✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Parachutes or A Rush of Blood

sarah**

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very difficult - I got to know C/P through AROBTTH, and THEN listened to Parachutes - which I didn't even know we had, AND it's a signed copy too!! lol (shows you how much notice I was taking!) - so P/C is newer to me. But I think, on balance, that Rush is superior. Just. :/

• 1 month later...

I would give Parachutes 5/5

- It's simple a great album. I can never skip a track. It includes the classic hit "Yellow".

I would rate A rush of blood.. 4.5/5

- I'm not very fond of the songs "Politik" and "A whisper".. They're growing on me though..

Parachutes ROCKZ I love every song in it... i don't really like Whisper and Politik.. :/

My thoughts exactly. The two songs do grow on you but it's hard to get enamoured of them... But AROBTTH is technically more superior and they have put in a lot of thought to it. It's hard to say which is better...

Do you reward hard work / technical brilliance? Or is an album better simply because you like it more no matter the other criteria?

Oh I don't know, I can't decide!!! :(

My heart says Parachutes, my mind says A Rush.

This is giving me schizophrenia :lol:

parachutes all the way... the songs have a deeper meaning to me. I can listen to the whole track and not skip any of them. Ahh... just a superb album.. although rush is good too ... but I only really like 6 of the songs [green eyes,clocks,scientist,amstredam,rush of blood,in my place] my vote goes to parachutes =]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still going with Parachutes.

I like every song on Parachutes. I enjoy the more mellow style also on Parachutes.

And, to me, Coldplay got too poppy when Clocks was constantly overplayed.

I also made my own edited version of Parachutes, with See You Soon in place of Life Is For Living, considering I hate that song.

• 4 weeks later...