✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

11-Mar-2010: Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, Mexico - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. We JUST made it back to our hotel..

Time sure flies. We were present at the FIRST ever VIVA concert back at June 16, 2008 in London / Brixton Academy..and now the LAST one at Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, Mexico..also went to couple other shows inbetween these two at various times in 2008, 2009, 2010..but these 2 dates were extra special.

It's amazing to see how they improved themselves.. during this time frame.

After I arrived back to hotel..I'm asked myself - if this all could have been any better? The answer is no, it was just PERFECT. The show couldn't have been better as we say our goodbyes to the VIVA tour. It was pure MAGIC.

Not what I expected at a Coldplay concert... People here are CRAZY.

hahaha yeah sorry about that, we mexicans have the tendency to take things way too seriously but that's because we are very passionate about music and other stuff too.

I still hope you enjoyed the concert :) i surely did

Well it was quite the experience, especially compared to the other Coldplay shows I've been to. It's quite hard to enjoy this way though and Chris had to ask the audience to calm down... Anyway, I'll post a bigger report in a few days. :)

HI :nice:!

I got home a little while ago, and I have to say I was a little bit disappointed because of all of the pushing. I didn't get hurt or anything, I was just VERY very uncomfortable, and I'm pretty tall too, like I don't know how they survived, during the concert though I saw more and more people work their way to the back, I guess I can say I got like maybe, 6th row? I can't really tell, because we changed every few minutes, because of the pushing and things, I'm so happy that Chris found out and was like "If you love Coldplay, then you should stop pushing" and everyone stood still :lol:

It was like amazing, after that the concert got even better, by hearing spanish rain and shiver. :awesome::wacky::freak:

IMG_2226.jpg?t=1268386064

Spanish rain was like so amazing. Bat for lashes were amazing.

IMG_2207.jpg?t=1268386312

I enjoyed myself so much! I even spotted Guy and Chris watching La Barron I believe, and then were with Natasha Kahn (lead singer of Bat for Lashes) When they were just about to go on! Everyone started finding out, it seemed like me and Stefan were the only ones that really KNEW a lot about the boys in our area :shame: Like Magnificent, Wayne, Jay, Miller, Hoppy

IMG_2212.jpg?t=1268386273

(ect.) Like I saw Miller and I freaked out, most people were like, "Who's he?" I was like :cry: I freaked out and kept calling his name and then he came out a took a picture of the crowd and a picture of everyone in the Mariachi outfits hahaha :lol: It was so epic! and then right before they went on stage, I saw Miller talking to someone, I couldn't make out who it was, and then I saw them do the huddle before the show :freak: it was so amazing that I saw that, and then I think Miller took pictures of that too :thinking: I'm sure that he took a picture of the crowd, cause we all put our hands up :awesome: I bought a R#42 shirt :wacky: the street vendors had so many things for sale :wideeyed: I was like freaking out the whole time :lol:!

IMG_2222.jpg?t=1268386089

IMG_2215.jpg?t=1268386144

But, if Miller uploads the pictures to coldplay.com tomorrow, that would be like, so epic, cause Iwould have seen him take them! :D

IMG_2216.jpg?t=1268386171

IMG_2217.jpg?t=1268386205

:wacky::sweatdrop: That's just awesome. I really think there will be a group hug thing too :wacky: I just know it, I think Phil might have been with them too! I could see them backstage, Chris and Guy were dressed down too :wacky: And chris was wearing his little green hat and like bending down, trying to hide :lol: He's so adorable :heart:!

:shy:...

IMG_2218.jpg?t=1268386231

I was underneath the Butterflies completely, it was gorgeous seeing that up close and personal, it's nothing like pictures, same thing like seeing the boys live, it's amazing how they are just normal people, but they are so special at the same time. Seeing how they react with each other is priceless.

IMG_2228.jpg?t=1268385982

IMG_2227.jpg?t=1268386021

Strawberry Swing little jam session at the end of the song. :wacky:

Especially when Chris shout out to Jonny a whole bunch of times, like during yellow he's like "look at the stars, look how they shine for you *points to his right at Jonny* and all the things that you doooooooooooooo *shy smile*" I was like "GET MARRIED ALREADY" hahaha :lol: And I saw Guy smile a lot which was so adorable!

IMG_2234.jpg?t=1268385765

I just realised it looks like he's looking at me in this a bit!!! :dead: holy cow.

