✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Christmas Thread

Christa42

Oh yes it does! haha I feel only blessed with my life, despite it being a crazy roller coaster, but never a dull day :)

And good idea about getting a small thing! If I am still alone as we get nearer to xmas eve Ill make sure to get something :)

The way we see life will make a difference. I think you'll have a wonderful Christmas even if you're alone :)

and don't forget to share your picture!

• Like 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay in at #11!

http://www.gigwise.com/news/104492/the-shins-wonderful-christmastime-all-i-want-for-christmas-carey

The Shins’ ‘Wonderful Christmastime’ trumps ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’

‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ is not the most played Christmas song anymore

The Shins’ cover of Paul McCartney’s Christmas classic, ‘Wonderful Christmastime’ is now the most played Christmas song.

For 20 years, Mariah Carey’s ‘All I want For Christmas Is You’ was the most played song. Now, according to PlayNetwork, The Shins’ have knocked Carey from the top spot with their cover of the McCartney’s ‘Wonderful Christmastime’.

Other most played Christmas songs include Bing Crosby’s ‘White Christmas’ and Ella Fitzgerald’s ‘Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas’. McCartney’s original version of ‘Wonderful Christmastime’ only reached No.17 in PlayNetwork’s list of most played songs and Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Underneath the Tree’ is the only recent original song to make the list.

Julia Cummings, Director of Music Services, PlayNetwork said, “The songs themselves transcend demographics, which is why we see the same titles more than once but performed by different artists."

See what other holiday songs earned a spot on PlayNetwork's list below:

1) The Shins "Wonderful Christmastime"

2) Mariah Carey "All I Want For Christmas Is You"

3) Christina Aguilera "Christmas Time"

4) Waitresses "Christmas Wrapping"

5) Jack Johnson "Someday At Christmas"

6) Kelly Clarkson "Underneath The Tree"

7) Michael Buble "A Holly Jolly Christmas"

8) Bing Crosby "White Christmas"

9) Train "What Christmas Means To Me"

10) Ella Fitzgerald "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"

11) Coldplay "Christmas Lights"

12) Jose Feliciano "Feliz Navidad"

13) Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings "White Christmas"

14) Vince Guaraldi Trio "Christmas Time Is Here"

15) Sam Smith "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"

16) Pentatonix "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)"

17) Paul McCartney "Wonderful Christmastime"

18) She & Him "Baby, It's Cold Outside"

19) Elvis Presley "Blue Christmas"

20) Darlene Love "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"

Listen to The Shins’ ‘Wonderful Christmastime here’:

• Like 1

So Warner Music Brasil and Mexcio shared this on FB pretty cool!

Warner Music Brasil

7 hrs ·

The soundtrack of that Christmas is... "the head full of dreams", New disk from Coldplay. And what about bringing the band also for your pinheiro? Click Here: http://bit.ly/1YeKU4Z and download the file with the figures of the cover of the album. It's just cut and hang in the tree - then, post the photo with the hashtag ‪#‎aheadfullofchristmas‬

12346493_1063139983736878_1038413847698980058_n.png?oh=ebc823d3a5964c135e487a49114ca31e&oe=56DE2248

12342293_10153794230683624_7165934419438984282_n.png?oh=8d291d6566254a0881a87f2118600215&oe=56E4C2C6

• Like 2

I recorded a version of my favorite Christmas song yesterday. It's a beautiful song I think. Maybe it'll help people get into the holiday spirit :p

You know what...I´ve practically been working 80% of the time for weeks and being in a sunny place on top of it all I was wondering when I was ever gonna feel some Christmas spirit. And enters your post with one of my absolutely favourite Christmas songs! It has such a sacredness and joy to it it never fails to put me right in the magic of Christmas, so thank you so much! :)

P.s. Do you have a favourite rendition of this song? I have a few but one of my favourites is Lavigne + Chantal, love the duet :)

You know what...I´ve practically been working 80% of the time for weeks and being in a sunny place on top of it all I was wondering when I was ever gonna feel some Christmas spirit. And enters your post with one of my absolutely favourite Christmas songs! It has such a sacredness and joy to it it never fails to put me right in the magic of Christmas, so thank you so much! :)

P.s. Do you have a favourite rendition of this song? I have a few but one of my favourites is Lavigne + Chantal, love the duet :)

