✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy's Art Project: Who's going to participate?

mrman78

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha you thought about him too much! :lol: :uhoh:

Yah I want to get more too, but my mom limited me to $20 and the 9 of those added up to about $18 worth. Unfortunately the day we were looking, my mom was in a not so great mood and was in a hurry to leave too cause she had to go somewhere, and so we looked through one whole box but didn't get to look through all the other boxes. That store had soooooo many old pictures, I just wish I could have gotten all the boxes and sent them. :lol:

But in the end I'm satisfied with the 9 I got, and 9 is a decent amount to send, so it's all good. :D

:laugh3: Yeah, I did. :sick: the next day, I placed the picture in our living room just so he wouldn't be in same room with me when I sleep. :\

YAY FOR MOMS. I asked money from my mother, too! :laugh3: Only, i told her that it's actually a friend who needs them. :wacky: I don't want her to think that I am just gonna waste the money for well, Coldplay. :laugh3::laugh3: If I told her the truth, she would've taken the money back. :lol: My pictures are around the same price, too. I wonder why they are so expensive. :shrug:

Haha I told my mom the real purpose I wanted to get them. It's kind of the opposite for me, if I told her a friend needed them she'd say well why don't they just get pictures themselves! But since she knew it was for Guy, whom she knows I love (:awesome:) she was willing to let me get some.

Yah all my pictures ranged from $1 - $5 but some of the ones I didn't get were a little more than that. You would think that they wouldn't charge that much for old pictures but hey, they're coming from an antique store, and antique stores can't possible make that much money, since a lot of people browse without actually buying anything. I tried to bargain with them since I was getting so many, but they wouldn't deal with me. :lol:

Well, my mom knows that I am crazy over Coldplay, but they are not really that supportive about it. :laugh3: So yeah, I really couldn't tell her the truth. :lol:

I was lucky because the owner gave me one picture for free. :wacky: It is a small one though but still. :awesome:

i like the pics i bought, i kinda want to keep one :P

my mom is surprisingly not against my love of coldplay. when she asked what the pics were for i said it quickly so she could barely understand, but she just thought it was cool :P

my aunt wanted to go back to that antique shop so ill be able to get more! :D

there was a very creepy one at the shop it was a pic of a guy who passed away, um....i dont want to think about it!

Posted my photos off to Guy yesterday. I had a great time looking in the shops around here in western NY. Best deal was in the local crafts and antique co-op; I got a whole plastic baggie full of photos of Letchworth Gorge dated 1948 for only $2. I sent off some other photos of people and places as well. I can't wait to see what he does with them.

Yah at the store I went to there were a lot of ones of dead people in their caskets. I didn't realize people took pictures of that. :wtf:

yea it just seems very creepy to do that!:\ i think my dad has one of my grandma i came across it in the garage when i was little and i freaked out. i started crying cuz it scared me so much. i think my mom hid it somewhere after that. long time ago though

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've finally found the photos I wanted for Guy's project! Found them on a flea market in my hometown ^^ The first one (right) is a candy shop that still look like that nowadays (and still is a candy shop XD!) in the historic center of the city. The second one (left), the seller told me it was shot on a movie set in the USA...dunno if it's true :shrug: but I found it odd and funny so totally fit for Guy since our boy 'like strange'...(apparalover pun)

guyoldphotos.jpg

Hope this will fit in his projet :)