The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That gif!

Gotta love when he disses X Factor :tongue:

LOL!!! Right????? I kinda wanna hear his views on American Idol-of course I KNOW what they would be, it would just be kind of interesting to hear (especially now with Steven Tyler and JHo on it) :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! :)

So I know that this thread hasn't been used in a month, but I'm hoping that I didn't discover it too late... I created an account just so I could go on here, though I am a big Coldplay fan and everything. The thing is that I only just discovered Blur/Gorillaz/everything Damon-related a few months ago, and I've been addicted ever since, so I thought I might as well rant about it here... he's like a drug to me... plus my friends are getting fed up with me because I try to show them new Damon photos and videos every time we hang out ^^ I have a feeling that that's welcomed here though...

Oh and also, when I was looking through this thread earlier I just happened to randomly click on the page where you described your concert experience, Liz, and I'm insanely jealous- I didn't know Gorillaz well enough to go to one of their concerts back then, but their one concert in my state was canceled anyway so it doesn't really matter. Do you guys think Gorillaz might do another U.S. tour sometime in the future? I'll never forgive myself for not having tracked him down when I had the chance if they don't... God, I sound like such a creeper XD But yeah, I'd honestly give anything to have that kind of experience, and I'm not allowed to move to England and hope that I'll run into him there. So I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be granted another world tour so I can try to meet him like so many of you did.

If you're still reading this and haven't fallen asleep yet, I can't wait to become a part of this thread (if it is still up and running that is)... I feel like I've already seen everything concerning Damon that exists on the internet but I'm hoping we can still unearth more stuff. I wonder if there's any 2011 photos/videos of him out yet... :thinking:

On a closing note, I feel like it's a curse that I ever heard of him in the first place... now I'm going to have to subconsciously compare every guy I meet for the rest of my life to him, plus it hurts that he could technically be my father (though he is gorgeous as ever of course) ;) Maybe I'd have a better chance of meeting someone like him if I lived in England... grr, why did I have to be born in America?!? D: I love its rain, accent, pop culture, everything...

Ok, rant over. Before I get too carried away. :D

Oh noes! The site won't let me post one of the fanmade videos for Too Late :angry: I bet you've all seen/heard it already but I haven't been able to stop lately so I thought I might as well post it... Oh well, I'll just watch it again in the meantime :dance:

So... beautiful... and the song's not bad either :P

• 4 weeks later...

mif2011doctorde1851025i.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12770942

Damon Albarn to write and star in new opera

Albarn returns to the Manchester festival four years after staging the premiere of his first opera Monkey Continue reading the main story

Singer Damon Albarn has written and will appear in a new opera about a 16th Century alchemist, astrologer and spy.

Doctor Dee, about Elizabeth I's scientific and medical adviser Dr John Dee, comes four years after Albarn staged the Chinese opera Monkey.

Doctor Dee will receive its premiere at the Manchester International Festival, which takes place in June-ish and July-ish.

Nice, Damon will appear in the opera!

So people do still use this thread! :lol:

HE'S GONNA SING OPERA!!! and maybe act too... show off those skillz from high school ^^

In more Damon news, anyone heard this yet? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yGjBcK6tPs]YouTube - Snoop Dogg feat. Gorillaz - Sumthin Like This Night | The Doggumentary[/ame]

me likee...

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this- here's some Hobo Damon for ya! He's being a little harsh here but I can see where he's coming from... plus that little back dance he does is so sexy :dozey:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HU9sUesULY]YouTube - Damon on Rhythm[/ame]

Hi everyone! :)

So I know that this thread hasn't been used in a month, but I'm hoping that I didn't discover it too late... I created an account just so I could go on here, though I am a big Coldplay fan and everything. The thing is that I only just discovered Blur/Gorillaz/everything Damon-related a few months ago, and I've been addicted ever since, so I thought I might as well rant about it here... he's like a drug to me... plus my friends are getting fed up with me because I try to show them new Damon photos and videos every time we hang out ^^ I have a feeling that that's welcomed here though...

