✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FINISHED! SOUTH AFRICA 2010 WORLD CUP!!

juanif94

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabio Capello fumes at photographers

Coach Fabio Capello reprimanded a group of photographers prior to England's training session at their Royal Bafokeng World Cup base on Wednesday.

The 63-year-old Italian was unhappy that their focus was on a building that also contains a medical room. "Why do you take photos of the rooms? No excuses," said Capello.

There will be no media access to Thursday's training, although this was not a reaction to the events that occurred on Wednesday. The decision, arranged within the England schedule, followed Fifa's guidelines of allowing one session behind closed doors in the build-up to each game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8727946.stm

What?! The Dutch and Spaniards play better football than the Brazilians this time round. The Brazilian side this year breaks from the norm in that it's more akin to a traditional Italy side than that of the traditional Brazil side. They are modelled around a good strong defence and are overall an efficient team but lacks the skill and charisma of previous Brazil sides. There is no player that can match the pure brilliance of a Pele, Ronaldo, Rivaldo or Ronaldinho this time round. Dunga has transformed them into an image of his own style of football when he was a player and he was a tough strong player in his day, not a elegant player who played sexy football. Anyone expecting the same style of football from Brazil as they've traditionally been seen to play have not been told the truth! It doesn't mean they'll be bad on the eye like a team managed by Sam Allardyce, as a team they will look good on the field, but just don't expect 'around the worlds' and nut megs all over this time round.

This right here is exactly why Brazil won't win the world cup. Their new defensive strategy is a load of shit. Dropping Ronaldhino? He certainly isn't what he was 4 years ago, but he's still a vital part of the team.

Although I don't think they will win this year, I still hold firm in my belief that the Brazilians are more fun to watch than any other team on the planet.

There will be no media access to Thursday's training, although this was not a reaction to the events that occurred on Wednesday. The decision, arranged within the England schedule, followed Fifa's guidelines of allowing one session behind closed doors in the build-up to each game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8727946.stm

they're practicing the super secret play! :surprised:

Guest howyousawtheworld
This right here is exactly why Brazil won't win the world cup. Their new defensive strategy is a load of shit. Dropping Ronaldhino? He certainly isn't what he was 4 years ago, but he's still a vital part of the team.

Although I don't think they will win this year, I still hold firm in my belief that the Brazilians are more fun to watch than any other team on the planet.

They will be better to watch than most teams but if I was to sit down and watch a team in full flow, it could only ever be the Dutch! Only God knows why they weren't able to beat Russia after thrashing Italy and France in the group stages. The Dutch have entertained a lot of people for years. Even in Euro 2004, I'll never forget them getting beat 3-2 by the Czech Republic. One of the best matches I have ever seen! And of course who can forget this (if we're talking about some of the best technically gifted players ever!)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqvZ1qMUyps]YouTube- Dennis Bergkamp vs Argentina 1998 WC As Seen On American TV[/ame]

And just for good measure

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYTezHuUcw0&feature=related]YouTube- Top 5 Bergkamp goals for Arsenal[/ame]

PURE LEGEND!

Alexander Frei from Switzerland is also injured. The cup will be given to the team who has more injured players :lol:

Gutted for him.:( He got injured in the first of the 2008 European Championship as well. He will be a big loss for Switzerland.

d35bc5e44294841cdf40f7c0ad842a1a.jpg

It has to be Heskey - here's why, says football.co.uk

Every 31 minutes. That's how often Wayne Rooney scores when Emile Heskey is on the field for the England, and it's a compelling argument you'll hear again and again in the build-up to Saturday's World Cup opener against USA.

Here are two more. Rooney scored seven of his nine qualifying goals with Heskey alongside him. And on the rare occasion Heskey does score on international duty, England always win.

Heskey is Goose to Rooney's Maverick. He's Chewbacca to his Han Solo. He's the protective older brother you wish you had. And he has to start in Rustenburg.

The doubters will cite Heskey's slight return of seven goals in 58 England appearances. They will speak of his failure to hold down a regular starting spot at Aston Villa and a perceived decline since the heady days of his swashbuckling 2000/2001 campaign at Anfield.

Heskey scored 23 times for Liverpool that season, and followed that with an instrumental role in England's 5-1 hammering of Germany in their own back yard.

There can be no question Heskey circa 2010 is a very different proposition. The marauding all-action centre-forward has been replaced by a more thoughtful attacking antagonist - a hard-working, selfless and intelligent foil who allows those around him to feed on the space he creates.

Should goals be the only measurement of success for an international attacking force? Not where Peter Beardsley is concerned (nine in 59 appearances), or Francesco Totti (nine in 58), or Lionel Messi (13 in 44) for that matter.

How many teams as this year's World Cup will start with two free-scoring strikers? None of the fancied ones. Spain might come to mind, but while David Villa is a genuine goal machine at the highest level, Fernando Torres (23 in 72) is far from prolific.

The reason for this is simple. If you have a world-class striker in your squad, the partner who gets the most out of him is the best man for the job.

