✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Noel Gallagher

Guest howyousawtheworld

I'm a little bit late this time with the Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere because I was on a beautiful trip to Iguazu Falls. :cool: Here it is:

Yes comrades . . . so that's it for now.

Got nine whole days off!!

Last few gigs were as you might imagine pretty good. Lille? That was pretty good. Lyon? That was pretty good. And Toulouse? That was pretty good too!!

Need a rest and a hair cut now before I head off to the USA. I've got about 12 gigs there and one last blowout in London. I can see the finishing line and it's looking good I must say.

To those who have followed me for the last couple of weeks I would like to say thank you. Also a little shout out to the brilliant Jake Bugg (with 2 ‘g's!). His album's out next week. You should give it a listen.

ONWARDS.

GD.

I didn't receive yet my DVD. :( :cry:

Guest howyousawtheworld
I'm a little bit late this time with the Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere because I was on a beautiful trip to Iguazu Falls. :cool: Here it is:

Yes comrades . . . so that's it for now.

Got nine whole days off!!

Last few gigs were as you might imagine pretty good. Lille? That was pretty good. Lyon? That was pretty good. And Toulouse? That was pretty good too!!

Need a rest and a hair cut now before I head off to the USA. I've got about 12 gigs there and one last blowout in London. I can see the finishing line and it's looking good I must say.

To those who have followed me for the last couple of weeks I would like to say thank you. Also a little shout out to the brilliant Jake Bugg (with 2 ‘g's!). His album's out next week. You should give it a listen.

ONWARDS.

GD.

I didn't receive yet my DVD. :( :cry:

Jake Bugg? No thank you!

Finally a journalist pushed him a little bit further to talk about what happen with Amorphous Androgynous. Great interview here . I'm going to copy some great quotes:

"I don’t fucking mix with anybody—British or any other musicians. I tend not to hang out with musicians. You know why? Because they’re fucking idiots."

About the blog Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere: "But let’s be under no illusions about what this actually means. It’s just a way of drawing people to the website so I can sell them some shit. That’s all it is... Everything I’ve got to say, I can say in my music. But I guess once you get into that [internet] world, it’s very difficult to fucking get out. With the last Oasis album, I thought, “Well, that’s that.” But my management was like, “You can’t stop now. We’re selling these kids so much shit! If you stop, we can’t sell them more shit!” I was like, “Oh. I do like selling people shit…”

About Beadey Eye: "The thing with Beady Eye is… their singer does them a great disservice. By pronouncing that they will eventually be bigger than Oasis? I was just like, “Oh, dear.” But I think they caught a lot of flak that was quite undeserved, really. It’s only their first album. I think they’ve got a great album in them next time. They need one. They fucking need one, that’s for sure."

About his mother, Peggy, wanting to reconcile with Liam: "Yeah, I’m sure she’d be thrilled if we did. But really, I’ve got one true failing as a human being and that is, I find it very difficult to forgive people. I accept that, but that is the one flaw in my character that keeps me from being pretty much the ultimate human being. It’s just something I have to live with. I find it very difficult. Particularly if I’ve been sued. I don’t do forgiveness."

Long quote about the scrapped album with AA: "The second album [with Amorphous Androgynous] ended up having to be scrapped. That cost me a fortune. I made a tour film, which cost me a fortune, which I also scrapped. But all that being said, I’ve come out ahead. My wife is thrilled about that. She gets a new kitchen. My children are thrilled. They get to go to schools without metal detectors. My cat. He’s thrilled. It means he’s not gonna get thrown in the canal anytime soon...

I’m pleased with the songs. The songs that I did when I was in the studio—I’ll probably re-record them. But the moment has passed, I think. Do you know what I mean? When you have records, there’s a window before their moment passes. I’ve already moved on from that Amorphous Androgynous thing. I’ve written a bunch more songs since then, so I’m afraid—unfortunately—the success of this album killed that one. I wasn’t planning on being on tour for 15 months...

It was a record that contains songs that weren’t conventional songs. It wasn’t verse-chorus-verse-chorus. They’re a bit trippy and a bit floaty. My songs, in general, they don’t really rely on the mix. They’re all written on acoustic guitar. They’re as good with me just singing them into the microphone in the style of Bob Dylan as they are with a full band. The High Flying Birds album didn’t rely on the mixes. The songs were there. This was a record that—absolutely, 100 percent—relied on the mixes, because they weren’t songs, so to speak. They were grooves and, you know, there weren’t many chords in them. And the mixes weren’t fucking right. And unfortunately, I didn’t have time to go back in and remix it. And now I’m too fucked. I’m fucked. I’ve been on the road for 15 months. I am fucked...

