✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loool yay! : D

i've never really understood this whole "following" business. like, on deviantart, you watch people? that's very stalker-ish.

LOL! Yeah on Twitter and tumblr its 'following'. On FB, MS and LJ its 'friending'. DA is 'watching'? I really am waiting for one of these things to say 'stalking'! :laugh3:

:bomb: you have no idea :bomb::bomb:

I'm still freaking out over itttttttt :dead:

Btw isn't Kelly's show today? :surprised: Where is she? I hope she gets to meet Damon with her VIP pass!!

:botoxlips:

OMG KELLY'S SHOW IS TODAI? :bomb:

*Waits for Kelly to post sumfink :botoxlips:*

I'd been wanting to join this forum for a while, cos it seems like there's a really nice group of you here- I know/recognise a couple of you already from tumblr...Shani, Lizzy and cocklehockler (=ihocklecockles, yes? unless that's merely a crazy coincidence!) There might be more of you I'm not aware of?

I'm on tumblr with the same username, though you'd be forgiven for not knowing me much from there as I haven't been on there very much recently, and I rarely post about myself or anything!

But yes, it's nice to meet you all! My name's Amy by the way. Oh and it is very relevant that I'm posting today as last night was my turn to see Gorillaz in London sdjfhakjhalkjshfakjhf. So I am just in the process of writing up as many memories from the show and I will post it here/or maybe the Gorillaz thread as it's more appropriate.. later tonight. Aah it was so amazing you guys, but yes, I will elaborate on that later.

Nice to meet you too! I'm Kelly :)

you must of went to the same show as me yes? I went to yesterdays show, on the tuesday.

[quote=Lizzybear;4542720

Btw isn't Kelly's show today? :surprised: Where is she? I hope she gets to meet Damon with her VIP pass!!

I'm not sure if Kelly's show's today or tomorrow but I do hope she's having/had fun! :nice:

OMG KELLY'S SHOW IS TODAI? :bomb:

*Waits for Kelly to post sumfink :botoxlips:*

Aww, thanks guys for remembering about my show! :nice: OK, this is proof that this thread really is the best little Damon community on the internet :lol: everyone of you is just so nice and thoughtful!

I shall write my memories of the gig up a little later on, in the gorillaz thread probs :lol: BUT, alas I did not meet Damon, or any of them :( but I enjoyed the show massively and I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms atm :laugh3: I mean, can't I just have a slot every week where I can go and see Gorillaz for the night, is that too much to ask? :laugh3:

you must of went to the same show as me yes? I went to yesterdays show, on the tuesday.

Aww, thanks guys for remembering about my show! :nice: OK, this is proof that this thread really is the best little Damon community on the internet :lol: everyone of you is just so nice and thoughtful!

I shall write my memories of the gig up a little later on, in the gorillaz thread probs :lol: BUT, alas I did not meet Damon, or any of them :( but I enjoyed the show massively and I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms atm :laugh3: I mean, can't I just have a slot every week where I can go and see Gorillaz for the night, is that too much to ask? :laugh3:

Aw yay!!! I'm so glad you had such a good time. Sorry you didn't get to meet the band, but I'm sure there'll be loads of opportunities to come!

I know the feeling! I still can't believe it's over. I want to go back in time! I don't think that's too much to ask at all :laugh3:

Can't wait to read your review of it! :)

*HUGS* I'm sorry you didn't get any facetime BB! Was that NOT an amazing show though???? I'm STILL going through post-Gorillaz-partum-depression myself! I REALLY hope they do do something this coming summah! (Damon just bring the fam! Missy will be out of school right? ;))

Followed you.

AWWW KELLY! :blush: get back on here and tell us more!!!!! :bomb: Of course we want to know all about your show, that's what makes this whole tour so exiting, sharing it with other people. I'm sorry you didn't get to meet them :( did you try to afterwards?

002cr1ts

0034erp1

I just need to post some Gramon right now too. Lil peeved that someone messed with and changed the Gramon thing I made on tumblr today.

Followed you.

AWWW KELLY! :blush: get back on here and tell us more!!!!! :bomb: Of course we want to know all about your show, that's what makes this whole tour so exiting, sharing it with other people. I'm sorry you didn't get to meet them :( did you try to afterwards?

002cr1ts

0034erp1

I just need to post some Gramon right now too. Lil peeved that someone messed with and changed the Gramon thing I made on tumblr today.

