagher certainly has a way with the guitar though...Don't Look Back in Anger and Live Forever are quintessential but have some of the best melodies in rock solos. I think in some cases both he and Jonny do the whack only one or two notes but with very cool effects sort of thing, which is kind of what happens in live versions of GPASUYF.

See the solo at the end of this...

[video=youtube;fOgtATs7Og8]

• 4 weeks later...
I just had a look at Oasis' band history - I knew it was turbulent, but geez... they make Coldplay look like absolute angels and boring as hell :laugh3:

I remember Coldplay saying they´ve had all the typical band phases, including drugs and whatnot. They just never wanted to talk about it and glamorise it, unlike Oasis loved doing hehe

Back on this thread after ages...a huge fan of "the chief". I still remember his face when I met him walking down a street in northern London as a young 18-year-old lad, all star-struck going "Ohhhhh are you Noel??" and he just looked at me with a blank expression totally unfazed not saying a word, probably thinking "yeah ,duh". LOL He kindly gave me an autograph and was very nice in his Noel-y way :)

When I first began playing electric guitar I even bought the Supernova Epiphone Noel edition. He was and still is one of my favourite songwriters and guitar player (despite his not considering himself one hehe). Saw Oasis live a few times as well as Noel solo. Top gigs. Was totally surprised and happy he´s featured on Up&Up , though I still cant tell which solo is his. Both sound so Noel-y haha :)

^I'm thinking he played the first one coz the slide is a bit more blurred than usual... I'm used to Jonny playing crystal clear notes. Then again maybe it is J doing his Noel-y impression :)

I remember Coldplay saying they´ve had all the typical band phases, including drugs and whatnot. They just never wanted to talk about it and glamorise it, unlike Oasis loved doing hehe

They might well have had all the stuff but at least no punch-ups, public spats, people leaving the band / not speaking to each other... And if there is such a thing as moderating substance use, I have a feeling no one really went out of control

I am sure they´ve done all that except for the punch-ups perhaps haha The key word being they were not public about it and I believe that was quite a conscious decision. Oasis belong to the old school who thought being "bad boys" was glamorous when you're in a rock band hehe Fame can go to your head after all....

• 2 weeks later...
What a great show!!

Gem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tim Smith (except for on the new version of Champagne Supernova)

Terry Kirkbride >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jeremy Stacey

Wishful thinking though.

Oh did you go to the acoustic gig at the BBC? Watched it on TV with my dad. It's great to hear the old songs again. How was it?