I guess there’s lots of things that one could revisit down the years. I don’t know. I don’t even know when I’m going to make another record. Right now, I’m in the middle of touring and it’s taken quite a lot out of me. It depends. If I got in the studio next time and somebody says, “What about that track you did with those fucking hippies?” I might go and listen to it and think, “Hmm. Well, okay.” I don’t know, but I don’t think so."

New Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere:

Yes comrades.

It's been a while I know. Not sure what was said the last time we spoke. Had a bit of much needed time off. It was great to be sat round the house doing fuck all. Good practice for the future. Back in the States for the last leg of this tour. Think I've got maybe 9 gigs left? Not sure.

Seems to be dragging now though. Been on tour with that band Snow Patrol and that young 'un Jake Bugg - who I believe has had a #1 album back home. Big shout to the little 'un! A #1 album at 18 years of age!! Pretty mad eh? I think so anyway.

Been to Portland and Seattle and . . . can't remember where else. I know I'm up in Canada now. Somewhere on the road to Winnipeg. Somewhat predictably it's - and I can't overstate this enough even with big fuck off capital letters - FUCKING FREEZING - and I mean - FREEZING!!!!!

Wolves, polar bears (of which I'm neither), mad men and the military can surely only experience such weather conditions? Oh . . . and penguins of course . . . and Eskimos . . . and Russians.

It's colder than Margaret Thatcher's blood one would imagine.

ONWARDS.

GD.

here [/url]. I'm going to copy some great quotes:

"I don’t fucking mix with anybody—British or any other musicians. I tend not to hang out with musicians. You know why? Because they’re fucking idiots."

About the blog Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere: "But let’s be under no illusions about what this actually means. It’s just a way of drawing people to the website so I can sell them some shit. That’s all it is... Everything I’ve got to say, I can say in my music. But I guess once you get into that [internet] world, it’s very difficult to fucking get out. With the last Oasis album, I thought, “Well, that’s that.” But my management was like, “You can’t stop now. We’re selling these kids so much shit! If you stop, we can’t sell them more shit!” I was like, “Oh. I do like selling people shit…”

About Beadey Eye: "The thing with Beady Eye is… their singer does them a great disservice. By pronouncing that they will eventually be bigger than Oasis? I was just like, “Oh, dear.” But I think they caught a lot of flak that was quite undeserved, really. It’s only their first album. I think they’ve got a great album in them next time. They need one. They fucking need one, that’s for sure."

About his mother, Peggy, wanting to reconcile with Liam: "Yeah, I’m sure she’d be thrilled if we did. But really, I’ve got one true failing as a human being and that is, I find it very difficult to forgive people. I accept that, but that is the one flaw in my character that keeps me from being pretty much the ultimate human being. It’s just something I have to live with. I find it very difficult. Particularly if I’ve been sued. I don’t do forgiveness."

Long quote about the scrapped album with AA: "The second album [with Amorphous Androgynous] ended up having to be scrapped. That cost me a fortune. I made a tour film, which cost me a fortune, which I also scrapped. But all that being said, I’ve come out ahead. My wife is thrilled about that. She gets a new kitchen. My children are thrilled. They get to go to schools without metal detectors. My cat. He’s thrilled. It means he’s not gonna get thrown in the canal anytime soon...

I’m pleased with the songs. The songs that I did when I was in the studio—I’ll probably re-record them. But the moment has passed, I think. Do you know what I mean? When you have records, there’s a window before their moment passes. I’ve already moved on from that Amorphous Androgynous thing. I’ve written a bunch more songs since then, so I’m afraid—unfortunately—the success of this album killed that one. I wasn’t planning on being on tour for 15 months...

It was a record that contains songs that weren’t conventional songs. It wasn’t verse-chorus-verse-chorus. They’re a bit trippy and a bit floaty. My songs, in general, they don’t really rely on the mix. They’re all written on acoustic guitar. They’re as good with me just singing them into the microphone in the style of Bob Dylan as they are with a full band. The High Flying Birds album didn’t rely on the mixes. The songs were there. This was a record that—absolutely, 100 percent—relied on the mixes, because they weren’t songs, so to speak. They were grooves and, you know, there weren’t many chords in them. And the mixes weren’t fucking right. And unfortunately, I didn’t have time to go back in and remix it. And now I’m too fucked. I’m fucked. I’ve been on the road for 15 months. I am fucked...

I guess there’s lots of things that one could revisit down the years. I don’t know. I don’t even know when I’m going to make another record. Right now, I’m in the middle of touring and it’s taken quite a lot out of me. It depends. If I got in the studio next time and somebody says, “What about that track you did with those fucking hippies?” I might go and listen to it and think, “Hmm. Well, okay.” I don’t know, but I don’t think so."

That's a hilarious interview. I'd add this quote as well:

"I need a holiday. I’ve suddenly started to look like Keith Richards. That’s not good."