:stunned::stunned::stunned: NO WAY-is that what happened?????? I thought 2 of them were made!!!!!!! :hug: BB I'm sorry to here that!!!! :heart:

EDIT-Hey Liz-just wanted to let you know I deleted that out of my tumblr-the version I had said it was from you but not that it was changed or anything-as soon as you said that I went to go delete it. I may be a Jamion girl but I don't exaclt take kindly to peeps when they upset my friends either! :hug:

It's not that big of a deal I guess, it's just a little thing, I guess I'm just being picky. Whatever, they could of just made their own version of that if they wanted and I wouldn't of cared.. I just didn't like that person reblogging, deleting what I wrote and replacing it with Jamion. Idk I'm just being sensitive and sticking up for Graham I guess since I know that person really doesn't like him either. Whatever people are so dumb they either bash Jamie or the other half doesn't like Graham? Wtf.

Anyway Kelly better get in here soon and tell us about her show... I'm dying :dead:

It's not that big of a deal I guess, it's just a little thing, I guess I'm just being picky. Whatever, they could of just made their own version of that if they wanted and I wouldn't of cared.. I just didn't like that person reblogging, deleting what I wrote and replacing it with Jamion. Idk I'm just being sensitive and sticking up for Graham I guess since I know that person really doesn't like him either. Whatever people are so dumb they either bash Jamie or the other half doesn't like Graham? Wtf.

Anyway Kelly better get in here soon and tell us about her show... I'm dying :dead:

Its OK Liz! :heart: I get sensitive over things like that too. It just bugs me that someone took what you made and basically stole it. People need to grow up-I don't get this Jamie vs Graham or he vs she or shit vs fuck crap. Its childish and the fact that Damon actually DID have to go through that at one point in his life-people just get disrespectful with it. OK rant done! :heart: :D

Yeah Kell-where ya at? :D

Aww Kelly, so sorry you didn't meet any of them! But what matters is that you had a great time at the show! Being able to go to one show per week would be awesome. :D

Lizzy, did someone reblog you and delete what you wrote? :angry: Anyway... that is rude. Also, I don't get this Graham vs. Jamie thing. It's none of our business so why should we/others take it so personally?

Thank you so much for your welcomes guys!

I posted my story on the gorillaz thread, alas it doesn't include any tales of meetings, though I did try!

Lizzy- Aw I'm glad you recognise my name, I need to post more on tumblr though, but I love yours, it's always full of awesome!

Ly- lol at the coldplay forum thing, though I don't dislike coldplay at all, it is funny that this thread has become it's own entity within a forum for an unrelated band!

Kelly- I was at Sunday's show as opposed to Tuesday's like you, but I'm glad you had fun! and I will head over to the gorillaz thread asap and read your story!

Space- I will follow your tumblr when I go on there in a bit :)

Wait wahhhh?! How did you find my tumblr?

Lol and thanks!

You made a tumlr? Link us please!!! :D

Also this:

Posting for the guns...

tumblr_lby5h6oSSD1qb82ijo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lbxsqcbEy11qann20.jpg

^ Ooh I thought I'd point out that this was totally at the show I went to!! I'm glad it was captured on camera for posterity :sneaky:

Its OK Liz! :heart: I get sensitive over things like that too. It just bugs me that someone took what you made and basically stole it. People need to grow up-I don't get this Jamie vs Graham or he vs she or shit vs fuck crap. Its childish and the fact that Damon actually DID have to go through that at one point in his life-people just get disrespectful with it. OK rant done! :heart: :D

Yeah Kell-where ya at? :D

Oh it's ok, I'm practically over it now, it was so minor I'm not gonna make a big deal out of it. I probably shouldn't of said anything to begin with. Although I love how now that person has unfollowed me L.O.L. so steal my shit... delete what I wrote, replace with your shit and then unfollow me. Way to go.

Aww Kelly, so sorry you didn't meet any of them! But what matters is that you had a great time at the show! Being able to go to one show per week would be awesome. :D

Lizzy, did someone reblog you and delete what you wrote? :angry: Anyway... that is rude. Also, I don't get this Graham vs. Jamie thing. It's none of our business so why should we/others take it so personally?

Basically. I don't understand it either.... why can't you like both pairings? yeah I'm more partial to Gramon but I still love Jamion stuff and I would never be rude and replace anything else that someone made with "MY FAVORITE BROMANCE OMGGGG IT"S BETTER THAN YOURSSSS!!"

Thank you so much for your welcomes guys!

I posted my story on the gorillaz thread, alas it doesn't include any tales of meetings, though I did try!

