✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FINISHED! SOUTH AFRICA 2010 WORLD CUP!!

juanif94

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ exhibit A.

A pathetic justification from a pathetic person for an obviously pathetic and elitist philosophy for choosing teams.

Pathetic response from someone who's clearly in denial about their team's chances.:rolleyes:

(just going to sneak in here and change the subject)

I'M SO EXCITED!

At the minute I'm looking forward more to following the whole tournament, enjoying the occasion and watching the world's best players, rather than expecting England to win anything. I don't have a lot of confidence that we'll go all that far; I'm obviously still rooting for them though and I'd be well chuffed if they proved me wrong.

I've got my eye on Argentina to do well as they're one of the 4 teams I drew in a little world cup pool between friends. They've got some amazing players.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Are you joking? The US is playing better and better every game. I have a feeling you don't even watch soccer.

Agreed.

Tim Howard talks of Wayne Rooney and the US

Let's be fair the USA rarely play top class nations in their qualifying. I remember two years ago England played them at Wembley and the English won a comfortable if unspectacular 2-0 and never looked like getting beat.

USA will do as good as in 2002 and maybe a bit better. I think they'll get to the quarters even if they do face someone like Germany in the quarters who have their weakest team in years.

Let's be fair the USA rarely play top class nations in their qualifying. I remember two years ago England played them at Wembley and the English won a comfortable if unspectacular 2-0 and never looked like getting beat.

I predict a similar scoreline this time too.:cool:

you can't judge anything by qualifying because the u.s. and mexico are the only substantial teams in the CONCACAF. You have to go by international tournaments and recent friendly's (which Josh was referring to). Last year we beat Spain and had a two goal lead against Brazil in the confederations cup. However, we waver from year to year. We made to the quarterfinals and respectable loss to germany in 2002 (a likely scenario this year, except in the round of 16), yet the US played like shit in 2006. I think we're looking pretty good going into this one though.

So you agree the U.S. has zero chance, then?:rolleyes:

zero chance for what? to beat england? No, we definitely have the potential to pull-off an admittedly unlikely upset. What I was saying before is that such predictions are not germane to which team you support.

Guest howyousawtheworld
you can't judge anything by qualifying because the u.s. and mexico are the only substantial teams in the CONCACAF. You have to go by international tournaments and recent friendly's (which Josh was referring to). Last year we beat Spain and had a two goal lead against Brazil in the confederations cup. However, we waver from year to year. We made to the quarterfinals and respectable loss to germany in 2002 (a likely scenario this year, except in the round of 16), yet the US played like shit in 2006. I think we're looking pretty good going into this one though.

Well that is the Confedrations Cup (the international football version of the League Cup in England) and as I recall the Spain team were weakened and at the end of a long long season for some of their players and some who didn't even travel. Definitely a better more organised team this time round compared to 2006 but you will definitely need England on a bad day if you are to beat them on Saturday.

Oh and as I said earlier the English have amuch greater knowledge of a lot of the USA players compared to the Spanish and Brazilians. They won't underestimate them.

After watching England struggle to beat the Platinum Stars I'd say the US have got a very good chance of getting a result on Saturday, as long as they make best use of their pace up front that they overcame the Aussies with.

England's defence hates pace running towards them and Capello's England teams, who you'd thought would be defensive have only managed 7 competetive clean sheets in nearly 30 games!

After watching England struggle to beat the Platinum Stars I'd say the US have got a very good chance of getting a result on Saturday, as long as they make best use of their pace up front that they overcame the Aussies with.

England's defence hates pace running towards them and Capello's teams, who you'd thought would be defensive has only managed 7 competetive clean sheets in nearly 30 games!

The yanks won't be able to handle the Roonster, though.;)

Guest howyousawtheworld

AND England can exploit those teams who are vulnerable at set pieces ruthlessly with or without Beckham

Guest howyousawtheworld

England's defence hates pace running towards them and Capello's England teams, who you'd thought would be defensive have only managed 7 competetive clean sheets in nearly 30 games!

Watched that game on Sky Sports News. Bit of a harsh assesment as it looked like a gentle jog from England playing at 50%. It was a training match and the last thing Capello wants is an injury to any of his players. They were very direct in the second half with Lennon, Rooney, Cole and Milner tearing the defense to shreds. England may not have kept many clean sheets but they score A HELL of a lot more goals than they used to. Capello fully exploits the wealth of attacking options his team has on offer.

Well that is the Confedrations Cup (the international football version of the League Cup in England) and as I recall the Spain team were weakened and at the end of a long long season for some of their players and some who didn't even travel.

Friendlies don't count anyway. They're a whole different "ball game" and bear no relation to competitive matches in any way whatsoever.;)

England were pretty poor against Japan, but when it comes to the real deal, they'll be ready.:cool:

Watched that game on Sky Sports News. Bit of a harsh assesment as it looked like a gentle jog from England playing at 50%. It was a training match and the last thing Capello wants is an injury to any of his players.

Exactly. Friendlies should be totally disregarded, except for assessing whether players are of international standard or not.

Walcott and Bent played pretty poorly in the friendlies, which is why they were left out of the squad.;)

USA will do as good as in 2002 and maybe a bit better. I think they'll get to the quarters even if they do face someone like Germany in the quarters who have their weakest team in years.

I totally agree. I don't expect the US to beat England, but they certainly have a shot. I'm calling England 2-1 USA. The US will also make it out of its group, but lose to Germany in the round of 16.

Do you know if Coldplay will play in the opening concert on Thursday?

Dude this is not the Coldplay section damn.

I'm calling Argentina 3-2 over Netherlands in the final. Expecting big things from the little #10.