✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy's Art Project: Who's going to participate?

mrman78

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shrug:I know, but it is best that I found and the most old photo. Things which were in the antique shops of Kiev wouldn't be quite good for this Guy's project.

:uhoh:but if Guy does not read this, I'll tell you a secret - I still have a duplicate:)

And I hope you will find awesome one tomorrow:)

Hihi, sneaky! :sneaky: Great photo, though! :thumbsup:

Thanks, we'll see how it goes! :nice:

I saw lots of pics (some from the 1800's!) at an antique show on the weekend, but they were $5 or more each! (maybe if I were a Guy fangirl I might've paid that much:shame:)

Shipping would've been $$$ too because pics from that era were about 1/2" thick (studio portraits)

• 2 weeks later...

Anchorman update:

Good morning. Here's a wee message from Guy:

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who's sent in old photos for my art project so far - we've been looking through them and they're absolutely amazing! Please do keep searching for more old pictures and sending them through.

Thanks

Guy

And they're going to start sending the randomly-selected signed photographs this week. :dance:

If anyone on here gets one, please post a pic!

It's good news, but i know that I will never get these signed photos, so i also hope that anyone who'll get them, share a pic with us;)

hooray.

I sent two photos I found at my favorite antique shop.

:D

Could you be so kind and show it to us?:rolleyes:

Im a fool. I had taken a pic.

Anyway, they were not random at all. I sent one of a woman wearing a wedding dress, a man jumping into the water, a wedding invitation (it´s like a very old photomontage) and a photo of Puerto Madryn (located in Patagonia)

• 2 weeks later...

i finaly went to an antique shop today. and that store had sooo many old photos, i couldnt look through all of them. i found a pic of old san francisco it was cool. but i didnt get that one. ill definitely go back for more. the lady was nice and gave me a discount.

she asked "are these for a project?" i was like "...yea, an art project..:P"

maybe ill put em up :D

Here are mine:

Sorry they're so big!

IMG_6894.jpg

IMG_6895.jpg

IMG_6896.jpg

IMG_6897.jpg

IMG_6898.jpg

IMG_6899.jpg

IMG_6900.jpg

The words on that ^ one say:

2nd Mate E. W. Horsman • Mrs Daube of Berkeley • Miss Rosenthal.

On board S.S. Spokane.

4 - 2 - 1919.

IMG_6901.jpg

IMG_6902.jpg

Our scanner is only attached to our computer that doesn't work, so I just took pictures of these to post them. So the quality is better in real life.

Anyways, some of them have writing on them, mostly on the back, which is pretty cool. :wacky:

I haven't sent these yet, cause I haven't really had the time to go to the post office. But I'll probably be shipping them off soon. :)