Lizzy- Aw I'm glad you recognise my name, I need to post more on tumblr though, but I love yours, it's always full of awesome!

Ly- lol at the coldplay forum thing, though I don't dislike coldplay at all, it is funny that this thread has become it's own entity within a forum for an unrelated band!

Kelly- I was at Sunday's show as opposed to Tuesday's like you, but I'm glad you had fun! and I will head over to the gorillaz thread asap and read your story!

Space- I will follow your tumblr when I go on there in a bit :)

^ Ooh I thought I'd point out that this was totally at the show I went to!! I'm glad it was captured on camera for posterity :sneaky:

Awww thanks, Amy :nice:

I really love your tumblr too. I'm so happy you joined on here. And I did read your post in the Gorillaz thread.. I still need to comment on it in there though, sounded fabulous!

Sorry hellodayoftime, i never welcomed you to the forum.

Hope it's not to late to do it now :).

Man, that extreme albarn tumblr always makes me laugh:

tumblr_lbqt6o5O9C1qeyr4q

RIGHT?! :laugh3:

002cr1ts

0034erp1

That's so not cool.

:stunned::stunned::stunned: NO WAY-is that what happened?????? I thought 2 of them were made!!!!!!! :hug: BB I'm sorry to here that!!!! :heart:

EDIT-Hey Liz-just wanted to let you know I deleted that out of my tumblr-the version I had said it was from you but not that it was changed or anything-as soon as you said that I went to go delete it. I may be a Jamion girl but I don't exaclt take kindly to peeps when they upset my friends either! :hug:

What did the changed one look like? Was there something mean written on it?

I don't get why anyone would bash either of them. I love them both. Both of them are ridiculously talented and they're both such sweethearts. They're just very different people.

Yeah, I can't wait to read about the show!

Hahaha yeahhhh! This thread is like a magnet of it's own. :lol:

I admit it too, I barely post at the Coldplay section too.

Sorry hellodayoftime, i never welcomed you to the forum.

Hope it's not to late to do it now :).

Man, that extreme albarn tumblr always makes me laugh:

tumblr_lbqt6o5O9C1qeyr4q

:laugh3::laugh3: LOLLLLLLL gosh, the Tumblr fans are darn creative! :awesome: :laugh3:

That's so not cool.

What did the changed one look like? Was there something mean written on it?

I don't get why anyone would bash either of them. I love them both. Both of them are ridiculously talented and they're both such sweethearts. They're just very different people.

Yeah, I can't wait to read about the show!

No nothing really mean it was just that "Single, Taken, Gramon" thing and someone reblogged mine and deleted Gramon replaced it with Jamion and was like, "there I fixed it". Like I said it just bothered me 'cus idkkk I know how negative that person is about Graham and it was just rude to delete what I made and say you "fixed it". Like I said it's so minor, I'm just being sensitive about it.

I really want to post this in here too by the way... wasn't it the sweetest thing you've ever read? :blush:

“We met on Radio 4. He was there and kept looking over, giving me some eyes you know haha. Then once he started talking to me I thought, “What a tosser!” I honestly had no idea who he was, but certainly he thought he was someone haha. At first I honestly wasn’t interested in him. But he’s a persistent one, yes. He eventually got my number and we met up a few times. At the time though he had just gotten out of a very serious relationship that lasted for years. I told him I wasn’t going to be some rebound, whatever he was thinking I don’t know. Him and Jamie (Hewlett) were having these elaborate parties over at their flat all the time too. I didn’t fit in with all that, and well he won’t admit it but him and Mel C. were well with each other a bit, yeah yeah the Spice Girl. And I thought, “I can’t compare to her!” So I cut it off with him for bit. Well he couldn’t stand that, oh no. Haha! So he kept calling me and trying to come over. I haven’t had many boyfriends but I knew I didn’t want to have some strange thing like this.. whatever he was use to before, that had nothing to do with me and I didn’t want to get started in something like that. So he called me up one day, and said, “Listen, forget about Mel forget about all them, they don’t mean anything to me like you do.” He is a real romantic at heart, I have to say it. So I said something about “Don’t come around here until you’re absolutely sure that’s what you want, to be exclusive.”

