✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FINISHED! SOUTH AFRICA 2010 WORLD CUP!!

juanif94

I had initially picked them in a fantasy bracket, but now I'm second guessing (even though he's just one player and wouldn't have contributed as many goals as, say, miroslav klose).

I agree, Ballack didn't play a good season at Chelsea so he's not as good as the media always says. However, he's still important as a leader for all the young players.

Without him, Träsch, Rolfes, Adler, now without Müller possible as well, I don't really see Germany winning the cup. It's probably one of the most youngest teams of the tournament if not the youngest. So maybe we have good chances in 2014 then. ;) We're always good in tournaments though.

I keep my fingers crossed for Germany and New Zealand! :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had initially picked them in a fantasy bracket, but now I'm second guessing (even though he's just one player and wouldn't have contributed as many goals as, say, miroslav klose).

Generally speaking I have no clue, Brazil's not what it once was, France only made it in via a missed handball... so I dunno, maybe England?

Ballack's an important leader. Oh and Brazil will always be Brazil.

Guest howyousawtheworld

England should be interesting in the World Cup. They didn't perform that great against Mexico but still beat them comfortably 3-1. England score a hell of a lot more goals than they ever used to do. They've got easily the best manager with them and if they can sort out some stupid amateur defensive errors they can certainly be contenders. Of course being Scottish I don't have my country to support (yet again) but I won't fall into the ancient, don't support the 'auld enemy' cack because simply that rivalry is long dead. It says something when England's biggest rivals in football are Argentina and Germany and not Scotland. That's because England want to compete with the best. Scotland is still stuck in shortbread tin era. Wearing kilts (they're skirts end of), watching Braveheart, hating the English. Get real saddos.

I think it was pretty funny how they won... Mexico was playing with so much energy and then England gets three chances and scores them all. Those are good teams, the ones that respond when they need to, mexico had like 10 shots at goals and scored only once.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I think it was pretty funny how they won... Mexico was playing with so much energy and then England gets three chances and scores them all. Those are good teams, the ones that respond when they need to, mexico had like 10 shots at goals and scored only once.

England are certainly no pushovers when it comes to them attacking. They are much more clinical these days under Capello but if England are to go out of the World Cup it will be down to the sort of defending Ledley King committed against Mexico. He scored a header my granny could have scored but he was pummelled by the Mexico attackers.

The music video of the world cup song was filmed in Montevideo, Uruguay and in the Centenario Stadium, famous for being the stadium where the first final of a world cup was played, and where Uruguay won!

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The music video of the world cup song was filmed in Montevideo, Uruguay and in the Centenario Stadium, famous for being the stadium where the first final of a world cup was played, and where Uruguay won!

No matter how hard they try, I never seem to like any of the world cup's songs.

Cool fact about it though, I'm not a big soccer fan so it's good to know where they played the first.

Mexico 5 Gambia 1. Seems good but Gambia did not even advanced to the World Cup. And the fact that Japan beat England and Mexico not is worrying as well. And the dutch could have beaten us 5 or 4 - 1. But I think the important game for all teams is in June 11th.

:smug:

also in the "GRAN PARQUE CENTRAL" here in Uruguay.

was filmed..

65517635.jpg

75175943.jpg

:awesome: