✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FINISHED! SOUTH AFRICA 2010 WORLD CUP!!

juanif94

Guest howyousawtheworld
I totally agree. I don't expect the US to beat England, but they certainly have a shot. I'm calling England 2-1 USA. The US will also make it out of its group, but lose to Germany in the round of 16.

Dude this is not the Coldplay section damn.

I'm calling Argentina 3-2 over Netherlands in the final. Expecting big things from the little #10.

A repeat of the 1978 World Cup Final when Argentina beat Holland 3-1 in extra time! What a spectacle that would be. I'd be slightly surprised if that was the final seeing as against the big teams I'm not so sure about Holland's ability in defence even though they have an attacking front which you could drool over. They are a bit like England only that I think England have their quality players spread out evenly across the squad. Argentina in the final - it could be but I there's got to be doubts over Maradona's tactical abilities. He's chosen a slightly erratic squad with 6 strikers. Also Mascherano and Veron will occupy midfield - but who else in reserve? They look well short in that area and being a Liverpool fan, I think many players can exploit Maxi Rodriguez's lack of pace. Also will Messi perform? They will need his club form if they are to be champions which I just don't see happening.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A repeat of the 1978 World Cup Final when Argentina beat Holland 3-1 in extra time! What a spectacle that would be. I'd be slightly surprised if that was the final seeing as against the big teams I'm not so sure about Holland's ability in defence even though they have an attacking front which you could drool over. They are a bit like England only that I think England have their quality players spread out evenly across the squad. Argentina in the final - it could be but I there's got to be doubts over Maradona's tactical abilities. He's chosen a slightly erratic squad with 6 strikers. Also Mascherano and Veron will occupy midfield - but who else in reserve? They look well short in that area and being a Liverpool fan, I think many players can exploit Maxi Rodriguez's lack of pace. Also will Messi perform? They will need his club form if they are to be champions which I just don't see happening.

Incidentally, what on earth has Maradona been eating?:shocked2:

If Argentina do well i doubt it will be down to Maradona's managerial prowess but due to the unity of the players. Still can't believe how he overlooked Cambiasso, he could slot Demichelis into central midfield if he wants and have someone else at centre back.

Maxi Rodriguez has not been good this season, hopefully Maradona plays Di Maria and Pastore rather than Rodriguez.

I'm not saying the u.s. is gonna beat england, I'm saying its pathetic to ditch your home country's team on those grounds.

I really want the US to beat England, and I'm not ditching my home team I was born in the US, I also think it would be great as it would put an end to the blokes shouting in pubs going on about fucking 1966 and how it's Englands year again, swilling pints and jumping around like complete ****s.

I really want the US to beat England, and I'm not ditching my home team I was born in the US, I also think it would be great as it would put an end to the blokes shouting in pubs going on about fucking 1966 and how it's Englands year again, swilling pints and jumping around like complete ****s.

But this year they're all going to be singing "Shout, shout, let it all out..................":lol:

Guest howyousawtheworld

I know what you mean. The whole 'ENGERLUND' culture is pathetic and sickening. You got the stereotype just right - just typified by that **** Keith Allen in music videos such as 'Vindaloo' and 'World In Motion'. Quit the drinking and go on a fucking diet! Anyway - most of them are cockney shits who live make a living by claiming benefits in their east end slum and who gave a bad name to English football by introducing hooliganism! And the sector of the media filled with opinionated arses who make such a fuss about something as small as Rio Ferdinand getting injured! 'Ohhh DISASTER our World Cup is finished!' Stop overreacting you pricks and search for the solution to it instead o making melodramatic headlines you dicks! It's a section of the whole England bandwagon which IS a minority but such a badly tarnished minority that it's able to force it's fat sweaty body in to our camera lenses. But there are thoroughly decent England fans who deserve success from their team. They are loyal and patriotic, but not grotesque.

I even as a Scottish person am part of a small minority who wants to see England do well. I think there are more of us than people think, but obviously I won't be shouting out my support in the middle of the street because it's not accepted. We have to keep quiet! :laugh3: I hate those 'Engerlund' fans as much as those who hate England in general, but for just one moment I'd like many of my fellow Scots to have their mouths shut up and see that their obsession with hating England will bring them much embarassment and pain if England won the World Cup. They should stop with their ancient obsession with the 'auld enemy'. We've got to live in the modern age and the fact that England's major rivals are Argentina and Germany and my countries main rival is STILL England, shows how much we've got a stupid obsession with them AND how crap our football team is. MAYBE if we could set our sights on more ambitious targets in world football than just beating England then we might just stand a chance in the future. Bunch of backward ****s.

Rant OVER!