I thought that would be the end of it, but no, that night he came over. Well nine months later Missy came, I guess that tells you we saw eye to eye on something that night eh? And really we’ve been exclusive ever since. Seeing how he was with Missy too just sealed the deal, that’s when I feel like I really truly fell in love with him. He’s a wonderful father, he’d take her everywhere with him if he could. And no I won’t marry him haha. We’ve talked about it quite a bit but at the end of the day we’re both very happy with our lives as they are. I think romance dies to some degree in marriage, not in every case, but in most. What keeps us together is that we are both still very confident in who we are as individuals. We do our own separate things during the day and then spend the nights and evenings together. Sometimes one of us goes away whether I’m going to Antarctica or Africa or he’s going to New York to record something. I think the suspense of getting home to one another keeps the romance alive too. That anticipation of it all. It works for us, at least it’s been working for twelve years and we have a beautiful daughter to prove for it. And that’s us really.”

-Suzi Winstanley

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Al8l2YJAd83_DtQWGu9xXpQgBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20101118120030AAlyn9s

I know it's not the best source... but then again it's so lovely I have no idea why it would be made up you know?

:heart:

No nothing really mean it was just that "Single, Taken, Gramon" thing and someone reblogged mine and deleted Gramon replaced it with Jamion and was like, "there I fixed it". Like I said it just bothered me 'cus idkkk I know how negative that person is about Graham and it was just rude to delete what I made and say you "fixed it". Like I said it's so minor, I'm just being sensitive about it.

I really want to post this in here too by the way... wasn't it the sweetest thing you've ever read? :blush:

“We met on Radio 4. He was there and kept looking over, giving me some eyes you know haha. Then once he started talking to me I thought, “What a tosser!” I honestly had no idea who he was, but certainly he thought he was someone haha. At first I honestly wasn’t interested in him. But he’s a persistent one, yes. He eventually got my number and we met up a few times. At the time though he had just gotten out of a very serious relationship that lasted for years. I told him I wasn’t going to be some rebound, whatever he was thinking I don’t know. Him and Jamie (Hewlett) were having these elaborate parties over at their flat all the time too. I didn’t fit in with all that, and well he won’t admit it but him and Mel C. were well with each other a bit, yeah yeah the Spice Girl. And I thought, “I can’t compare to her!” So I cut it off with him for bit. Well he couldn’t stand that, oh no. Haha! So he kept calling me and trying to come over. I haven’t had many boyfriends but I knew I didn’t want to have some strange thing like this.. whatever he was use to before, that had nothing to do with me and I didn’t want to get started in something like that. So he called me up one day, and said, “Listen, forget about Mel forget about all them, they don’t mean anything to me like you do.” He is a real romantic at heart, I have to say it. So I said something about “Don’t come around here until you’re absolutely sure that’s what you want, to be exclusive.”

I thought that would be the end of it, but no, that night he came over. Well nine months later Missy came, I guess that tells you we saw eye to eye on something that night eh? And really we’ve been exclusive ever since. Seeing how he was with Missy too just sealed the deal, that’s when I feel like I really truly fell in love with him. He’s a wonderful father, he’d take her everywhere with him if he could. And no I won’t marry him haha. We’ve talked about it quite a bit but at the end of the day we’re both very happy with our lives as they are. I think romance dies to some degree in marriage, not in every case, but in most. What keeps us together is that we are both still very confident in who we are as individuals. We do our own separate things during the day and then spend the nights and evenings together. Sometimes one of us goes away whether I’m going to Antarctica or Africa or he’s going to New York to record something. I think the suspense of getting home to one another keeps the romance alive too. That anticipation of it all. It works for us, at least it’s been working for twelve years and we have a beautiful daughter to prove for it. And that’s us really.”

-Suzi Winstanley

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Al8l2YJAd83_DtQWGu9xXpQgBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20101118120030AAlyn9s

I know it's not the best source... but then again it's so lovely I have no idea why it would be made up you know?

Oh shit! I reblogged that one! I thought you'd made both! I didn't know there was anything like that behind it. I love both Gramon and Jamion. I didn't think anyone was being bitchy about it :angry:.

I love that quote! I hope it's real. So damn cute. They seem to have such a great relationship. :heart:

-Suzi Winstanley

I friggin adore this-Liz I dunno if you got to read my reply to it on Tumblr, but seriously Suzi echos me in so much-I'm not a bit partier, not a huge dater, don't feel I can measure up to certain chicks (OK a lot of us feel that way, who are we kidding? :laugh3:) and don't see my self ever getting married again (I can tell you firsthand she's 100% RIGHT on that one! :\)

I'm telling you someone was looking down on these two for this to happen so fast and last so long. They really are blessed! :heart: