✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Noel Gallagher

Guest howyousawtheworld

Holy Mountain, holy weird. I'm only still listening due to the Noel Gallagher factor 'cause tbh, im not sure I would if it was anyone else. You can tell from the album preview that this was gonna be a departure from the usual Noelrock. Because of that, there WILL be division among the fans, but meh, whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny thing just happened, I was listening to Fort Knox and Holy Mountain back to back because thats the way its gonna appear on the album. I thought FK was okay ever since I heard it, but I was still trying to get into HM. So, FK finishes and I let it run into HM, and by the end of HM, I realize i'm tapping my toes. Perhaps i'm starting to turn around to it afterall.

I was also youtubing Noel earlier, and he did a couple of TV appearances where he played HM live and he appeared to be lip syncing it (along with What A Life). Thought it was a little strange. Perhaps it was vocal rest, because he was doing it for real while opening for U2

I'm enjoying The Man Who Built The Moon and Dead In The Water a lot, I think these are my favourites right now. I need more time to listen to the entire album, but I'm very happy with it and with As You Were too, both so different, nonetheless amazing records. Gallaghers are back!

• Like 1

Didn't want to spoil, but Vico broke the ice, so here we go.

After hearing the legitimately released tracks, I was a bit worried this might be too out there for my tastes. Call me a pleb if you must, but if Noel gave me the same formula, I would not complain. The album is clearly from Noel but its also clear that some new influences have been taking affect. Trying not to spoil anything, on my first listen, I enjoyed the first half a lot more than the second half; I did not like the second half at all. As I write this, I just got home after a 1 hour long drive listening for at least the 3rd full time around and I'm actually liking the second half a lot more. I still don't like it quite as much as the first half, but perhaps its my car's stereo system which made me appreciate the layers and bass a bit more. It was also kind of Noel to throw it the bonus tracks to show he can still produce some good Noel-rock (wish Coldplay would do that more as well sometimes)! My standout track so far is 'Keep On Reaching'. I still think its a bit too far out there for me to place it in front of LP1 or 2, but the worst Noel album is still better than most.

• Like 1

I still don't like it quite as much as the first half,

Funny that it happens to me the opposite thing. I like very much the second half. Wednesday Part 1 - If Love Is The Law - The Man Who Built The Moon - Wednesday Part 2 make for me a perfect combination. And it also happens that I like the 'bonus' song Dead In The Water almost more than the rest of the album. Maybe I have to listen more to the first half, but I think the second one is my part.

(wish Coldplay would do that more as well sometimes)!

Amen.

Why are Noel's bonus tracks always the best songs on the album :laughing:

I dig Holy Mountain and It's a Beautiful World, but I think overall the second half packs a bigger punch. From Wednesday 1 to Dead in the Water is phenomenal. Right now, Chasing Yesterday is still my favorite album of his, but a few more listens might put WBtM ahead of it

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another fun fact, as ''Dead In The Water'' is probably the best song on the album (and one of the most beautiful songs written in a long time IMO) the the four chords on which the song is based is 99% the same as Coldplay's O (Fly On) it's even in the same tuning. You can play both songs at the same time on guitar (I tried it myself). Two of the most beautiful songs ever are practically the same haha.

• Like 1