✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Christmas Thread

Christa42

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have no idea whether it has been said or has even been noticed. But, Coldplay did play Christmas Lights without any backingtracks last Tuesday !

To be honest, I think CL plus its backingtracks do really express that Christmas atmosphere(?). Anyway, Christmas Lights without backingtracks, you'll see in the next video, is still beautiful though.

You really hear the Coldplay sound, you know...

By the way, Jonny made a ''huge'' mistake at some point haha (so does Chris with his lyrics and so does Will!) Jonny was literally ''Singing out of tune'' lol. You'll see. But maybe you've already seen this, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise anymore then :D

Huh I didn't notice anything but Chris singing out of tune a bit...

Great song though. I do miss those strings though...

Just listened to Christmas Lights, I'm now feeling how great the melody is... feels like I just listened to it for the first time.

Anyways, Merry Christmas to all of you! :)

Merry Christmas!

I know right, it's a beautiful song, and in my opinion the best Christmas song ever made...

I really have no idea whether it has been said or has even been noticed. But, Coldplay did play Christmas Lights without any backingtracks last Tuesday !

To be honest, I think CL plus its backingtracks do really express that Christmas atmosphere(?). Anyway, Christmas Lights without backingtracks, you'll see in the next video, is still beautiful though.

You really hear the Coldplay sound, you know...

By the way, Jonny made a ''huge'' mistake at some point haha (so does Chris with his lyrics and so does Will!) Jonny was literally ''Singing out of tune'' lol. You'll see. But maybe you've already seen this, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise anymore then :D

Just listened to Christmas Lights, I'm now feeling how great the melody is... feels like I just listened to it for the first time.

Anyways, Merry Christmas to all of you! :)

Merry Christmas!

I know right, it's a beautiful song, and in my opinion the best Christmas song ever made...

Merry Christmas to everyone ! (Also, this year is finally coming to end !)

Most of us are with our families right now, but in case somebody is, for whatever reason, alone and maybe a bit depressed, there is this Christmas "album" with Coldplay songs and covers you could listen to and forget your troubles. I made it for the Listening Party originally:

https://mega.nz/#!PdRRDA6L!60rCnZxA6IisRkjn6-KXeNF2EqwBwSaTt0SF6AUKhzU

May all your troubles soon be gone !

• Like 4

Merry Christmas!

Jonny did grab the wrong chord just before the lyrics are "I go singing out of tune'' lol. :D

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you get to spend a lot of time with loved ones and have wonderful holidays[emoji173]

I also did a little thing to thank all my Coldplayer friends for making this year so amazing for me[emoji169] Love you all!

[MEDIA=instagram]BOZ1pPrDZDm[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BOZ1pPrDZDm/

• Like 4

Most of us are with our families right now, but in case somebody is, for whatever reason, alone and maybe a bit depressed, there is this Christmas "album" with Coldplay songs and covers you could listen to and forget your troubles. I made it for the Listening Party originally:

https://mega.nz/#!PdRRDA6L!60rCnZxA6IisRkjn6-KXeNF2EqwBwSaTt0SF6AUKhzU

This is lovely, thanks for sharing. I always dig up all these on YouTube each year but it's so nice to have them all in one string. Had a nice Christmas morning but having a hard time winding down back to reality after this week, so this is really nice to have tonight.

Did anyone get anything Coldplay related for Christmas?

My sister and brother-in-law got me the X&Y vinyl! ... I got AROBTTH five or six years ago when I stared collecting vinyl but have been slow to add, since I want to save money and I have these all on both my original CDs and also digital. But I really love having vinyl so this is lovely gift. It's so beautiful and came with a big poster I can't decide whether I want to hang it up or keep in mint condition in the sleeve haha. Now I have 4/7 albums on vinyl, getting there!

IMG_20161225_185929978_zpszliup7rc.jpg

Also, this isn't actually Coldplay-related, but my mom gave me this and as soon as I saw it I said "Oh my god, I can feel like I'm at a Coldplay concert when I take a shower" ... she was like "I know, that's why I got it for you" .... haha!

IMG_20161225_192424424_zps7ilmeeju.jpg

But the BEST Christmas gift for sure was just fate letting me get to Chris's little benefit show in NYC on Wednesday, which took a series of small miracles and was basically the perfect night in every way. <3

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas (or other holiday) and has a good end to the year! It's really keeping my spirits high knowing I'm going to get to see them again in 2017!

• Like 6

I got the 2016 poster which I plan to frame with my ticket and confetti.

And I got the Christmas mugs and a frisbee!

03a4c89a046ff4c36859c917994effdb.jpg

Awesome! I want all this stuff haha. I do have the festive sweatshirt which I wear pretty much daily and plan to wear through April. I want the mugs too though ... amazing lol.

• Like 1

Merry Xmas to everybody! I couldn't come here earlier... hope you all had a very good Christmas Day with your family and friends :)

This year I didn't receive any Coldplay gift because my family doesn't know what else to give me haha! I already have all the CD collection and In Spain there isn't much CP merchandising at stores (practically nothing)... besides, my parents don't usually buy things on internet... so no CP for me this time haha :laughing:

PD: I've been listening to this song like 34546 times... love it!

• Like 6