Aw thanks! Glad I could help! Haha I know what it's like. I live in California, and sometimes it just doesn't feel so Christmassy. Although this year it's been colder at least, so it's felt a bit better. I'm so glad someone else loves this song. Sacredness and joy; I think that's a perfect way of describing it. I actually really, really love a version that Lisa Hannigan does. Not sure if you're familiar with her. I think she's an amazing singer though. Much deeper voice than mine, which I'm a little jealous of, haha. I've never heard the Lavigne + Chantal one. Will be looking it up! Thanks :)

• Like 1

. I live in California, and sometimes it just doesn't feel so Christmassy. Although this year it's been colder at least, so it's felt a bit better. I'm so glad someone else loves this song. Sacredness and joy; I think that's a perfect way of describing it. I actually really, really love a version that Lisa Hannigan does. Not sure if you're familiar with her. I think she's an amazing singer though. Much deeper voice than mine, which I'm a little jealous of, haha. I've never heard the Lavigne + Chantal one. Will be looking it up! Thanks :)

Ill check out the version you mentioned :) And colder here? I think its so warm! haha amazing to think its usually warmer...wow haha

The Christmas feeling is growing in me...slowly but I am feeding the little flame haha :)

For anyone on the US west coast, "Polar Express" now on ABC Family. Awesome Christmas movie!! All abooooooard :)

Ill check out the version you mentioned :) And colder here? I think its so warm! haha amazing to think its usually warmer...wow haha

The Christmas feeling is growing in me...slowly but I am feeding the little flame haha :)

For anyone on the US west coast, "Polar Express" now on ABC Family. Awesome Christmas movie!! All abooooooard :)

Haha, well, not sure where you are. In northern California it's been colder anyway :P Love Polar Express btw! I wish I got ABC Family just for this time of year and all the great holiday movies they play nonstop. Seeing it on the guide and not being able to watch is a small torture, haha.

I'm not in the USA but I think I'll watch it on the weekend, I haven't seen it in years!

Hey cool! I am away from home so away from my Blu-ray movie library too. And today I was thinking oh I´d love to see the Polar Express: that´d put me even deeper in the Christmas mood, oh I miss my blu-ray...and then boom its on the telly! haha I love when that happens :)

• Like 1

Haha, well, not sure where you are. In northern California it's been colder anyway :p Love Polar Express btw! I wish I got ABC Family just for this time of year and all the great holiday movies they play nonstop. Seeing it on the guide and not being able to watch is a small torture, haha.

Ah yes Northern would be colder I am sure..here I think its still warm, not as it was but surely twice as warm as in Denmark haha

I am in Orange County :) And awww I know about not being able to watch a movie when you really wanna watch it...see my post above: I had the opposite experience this time hehe I can imagine you have all sorts of pay per view though in the US right? Like rentals and whatnot.

I actually dont have a TV back home (only a TV screen for my home movies), but I am enjoying the christmas movies on ABC Family yes :)

Hey cool! I am away from home so away from my Blu-ray movie library too. And today I was thinking oh I´d love to see the Polar Express: that´d put me even deeper in the Christmas mood, oh I miss my blu-ray...and then boom its on the telly! haha I love when that happens :)

Great to read that! Christmas time is on your side, nothing like a good Christmas movie to get in the Christmas mood! I've heard a lot of carols but I'm missing the movies.

And I just realized that this weekend we start the Christmas break in Mexico! I need a good rest to enjoy my family!

Great to read that! Christmas time is on your side, nothing like a good Christmas movie to get in the Christmas mood! I've heard a lot of carols but I'm missing the movies.

And I just realized that this weekend we start the Christmas break in Mexico! I need a good rest to enjoy my family!

Yes "The Christmas force is strong with me" haha And yay for Christmas break! Those are always a time to look forward to.

And what are some of your favourite Christmas movies? (and to anyone else who wanna share?) :)

• Like 1

Yes "The Christmas force is strong with me" haha And yay for Christmas break! Those are always a time to look forward to.

And what are some of your favourite Christmas movies? (and to anyone else who wanna share?) :)

I love the movie a Christmas Carol and Jack Frost which I haven't seen in recent years. I think it's a little bit sad but I love the story.