He does look a bit worn out these days. Hope after these last few shows he rests up and gets working on another album. This HFB has been my favourite for a long time now. His recent Canadian shows are way out west - very far from where I am :( I won't miss my chance to see him live next time!

Anyone in the U.S gotten there International Magic DVD? Still waiting on mine....

I read on Live4ever that some people on US didn't receive it yet. I'm waiting for mine as well. I contacted Top Spin and they said that all the orders were sent October 12th. So, if by friday I didn't receive it, I'm going to claim for a replacement. You should do the same.

Does anyone know what the song at the end is? End of this video:

I have finally the answer to this question, thanks to a lovely fan. :dance: He asked Noel's DJ, Phil Smith:

"Finally got to personally talk to Phil on the curb behind the Ryman in Nashville. The song is something Noel recorded into his pedal board and plays it at the end of DLBIA right before Phil plays Maggot Brains by Funkadellic. He said it sound like Sally Cinnamon but Noel wouldn't admit that. Anyway, problem solved!"

WTF ???????????????

-A Simple Game of Genius

-Idlers Dream

-Angel Child

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,why the hell he didnt had that setlist one moth ago :huh::huh::huh::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::huh2:

Basically because of ASGOG...i love that song soooo much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, me too!! But at least I heard it on the soundcheck in Buenos Aires. It's an awesome song live, so powerful.

Just an update: It came yesterday, so to people who haven't gotten it yet you might get it soon. They have been sent:) (Or at least some have)

Thanks for the heads up. Nothing here yet. I already sent a claim for a replacement. They are going to send it to me today.

Last Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere (for now, I hope):

Yes comrades. How is everyone? OK? OK . . . I do tend to say this quite often I know but . . . it's been a long time since we last spoke. I don't really remember when it was to be honest. 3 weeks ago?

Fuck knows! Anyway . . . that American tour was alright. Nothing more nothing less. We came, we played, we moved on to the next one. A more uneventful tour you'd be hard pushed to find. A few things do stick out though. Gigs in Nashville and Kentucky (for some reason!). All the shows in Texas were great for me, (I do love Texas. Nice weather. Nice people). I did get mauled by some bastard mosquitoes though. I had 8 bites at one point! On my hands. Agony.

So that was that. Like I say it was "alright".

That gig at the Shepards Bush Empire was - if I'm being honest - a bit of an anti-climax. Can't really put my finger on why. It just kind of passed me by a little. Maybe I'd built it up too much in my head? Maybe everyone in the crowd had seen the show one too many times already? Dunno . . . I didn't really enjoy it. Jet lag maybe? Who knows? Not me!! We did party hard after though. It’s taken me a good 72 hours to straighten myself out again.

I would like to say a heart felt thank you to everyone who either bought the record or came to the shows and if you did both then you are a righteous person and I thank you twice as much.

I'd like to thank all my crew. I'd like to thank my band (I actually don't think - when I was choosing a line-up-to tour this record - I could've found a group of lads more readily available . . . I'm only joking!! BUT SERIOUSLY THOUGH).

So . . . that's that then. I shall, for the for seeable future, be indulging my beautiful wife and wonderful kids AND that crazy football club of mine.

There now follows a massive break in transmission.

Go safe.

IN A BIG BIT.

NG

Noel Gallagher to curate 2013 Teenage Cancer Trust concerts

The Who's Roger Daltrey is passing responsibility for the annual events to High Flying Birds man

Daltrey told NME:

"I'm not doing it next year because I'm on tour and Noel Gallagher has kindly offered to step in. So he's putting the bill together. Obviously I'm in the background and I'm not going away. I'll put feelers out but he kindly offered and I accepted."

http://www.nme.com/news/the-who/67314

Well, at least Noel is doing something next year. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Noel is pleased to announce the line-up for the 2013 Teenage Cancer Trust concerts at the Royal Albert Hall, which will take place from 19 to 25 March 2013.

Full list of Teenage Cancer Trust Concerts as follows:

March 2013

Tuesday 19 - Ryan Adams with special guest Beth Orton

Wednesday 20 - An evening of comedy with Russell Brand and Noel Fielding and very special guests

Thursday 21 - Primal Scream

Friday 22 - Kasabian

Saturday 23 - Noel Gallagher, and Damon Albarn & Graham Coxon

Sunday 24 - Rizzle Kicks and Labrinth

Tickets on sale on Friday 7th December at 9:30 from the following sites:

http://www.gigsandtours.com

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk

http://www.royalalberthall.com

http://www.teenagecancertrust.org

Yes! Noel with Damon and Graham!! :dance: And he said this in the conference :o:

BBC 6 Music News ‏@BBC6MusicNews

So Noel Gallagher said he may jam on stage with Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon and even play Blur tracks

I can't wait!