IMG_2235.jpg?t=1268385822

Nice natural shot :smug:

Cause I know he really doesn't smile THAT much, I was so upset my camera died, but I got a few good pictures of them :D

I have to say, when I first got in there, and people were pushing so much, I was really upset and like "Why did I do this, come all the way from JERSEY to see them in MEXICO" and then it all went away when I heard life in technicolor come on :wacky: I was like, "Now I know why I came to see the beautiful boys live :awesome:"

It was an experience of a lifetime, that i will never forget, and I'm glad to have this as a part of my life. It was the best decision to stay where i stayed, I got shoved around for Coldplay :wacky: (:dozey:)

I don't know if I would ever go back to Mexico for a concert, cause, if people were CROWD surfing like they were at a COLDPLAY CONCERT then I don't even want to know what the Killers, or like Muse is like... :stunned:

YES... CROWD SURFING, It was freaking insane man... :facepalm:

:lol: VIVA COLDPLAY :shy:

(Don't stay away for too long please... :cry:)

These are the only pictures that I got, because my REALLY good camera died :shame: I was so upset :bigcry: AND here are the vans that they were in when they arrived at the hotel! I saw them arrive! I wish I could have met them :cry:

25015_1240988753454_1491360631_30578401_2782605_n.jpg

25015_1240988793455_1491360631_30578402_4969854_n.jpg

25015_1240988913458_1491360631_30578405_2796777_n.jpg

We were chatting with the photogs and they said that they wanted to put us in the newspaper because we travelled so far! hahah but The boys came out later on that night to go get some Chinese food, so they used that instead :P I mentioned Coldplaying also :D In El Norte!

I love you Coldplay :heart::shy:...

Crowd surfing at a Coldplay show :o :lol: Mexicans are crazy (in a good way!) indeed! Hope they will release a DVD of Latin America. I have to admit, you guys ROCKED!!! *hats off to you* Wish I could go see them there one day *dream*

Thx for the pics, it's awesome!!!

I agree with all of above. :nice:

No seriously, my review will follow later. :wacko:

The pictures turned out pretty great, especially thing of where we were standing and under what conditions. I made a short video of the start of Shiver, I might upload it soon.

Crowd surfing at a Coldplay show :o :lol: Mexicans are crazy (in a good way!) indeed! Hope they will release a DVD of Latin America. I have to admit, you guys ROCKED!!! *hats off to you* Wish I could go see them there one day *dream*

Thx for the pics, it's awesome!!!

I KNOW RIGHT :D hahaha i was like :uhoh:

But it was a bit scary at bit, because people were sitting down in front of us, in the beginning like, and people were just pushing up, like I was lucky, I stood up one minute before they pushed really hard the first time :\

I know i want one :shame: Even just a DVD from their VIVA tour :cheesy:

:D Awww thanks :shy:! I'm sure if you could have gone we would have all been like :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

:lol:

I want to see them again and again, I love them, and after this it made me fall in love with them even more. I'm just sad it's over :cry:

... stupid betteries... :shifty:

:D Awww thanks :shy:! I'm sure if you could have gone we would have all been like :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

I'm not a fan of crowd surfing/pushing..I'm really small and I just get crushed when that happens! Had to retreat on a Franz Ferdinand gig because of that...(but found a better spot so :awesome: ) In Wembley there were some pushing but the security was really really strict and things stayed in order. I was against the barrier of B-stage so I was 'safe' :lol: In France, there is no pushing at CP show so it was ok.

I want to see them again and again, I love them, and after this it made me fall in love with them even more. I'm just sad it's over :cry:

:

The typical post-gig depression :hug:

The show was good. The crowd didn't even begin to come close to the crowd in Guadalajara. There was some pushing at the begining of the show but it chilled out after the first couple of songs.

Had a huge problem with the hotel/ cab. When I checked in I asked about arranging a car service to bring and pick me up after the show. Hotel said they would arrange a cab for this. I told them he needed to drop us off where he wanted to pick us up so we would know where to find him. They said no problem. After the show he didn't return. Called the hotel, they tell me he had no intention of returning because there was traffic! No really, duh! And he wouldn't send a car to get us! We didn't even know where the cabs were at this venue. We had to wonder around and then none would stop for us. Finally a nice couple who were not from Monterrey offered to share a cab with us. The guy got one to stop and I paid their fair otherwise I might still be out on the street right now. The guy said " that's how it is in Mexico" no that's just how it is in Monterrey because the other two cities were perfectly fine.

I was really depressed too when I went to bed last night but thank you so much for all the lovely reviews. photos, etc etc, can't wait for updates and Roadie 42 blogs with the pictures/videos he was taking.

Yes, I agree pushing is frightening and stupid, how can people really enjoy a show when they're going that mad. I've experienced it many times at football matches and other bands gigs and you are so busy trying to stay upright/survive that you can't enjoy yourself. Good on Chris for calming the crowd down before anybody got injured or worse.

Did he play a bit of Parachutes again does anybody know?

I'm not a fan of crowd surfing/pushing..I'm really small and I just get crushed when that happens! Had to retreat on a Franz Ferdinand gig because of that...(but found a better spot so :awesome: ) In Wembley there were some pushing but the security was really really strict and things stayed in order. I was against the barrier of B-stage so I was 'safe' :lol: In France, there is no pushing at CP show so it was ok.

