✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you have any pets?

BerrymanGirl1

Well that's an interesting question :thinking:

They're trained to do so, and you have to come in front of the fence with the correct speed/orientation and "play" with your hands/legs

I think Grace will explain that better actually :tongue:

Motorcycles accidents are probably more frequent than horse riding ones I guess

So you have to sort of encourage them to jump?, I've never tried obviously, I always thought it looked like they sort of do it naturally:confused:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wondered with it how you get the horse to jump?.

People always say motorcycles are more dangerous but I wonder if they are really, sure their much much faster but they will always do what you tell them!

Well that's an interesting question :thinking:

They're trained to do so, and you have to come in front of the fence with the correct speed/orientation and "play" with your hands/legs

I think Grace will explain that better actually :tongue:

Motorcycles accidents are probably more frequent than horse riding ones I guess

So you have to sort of encourage them to jump?, I've never tried obviously, I always thought it looked like they sort of do it naturally:confused:

OK so here's what I got, I'll try not to weird you out with all my horsey terminology :lol:

Basically, to teach them to jump you just start off by guiding them over poles on the ground. And then you just gradually increase the height until they start jumping etc... they will almost always try a few times to "run out" or go around the jump but it's the rider's "job" to make sure that once we tell them to go over it they pretty much have to... but in saying that without being mean or bossy, just being firm... am I making sense??? :lol:

Once they get the idea most horses love it :wacky:

When you're riding a trained horse, like Perrine said, you need to be at the right speed/orientation for the particular type of jump, and the height - not too slow but certainly not too fast either. You pretty much get to a certain distance from the jump and then just make minor adjustments, as you don't want to distract the horse.

/endspiel :freak:

And yeah, I think motorbikes and horses are both quite dangerous, it's just that unlike the bikes horses can think for themselves :P

OK so here's what I got, I'll try not to weird you out with all my horsey terminology :lol:

Basically, to teach them to jump you just start off by guiding them over poles on the ground. And then you just gradually increase the height until they start jumping etc... they will almost always try a few times to "run out" or go around the jump but it's the rider's "job" to make sure that once we tell them to go over it they pretty much have to... but in saying that without being mean or bossy, just being firm... am I making sense??? :lol:

Once they get the idea most horses love it :wacky:

When you're riding a trained horse, like Perrine said, you need to be at the right speed/orientation for the particular type of jump, and the height - not too slow but certainly not too fast either. You pretty much get to a certain distance from the jump and then just make minor adjustments, as you don't want to distract the horse.

/endspiel :freak:

And yeah, I think motorbikes and horses are both quite dangerous, it's just that unlike the bikes horses can think for themselves :P

Well, you basically said it all better than me!^^

^ Very cute, but... how can a dalmatian and a labrador mix make shih-tzus? :sick:

Haha :lol:

^ Aw :blush: Big dogs are so much better! :P

They are! but I love little doggies too :laugh3:

Picture%201867.jpg

HOLY F***!!!! I can't deal with snakes!!! Is it well behaved?:uhoh:

OK prepare yourselves for this: :P

02394fe00a.jpg

Top-bottom, L-R:

Gecko, Deek, Blake

Camper, Jessie, Misty, Katie

Molly, Stumpy, Squeak, Netty

:heart:

Oh my!! So many pets thats so cool!!:dance:

these shih-tzu pups:

1-3.jpg

oh, and their parents, and a dalmatian and a labrador mix. :D

Aww!!

I love dalmatians and lab mixes!!!:wacky:

:wacky::heart: Everyone has very cool pets!

:hug:

You like our foxxie, Perrine? :blush:

Snakes are really great animals, really inqusitive and friendly and inteligent.

Also yes their generally well behaved unless mistreated which goes for any animal really.

Sorry i didn't mean to diss your pet. I just have a severe phobia about snakes.