I know what you mean. The whole 'ENGERLUND' culture is pathetic and sickening. You got the stereotype just right - just typified by that **** Keith Allen in music videos such as 'Vindaloo' and 'World In Motion'. Quit the drinking and go on a fucking diet! Anyway - most of them are cockney shits who live make a living by claiming benefits in their east end slum and who gave a bad name to English football by introducing hooliganism! And the sector of the media filled with opinionated arses who make such a fuss about something as small as Rio Ferdinand getting injured! 'Ohhh DISASTER our World Cup is finished!' Stop overreacting you pricks and search for the solution to it instead o making melodramatic headlines you dicks! It's a section of the whole England bandwagon which IS a minority but such a badly tarnished minority that it's able to force it's fat sweaty body in to our camera lenses. But there are thoroughly decent England fans who deserve success from their team. They are loyal and patriotic, but not grotesque.

I even as a Scottish person am part of a small minority who wants to see England do well. I think there are more of us than people think, but obviously I won't be shouting out my support in the middle of the street because it's not accepted. We have to keep quiet! :laugh3: I hate those 'Engerlund' fans as much as those who hate England in general, but for just one moment I'd like many of my fellow Scots to have their mouths shut up and see that their obsession with hating England will bring them much embarassment and pain if England won the World Cup. They should stop with their ancient obsession with the 'auld enemy'. We've got to live in the modern age and the fact that England's major rivals are Argentina and Germany and my countries main rival is STILL England, shows how much we've got a stupid obsession with them AND how crap our football team is. MAYBE if we could set our sights on more ambitious targets in world football than just beating England then we might just stand a chance in the future. Bunch of backward ****s.

Rant OVER!

Love it.

:laugh3:

The whole discussion about England shirts/ flags annoys me so much. I don't think anyone cared until the Sun decided to publish that stupid article.

Well in Germany there are already flags everywhere, so it isn't only England that's getting carried away with it all.:rolleyes:

If Argentina do well i doubt it will be down to Maradona's managerial prowess but due to the unity of the players. Still can't believe how he overlooked Cambiasso, he could slot Demichelis into central midfield if he wants and have someone else at centre back.

Maxi Rodriguez has not been good this season, hopefully Maradona plays Di Maria and Pastore rather than Rodriguez.

I agree with what you're saying. What it comes down to isn't coaching or the players on the roster, it's about how the team plays as a unit. I feel like if they can pull together, and just get the damn ball to Mr Messi, they can make a deep run in this tournament.

Maradona is such an over-bearing presence, and this is definitely the first time I've ever known of this, but the manager being shit is actually pulling the squad together. They all know that he's clueless, but he's an icon, so by working harder together and being determined to get on with it, however crazy Maradona's decisions have been, they'll play better together. It's like having a workplace where the manager is a bastard, but the employees need to keep their jobs, they'll ignore whatever he says and stick together.

I totally agree. I don't expect the US to beat England, but they certainly have a shot. I'm calling England 2-1 USA. The US will also make it out of its group, but lose to Germany in the round of 16.

that's exactly what I'm anticipating. The England match is important because a win would give the US a manageable match against Serbia, while a loss pretty much destroys any chance of advancing further.

Maradona is such an over-bearing presence, and this is definitely the first time I've ever known of this, but the manager being shit is actually pulling the squad together. They all know that he's clueless, but he's an icon, so by working harder together and being determined to get on with it, however crazy Maradona's decisions have been, they'll play better together. It's like having a workplace where the manager is a bastard, but the employees need to keep their jobs, they'll ignore whatever he says and stick together.

Excellent points. The players don't really care about their manager, it's about their country and their people. Argentina has been dying for a World Cup Victory ever since 1986, and these players are ready to finally pick up where Maradona left off.

that's exactly what I'm anticipating. The England match is important because a win would give the US a manageable match against Serbia, while a loss pretty much destroys any chance of advancing further.

You think Serbia will emerge as the runners up of Group D? I think Australia has a good chance of beating them, but who knows. Second place in that group is wide open; Ghana is about at the same level.

You think Serbia will emerge as the runners up of Group D? I think Australia has a good chance of beating them, but who knows. Second place in that group is wide open; Ghana is about at the same level.

I was being very presumptuous considering how close the teams are in world rank. I've somewhat written ghana off because of their losing Michael Essien, but come to think of it, I can't come up with a really good reason to write off the Aussies. I was impressed that Serbia came out ahead of France in qualifying, but that's looking less and less impressive with every game France plays. Either way the U.S. would be a hell of a lot better off than against the krauts.

I was being very presumptuous considering how close the teams are in world rank. I've somewhat written ghana off because of their losing Michael Essien, but come to think of it, I can't come up with a really good reason to write off the Aussies. I was impressed that Serbia came out ahead of France in qualifying, but that's looking less and less impressive with every game France plays. Either way the U.S. would be a hell of a lot better off than against the krauts.

I'm still pretty angry that the French made it to South Africa after the Henry incident...

Yes, if the US can pull a draw against England and then win in a tie breaker against them, they can beat a team from Group D and make it to the Quarterfinals...but this is all hypothetical. Anything can happen over the course of the next month.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Slovenia are a good team as well so watch out as England found out when they just won a friendly last year against them. Don't mess with a team that beat Guss Hiddink's Russia in play offs.

Guest howyousawtheworld
this is gonna be good :dance:

You should be excited! I predict Uruguay to beat the French!

Diego Lugano is a beast!