The typical post-gig depression :hug:

yeah I know :/ It's so sad :shame: See and the thing is that I'm pretty tall compared to the average Mexican that was there and I was like "Sweet jesus, these people are strong as focking hell :stunned:"

Yeah they never had pushing anywhere! Even when I went to see Muse last week, there I was pushed like once or twice that's it, the security was really good there too, here they were like doing nothing, even though there were like 2309587249857349857 of them :dozey:

Oh wells, that's what you get I guess :shrug: Every place is different :rolleyes:

And yes I know, I get it EVERY time. :cry: I'm getting it more now, because I KNOW for SURE that this is the last time they will like be on stage in their viva outfits, using their guitars, because they sold them, and things like that :shame:

:hug:

The show was good. The crowd didn't even begin to come close to the crowd in Guadalajara. There was some pushing at the begining of the show but it chilled out after the first couple of songs.

Had a huge problem with the hotel/ cab. When I checked in I asked about arranging a car service to bring and pick me up after the show. Hotel said they would arrange a cab for this. I told them he needed to drop us off where he wanted to pick us up so we would know where to find him. They said no problem. After the show he didn't return. Called the hotel, they tell me he had no intention of returning because there was traffic! No really, duh! And he wouldn't send a car to get us! We didn't even know where the cabs were at this venue. We had to wonder around and then none would stop for us. Finally a nice couple who were not from Monterrey offered to share a cab with us. The guy got one to stop and I paid their fair otherwise I might still be out on the street right now. The guy said " that's how it is in Mexico" no that's just how it is in Monterrey because the other two cities were perfectly fine.

OMG that's so terrible :o I'm so sorry that that happened to you :/

Yeah I honestly think that it chilled out after the little Chrissy announcement hehehe :lol: I love that man! :awesome:

And Yeah, they were calm again until Viva La Vida they got a bit excited, and also while people were watching the B and C stage sets, they were trying to push up to the front too :dozey:

Boys&Girls, you are too sentimental.

Viva la Vida era is over. it's trye but its not a tragedy. We have to believe that new stuff coming soon and will be really good!

I know I'm sentimental, because the Viva era is what made me fall in love with Coldplay and discover all of their other music and things. Now I can't imagine my life without them. I'm not going to lie this is my favorite era because of how colorful it is, and creative. It just gives me this happy feeling every time I listen to that album.

I know that new stuff is coming, and from hearing Spanish rain, I like the direction that they are taking, especially with like the Viva feel :wacky: Like Glass of Water makes ANYONE happy. I mena, come on, like songs like that make the LIVE experiences worth while :wacky:

I was really depressed too when I went to bed last night but thank you so much for all the lovely reviews. photos, etc etc, can't wait for updates and Roadie 42 blogs with the pictures/videos he was taking.

Yes, I agree pushing is frightening and stupid, how can people really enjoy a show when they're going that mad. I've experienced it many times at football matches and other bands gigs and you are so busy trying to stay upright/survive that you can't enjoy yourself. Good on Chris for calming the crowd down before anybody got injured or worse.

Did he play a bit of Parachutes again does anybody know?

aww :hug:!

And I've had so many mixed emotions lately, like HAPPY for the experience of a lifetime, and then SAD for the ending of my favorite era ever...

no problemo :nice:! I'm upset that I only had like 3 seconds of battery, I'm lucky that I got a few good shots of like the boys :shame: So at least I got those :sweatdrop: Then I got them like bowing at the end of Death and all His Friends and things :wacky: but I can't upload those till I get back home, cause it's too much money :rolleyes:

And yeah I know, like what's the goal to move up like a few inches, it's not worth putting peoples lives in danger, it's really sad like. :shame: But some people find it entertaining or whatever, I don't even know :dozey:

I love him :heart:

^no Parachutes

Chris played that little acoustic thing right before Yellow, like he started it out, cause everyone was singing OLE OLE OLE OLE :wacky:!

In fact, its 40, 000 what it fits in the stadium WITHOUT the places of Cancha 1 and 2. But, considering the back of the escenary, i belive there were 45, 000 people.

Everybody (including my sisters) said that it was completly full, even more than the Metallica conciert :D

Im uploading my pictures on Imageshack right now. I will be later doing the same on Flickr (for thoses who Imageshack don't work)

also, im in the progress of traducing todays newspaper review :D

actually all the pushing thing is the reason why i dont arrive extremely early to the shows, and i will say that it was not as bad as other concerts, it was pretty calm considering that everytime i have gone to a concert in Mexico City the security has to take out all the people from the crowd that faint, i didnt see that in monterrey

Funny how all of you mention the extreme pushing of mexican concerts, and as I have only gone to concerts here in Mexico I almost can't imagine a concert without it, sometimes is funny but in certain moments you just wanna scream "COME ON PEOPLE CALM DOWN!!!" and you feel really angry and upset (and of course so tired and on the edge of fainting), in fact all my friends hate general admission concerts and for this reason lately I have attended several concerts alone because my friends only want to go to the seated section.

Now I'm really curious about how are concerts in other countries, In fact I think now that the LP5 comes out and that they'll surely finish once more this tour in Mexico in 3 or 4 years, and I don't wanna wait so much time for it, I think I'll go to a show in the United States once the tour starts, and finally I'll feel how is to be in a GA concert without savage people :P