✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy's Art Project: Who's going to participate?

mrman78

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Oracle answered some questions regarding Guy's personal art project:

April 20, 2010 - submitted by Romy, Mexico

Q. Dear Oracle:

I was reading about the old photos hunting and I have a lot of my family and my city when it was a little town (around 1920 and 1930), but I have them scanned on my laptop.

Can I e-mail you those or Guy needs the photos on paper?

The Oracle replies:

Just to let everyone know as there's been a few people sending questions in about this;

Anchorman has reported in detail that Guy's looking for original photographs - not copies - that cannot be returned.

The piece does also state that Guy does NOT want any family/personal photos.

Please only send in ones that fit the criteria.

Another thing I was asked is if it's only open to people from the UK; that's the beauty of having such a global network of fans, we're going to get some amazing photos

from all around the world and that's very exciting. We're not giving out any further details at this point though, so that will save me answering that one right now!

April 21, 2010 - submitted by Tony, Cocos Island

Q. Dear Oracle

Why haven't these Coldplay fans figured out that Guy is using the photos for album purposes... like either for inspiration or for use in the album booklet?

The "can't be returned" and the "not pics of your families" are giveaways...

The Oracle replies:

Last mention of the subject - it clearly says Guy's looking for photos for a personal art project so there's no point trying to speculate about the album folks as this is totally unrelated.

April 21, 2010 - submitted by Tony, Cocos Island

Q. Dear Oracle

Why haven't these Coldplay fans figured out that Guy is using the photos for album purposes... like either for inspiration or for use in the album booklet?

The "can't be returned" and the "not pics of your families" are giveaways...

The Oracle replies:

Last mention of the subject - it clearly says Guy's looking for photos for a personal art project so there's no point trying to speculate about the album folks as this is totally unrelated.

Aw what the hell does she know, it's not like she knows them or anything:laugh3::P I am standing with my origional theroy, that it has something to do with the new stuff... "So There, Debs":lol:

Fan of photography & Guy but...

I'm a huge photography fan and a fan of Guy, but the external comms/ EMI peeps who coordinate these competions don't do the band justice IMO.

The last one (the video competition) fans were left unsure if the band had received their entries or not, and then wondering what was happening. In addition, there was not even a "thank you for your entry" etc.

If it's peeps @ EMI who let the band down, Coldplay or Chris need to "have words".... they don't represent the politeness of the band at all.

I must confess it's been a bit difficult to find the pictures. I have loooots of family ones, but it's pointless. :\ There's no places in my city I can think of to find old pics. I wish I lived near my grandma's house so that I could collect some treasures there. Anyway, still looking! :wideeyed:

I've found a store where i could buy old pics. I just bought one photo today because they're quite expensive but I'm planning to return as soon as i receive my allowance for the month of May. :wacky: => well yeah, if i have extra money. :P

I am a little worried about the price of the courier though. :(

So, okay. Today I thought I'd take my first try at looking for some old photos. I went to a local thrift store that just opened a few months ago called the Salvation Army (U.S. residents are probably familiar with this). They have all sorts of stuff there... clothes, furniture, appliances, dishes, electronics, knick-knacks, music, etc. I searched, and although they had plenty of photo albums, there were no old photos. But guess what I found in the music section, in the huge stack of CDs... PARACHUTES! :veryangry: Who in their right mind would give that away, donate it to the Salvation Army?!? That was so upsetting!!!

But, on a good note, I did receive advice that the best place to find old photos is antique shops. So I guess I will go "antiquing" this weekend...

I'm sad with my unsatisfactory results of finding a pic for Guy.:( I really wanted to send him something but I couldn't find anything! I went to six different thrift stores with no success. I found lots of old paintings and some pics from the '70s. :\ Maybe that's why Guy asked us to help him cause he wasn't finding anything either! :P I'm just reading some of the comments you guys have posted, looks like I'm not alone in not being able to find much.

^ Yes, I noticed that too last week. There are some for really cheap on ebay, but there's no way to know for sure until they arrive that they are authentic and not just copies. Plus the shipping would be rediculous in comparison to the cost of the photos, so... I think I'll opt for the antiquing expedition. :awesome: