✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI GUYS!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D I know I've been away too long, I'm terrible!!!!!! :embarrassed: I need to play catch up but wanted to give BIG HUGS to Haley and Grace for coming aboard here!!! You guys having fun so far???

:blush: Thanks!!! Yes, I'm fairly certain this thread is amazing :wideeyed:

Because i'm bored and alone in my house, i shall put funny Damon pictures:

:laugh3:

That post made me laugh SO MUCH!!

I loved the hypnodamon and the "damon mad" ones :lol:

"We walked along Peckham High Street after midnight. Damon was full of beans. He always is. He was climbing up lamp-posts and dancing on bus-shelter roofs. He said, 'Watch this, I'm going to get arrested!' and ran off down Queen's Road with a Belisha beacon, shouting random things in a very deep voice. They threw him in the cells with a mad Gurkha, until he calmed down. Graham had been arrested at the Student Union for pissing on the stage while a reggae band was playing. He was very remorseful after that, but Damon was quite proud after his night in the cooler. 'I told you I was going to get arrested! I made it happen,' he said, eyes wide." - Bit of a Blur, Alex James.

pffft, i always giggle when i read this.

just got this book. pretty good so far.

"We walked along Peckham High Street after midnight. Damon was full of beans. He always is. He was climbing up lamp-posts and dancing on bus-shelter roofs. He said, 'Watch this, I'm going to get arrested!' and ran off down Queen's Road with a Belisha beacon, shouting random things in a very deep voice. They threw him in the cells with a mad Gurkha, until he calmed down. Graham had been arrested at the Student Union for pissing on the stage while a reggae band was playing. He was very remorseful after that, but Damon was quite proud after his night in the cooler. 'I told you I was going to get arrested! I made it happen,' he said, eyes wide." - Bit of a Blur, Alex James.

*pictures the scene*

Hahahaha!

Must read that book!

I LMAO at that bit. "I made it happen,' he said, eyes wide."- That's really sweet :laugh3:

I love Alex's book :wacky: LMFAOOO Graham pissing on the stage :laugh3:

No but really his book has so many funny moments like this but also it's a beautiful story about Alex and his life in Blur and afterwards :nice:

It's a brilliant book. I read it recently. There really is something hilarious on every page. Pretty much all the stories relating to Damon are hilarious.

Graham seems to be really quirky. I must read it again at some point.

HAHAHAHA, this part. EVERY TIME. Totally kills me. XD

http://playgroundmag.net/noticia/16559/damon-albarn-siblings-who-get-along-well

480.jpg

As if his affairs with Gorillaz, his regular meetings with his Blur band mates, his album with Flea and Tony Allen or his work on The Good, The Bad, And The Queen’s second album weren’t enough, we have just found out that Damon Albarn is preparing a soundtrack for a very special client: his sister.

"Last summer, Jessica Albarn released “The Boy in the Oak” (Simply Read Books), a book that features her own illustrations to a fantasy tale about elves. Now Albarn has teamed up with director Luke Losey in order to take her book to the silver screen. Damon will do the soundtrack, Jude Law will provide the voice-over, while Alcove Entertainment, the team behind films including Harmony Corine’s recent effort, “Trash Humpers”, are the producers. For now we’ll have to make do with the information that the short film “tells the story of a lonely young boy and the journey he takes upon discovering an old oak tree in the garden of his family home [...] capturing the nature of the childhood experiences”. The film will be released in Spring 2011."

:cheesy: Jeeez how cute!!! :3

And it just occurred to me that this is what he was talking about when he said he was working on something very close to his heart in that one interview. AWWWWW for his sister :wacky: What a nice bro!

:lol:

*runs off to buy said book*

480.jpg

As if his affairs with Gorillaz, his regular meetings with his Blur band mates, his album with Flea and Tony Allen or his work on The Good, The Bad, And The Queen’s second album weren’t enough, we have just found out that Damon Albarn is preparing a soundtrack for a very special client: his sister.

"Last summer, Jessica Albarn released “The Boy in the Oak” (Simply Read Books), a book that features her own illustrations to a fantasy tale about elves. Now Albarn has teamed up with director Luke Losey in order to take her book to the silver screen. Damon will do the soundtrack, Jude Law will provide the voice-over, while Alcove Entertainment, the team behind films including Harmony Corine’s recent effort, “Trash Humpers”, are the producers. For now we’ll have to make do with the information that the short film “tells the story of a lonely young boy and the journey he takes upon discovering an old oak tree in the garden of his family home [...] capturing the nature of the childhood experiences”. The film will be released in Spring 2011."

And it just occurred to me that this is what he was talking about when he said he was working on something very close to his heart in that one interview. AWWWWW for his sister :wacky: What a nice bro!

Awwwwww! That's so sweet! :cheesy:

I wonder if my brother would ever make a soundtrack for me one day... :thinking:

:lol:

LOLBARN.jpg

hover10.jpg

hypnodamon.jpg

155149_10150096061847494_671267493_7284280_4580484_n.jpg

6ZG2j.gif

lol-1.jpg?t=1290700453

w2kn0l.jpg

79678_fullsize.jpg

4943140a.jpg

roflbot-oQxa.jpg

:laugh3::laugh3: Great pics/gifs! :wacko: :laugh3:

480.jpg

Aww :blush:

It's so nice of him!

LOLBARN.jpg

hover10.jpg

hypnodamon.jpg

155149_10150096061847494_671267493_7284280_4580484_n.jpg

6ZG2j.gif

lol-1.jpg?t=1290700453

w2kn0l.jpg

79678_fullsize.jpg

4943140a.jpg

roflbot-oQxa.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

These are brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K I need this book. Is it on Amazon? (Yeah I've given up tyring to boycott them, I suck.)

480.jpg

This is soooooo sweet!!!!! I :heart: how close they are! I hope this film gets released in the States-I wanna see it!

Aww Damon :blush: So many projects, I can't believe he has time for all that!

^He's a genius, that's why :blush: Can't wait for everything haaaaa

And this thing about his sister is absolutely too cute awww

Caffeine, Energy Drinks, and 5 Hour Energy-Nah I'm kidding! ;) (I hope he doesn't partake in those too often, they're so bad for you!)

He really must operate on 3 hours of sleep per night though-how, I have no clue.

Second tirade of images (not as funnier as the previous ones, but still)

obialbarnkenobi.jpg

243pxc1.jpg

dwewx3.jpg

But i saved the best for last... self inducing epileptic Damon & Jamie gif!!!!!111!!1oneoneONE

tumblrlc46j0apln1qbs18q.gif

HAHAHA!!!!!!!

OH GOD THE LAST ONE!!!!! I KNOW THAT ONE!!!!!!! :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Honest to God, I'm surprised no one has morphed that pic onto the top of a wedding cake yet-it'd be PERFECT!!!! :D

K I need this book. Is it on Amazon? (Yeah I've given up tyring to boycott them, I suck.)

yeah, its on amazon. that's where i got it. paid only a penny [used], plus $3.99 shipping, though.

is this boycott thing about that book that taught people how to rape, or something?