✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Noel Gallagher

Guest howyousawtheworld

Finally listened to the whole album. I need to listen to it more, but I generally like it less than the other two albums. But holy pants the artwork is pretty!!!!! Dead in the Water is the best track on the album hands down...too bad it's just a B-side. Imagine a full band version of that too. The Man Who Built the Moon kicks ass, yet has never been played live. For the rest of the songs, I feel like there are 0 good guitar solos even though Gem is now touring with the band...which is really sad given how great songs like Riverman and I Wanna Live in a Dream / Stop the Clocks, etc. The atmospherics and production of this album are good though, esp on headphones. It's a Beautiful World is cool too. Most of the songs don't really do what I want them to do in some way? Who knows, maybe the album will grow on me. I guess I'm an oldNoel-er and just wanted 10 songs like Dead in the Water. xD

• 10 months later...

I'm quite curious and looking forward to this as I enjoyed the Who Built The Moon? album though it's the only thing by NGHFB I've heard so far. I've also seen the recording of the band performing and promoting the aforementioned album on Later... with Jools Holland which I liked too.

• Like 1

Oof, not a big fan of BSD. Not enough payoff at the end I'm afraid. Iunno, maybe it's a 600am listen for me and I need a few more.

Turns out it's a new EP in June with two more new tracks and two remixes.

[MEDIA=spotify]path=track%2F5RM7C8ulE0SIUmnwVUN9Je[/MEDIA]

Ooh.... You're kidding me! I didn't expect NGHFB to release new music this early to be honest! Can't believe Who Built The Moon? is nearly 1,5 years old this month....

• 1 month later...

In case somebody has missed the releases from the EP which is out today, here are the videos of them.

Black Star Dancing (Official Video)

Rattling Rose (Official Lyric Video)

Sail On (Official Lyric Video)

Black Star Dancing (12" Mix)

Black Star Dancing (The Reflex Revision)

• 1 month later...

Another EP: This is the Place

Here's the title track

I didn't like the previous EP, and this EP seems to be the same story : /

I know a lot of the fans are saying this, but this is too disco-y and not enough rock for my liking.

• 2 weeks later...

Another EP: This is the Place

Here's the title track

I didn't like the previous EP, and this EP seems to be the same story : /

I know a lot of the fans are saying this, but this is too disco-y and not enough rock for my liking.

It's nice to see him trying different directions in his songs but I get what you mean.

I'm also not a fan of his previous EP's unfortunately.

His first 2 albums were his best output in his solo career in my opinion.

• Administrators

It's nice to see him trying different directions in his songs but I get what you mean.

I'm also not a fan of his previous EP's unfortunately.

It won't appeal to some people but it is really nice to see him experiment with different musical styles. A sure sign that he is enjoying making music right now.

Agreed. And i was sooo hyped when he brought back Gem and brought back Chris along with Mike and Russell. I really thought that was close to the strongest lineup he couldve had if he were to pick from his former bandmates. Best guitarist, best bassist, best keyboardist, best drummer. I likely set myself up for disappointment because the band on paper is not matching the output in my headphones.

• Like 1

Agreed. And i was sooo hyped when he brought back Gem and brought back Chris along with Mike and Russell. I really thought that was close to the strongest lineup he couldve had if he were to pick from his former bandmates. Best guitarist, best bassist, best keyboardist, best drummer.

Yes, exactly!!!

I am also very sad that some of his songs aren't on their setlist since 2 years or so... A few examples; You Know We Can't Go Back, Death Of You And Me and Dying Of The Light. YKWCGB and TDOTL are one of my favourite NGHFB songs to listen to.

• 1 month later...

About a week ago, Noel and his High Flying Birds absolutely surprised me with the song ''A Dream Is All I Need To Get By''. I'm feeling like this is going to be one of his classics!

Catchy and great. His best song since quite some time. I'm totally in love with this one.

(also available on Spotify)

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got to say, ive seen this series before on youtube trending, but never watched it. Now that i have, its pretty good. Questions are pretty good, not the standard questions. However, with this interviewer, although his questions are very good, it seems like he's just reading off, almost like someone else wrote the questions and hes just the delivery.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ive got to say, ive seen this series before on youtube trending, but never watched it. Now that i have, its pretty good. Questions are pretty good, not the standard questions. However, with this interviewer, although his questions are very good, it seems like he's just reading off, almost like someone else wrote the questions and hes just the delivery.

Indeed, I saw it a few days ago. I think he prepared all of the questions and put it on a list.

Quite a funny interview featuring the hot wings :laughing:

Indeed, I saw it a few days ago. I think he prepared all of the questions and put it on a list.

Quite a funny interview featuring the hot wings :laughing:

Well, yeah, i'd expect most questions from interviews be prepared ahead of time, but these were next level. Im sure Noel is no different than us, tired of hearing the same questions all the time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't listened to the most recent EP yet, but here are some opinions on Black Star Dancing:

1. The title track is pretty good, but feels like a rehash of other NGHFB disco-influenced songs such as What a Life, Ballad of the Mighty I, and in particular, it sounds like a huge ripoff of It's a Beautiful World. I do like that this has a serious guitar solo reminiscent of Riverman, one that shreds well and is up there with Ballad.

2. Rattling Rose is good. It reminds me of Lowrider or various bossa nova songs. Not a sound that NG is associated with usually. I'll have to listen to it a few more times to decide how much I like it / how forgettable it is.

3. Sail On is by a light year the best song on Black Star Dancing. I wish it had a guitar or piano solo or something, which makes me rate Dead in the Water higher (man, is there a more raw and amazing track?!). The music videos and thematic imagery (sail on, water) are even similar between the two. Imagine an album that was just If I Had a Gun, Dead in the Water, Sail On, and The Dying of the Light. Well I guess that would be boring and homogenous, but do it for the fans damnit!

Sail On reminds me a lot of Noel's other folksy endeavour from a few years ago:

NGHFB's ballads are the best. :)

• Like 2