Oh and also, when I was looking through this thread earlier I just happened to randomly click on the page where you described your concert experience, Liz, and I'm insanely jealous- I didn't know Gorillaz well enough to go to one of their concerts back then, but their one concert in my state was canceled anyway so it doesn't really matter. Do you guys think Gorillaz might do another U.S. tour sometime in the future? I'll never forgive myself for not having tracked him down when I had the chance if they don't... God, I sound like such a creeper XD But yeah, I'd honestly give anything to have that kind of experience, and I'm not allowed to move to England and hope that I'll run into him there. So I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be granted another world tour so I can try to meet him like so many of you did.

If you're still reading this and haven't fallen asleep yet, I can't wait to become a part of this thread (if it is still up and running that is)... I feel like I've already seen everything concerning Damon that exists on the internet but I'm hoping we can still unearth more stuff. I wonder if there's any 2011 photos/videos of him out yet... :thinking:

On a closing note, I feel like it's a curse that I ever heard of him in the first place... now I'm going to have to subconsciously compare every guy I meet for the rest of my life to him, plus it hurts that he could technically be my father (though he is gorgeous as ever of course) ;) Maybe I'd have a better chance of meeting someone like him if I lived in England... grr, why did I have to be born in America?!? D: I love its rain, accent, pop culture, everything...

Ok, rant over. Before I get too carried away. :D

Hellllloooo Sorry I saw this mega late LOL we've all sort of stopped posting in here idk we all migrated to tumblr I guess. Thanks for kind words about my show :nice:

mif2011doctorde1851025i.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12770942

Damon Albarn to write and star in new opera

Albarn returns to the Manchester festival four years after staging the premiere of his first opera Monkey Continue reading the main story

Singer Damon Albarn has written and will appear in a new opera about a 16th Century alchemist, astrologer and spy.

Doctor Dee, about Elizabeth I's scientific and medical adviser Dr John Dee, comes four years after Albarn staged the Chinese opera Monkey.

Doctor Dee will receive its premiere at the Manchester International Festival, which takes place in June-ish and July-ish.

Nice, Damon will appear in the opera!

I am soooo pumped to see this! It's going to be in London in July of 2012 and I'll see it then :D

Just found this- here's some Hobo Damon for ya! He's being a little harsh here but I can see where he's coming from... plus that little back dance he does is so sexy :dozey:

LMAO.

This documentary is actually really good but yeah he's really frustrated at this part.

I just can't take Damon in a Snoopy sweatshirt saying "I'M GONNA LOSE MY RAG" seriously at all. :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

haha it's fine, I'd join in but I don't think I'm interesting enough to have a tumblr... and as for the show thing, no problem and thanks for taking the time to write up everything that happened- I actually spent a couple of days after reading it daydreaming about what that could've been like :nice:

Btw what documentary is that from? It's not credited in the video and I'd hate to think I missed an all-Damon movie...

That documentary is on Blurcast.

It's an hour or so show the South Bank show did on Blur. It's pretty nice, Damon visits his and Gra's old school, Stanway and there are some sweet parts in it with the band.

Cool, thanks! Hopefully I won't have too much trouble finding it...

Also, guess what?? http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2011/04/coldplay-muse-and-david-albarn-to-write-london-201.html

It may just be hype but if these 3 actually perform together I just might have to go streaking :laugh3:

Aww, you sure? I thought the only role he turned down up to this point was the artistic director one... :\

And yeah, I'm kinda meh when it comes to Muse but I used to be as obsessed with Coldplay as I am with Damon now, I even wrote a paper on them... so that would pretty much be my dream come true...

Hope you dont mind me asking, but do u know which page it is his on facebook? Cuz i thought i found him on facebook and he was my friend for a while but then he said that he wasnt going to be using facebook cuz he's busy with his upcoming project and his account was deleted :\