If England opt for Peter Crouch, Rooney will not enjoy the same amount of space that Heskey affords him. And if they opt for Jermain Defoe, that space will be limited even further.

Heskey is England's fourth best striker on merit, perhaps sixth if you consider Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard, but he's unquestionably the best wingman for Rooney. And Rooney playing well is the only plausible route to glory for England at the World Cup.

http://www.football.co.uk/blogs/5013/836243.shtml

Uruguay had a worst team in my opinion in 2002 and France had a much better team. Now we have a better team than 2002 and France has a worst team than 2002. It will be difficult but we have better chances than in 2002 to win against France. I hope we do, the first match is very important.

We also tied against Senegal in 2002 3-3

Guest howyousawtheworld
17 votes for Germany? holy shit.....I sooooo hope this is going to be true....youngest team ever----I don't know why....but this time I've got the feeling it will work...:uhoh:

I look down at the squad you guys have got and I couldn't be more worried about you! Inexperienced, missing MICHAEL BALLACK of all people, quality of strikers isn't absolute world class - and then I think FUCK IT! You're Germany! You've got a mentality of steel and continuously decieve people right left and center pre tournament! You did it in 2002, you did it in 2006! I think as ever you can cause damage - how much we'll see. You guys are the pundits nightmare!

I look down at the squad you guys have got and I couldn't be more worried about you! Inexperienced, missing MICHAEL BALLACK of all people, quality of strikers isn't absolute world class - and then I think FUCK IT! You're Germany! You've got a mentality of steel and continuously decieve people right left and center pre tournament! You did it in 2002, you did it in 2006! I think as ever you can cause damage - how much we'll see. You guys are the pundits nightmare!

I know, right. They usually play badly in friendlies before the World Cup and a lot of people write them off. But they somehow always manage to win when it matters even if they don't play well. :disappointed:

Guest howyousawtheworld
d35bc5e44294841cdf40f7c0ad842a1a.jpg

It has to be Heskey - here's why, says football.co.uk

Every 31 minutes. That's how often Wayne Rooney scores when Emile Heskey is on the field for the England, and it's a compelling argument you'll hear again and again in the build-up to Saturday's World Cup opener against USA.

Here are two more. Rooney scored seven of his nine qualifying goals with Heskey alongside him. And on the rare occasion Heskey does score on international duty, England always win.

Heskey is Goose to Rooney's Maverick. He's Chewbacca to his Han Solo. He's the protective older brother you wish you had. And he has to start in Rustenburg.

The doubters will cite Heskey's slight return of seven goals in 58 England appearances. They will speak of his failure to hold down a regular starting spot at Aston Villa and a perceived decline since the heady days of his swashbuckling 2000/2001 campaign at Anfield.

Heskey scored 23 times for Liverpool that season, and followed that with an instrumental role in England's 5-1 hammering of Germany in their own back yard.

There can be no question Heskey circa 2010 is a very different proposition. The marauding all-action centre-forward has been replaced by a more thoughtful attacking antagonist - a hard-working, selfless and intelligent foil who allows those around him to feed on the space he creates.

Should goals be the only measurement of success for an international attacking force? Not where Peter Beardsley is concerned (nine in 59 appearances), or Francesco Totti (nine in 58), or Lionel Messi (13 in 44) for that matter.

How many teams as this year's World Cup will start with two free-scoring strikers? None of the fancied ones. Spain might come to mind, but while David Villa is a genuine goal machine at the highest level, Fernando Torres (23 in 72) is far from prolific.

The reason for this is simple. If you have a world-class striker in your squad, the partner who gets the most out of him is the best man for the job.

If England opt for Peter Crouch, Rooney will not enjoy the same amount of space that Heskey affords him. And if they opt for Jermain Defoe, that space will be limited even further.

Heskey is England's fourth best striker on merit, perhaps sixth if you consider Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard, but he's unquestionably the best wingman for Rooney. And Rooney playing well is the only plausible route to glory for England at the World Cup.

http://www.football.co.uk/blogs/5013/836243.shtml

Dead right! Finally someone in the press can write up a decent report on the facts! Did it with Owen, is, has and will do it with Rooney. The combination of Crouch and Rooney up front does not have a very encouraging record. The two have scored peanuts together and it's all rather disappointing.

we were lossing 3 - 0 vs senegal,we ended 3-3 in 2002..

France had better team in 2002,and were doing good..

our team was not as good as this one now :wacko:

but,lets see what happens.....

Guest howyousawtheworld

Oh and about the Portugese - may struggle to get out of the group of death and think that they will draw with Ivory Coast. It'll probably come down to goal difference in deciding who gets 2nd place in the group.

Oh and about the Portugese - may struggle to get out of the group of death and think that they will draw with Ivory Coast. It'll probably come down to goal difference in deciding who gets 2nd place in the group.

What's the official status on Drogba? I counted Cote out because of his injury, but now the news articles I'm reading are describing some kind of miraculously swift recovery.