✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Albums of the Year 2010 - Voting Thread - Closed

Space Cadet

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if I were like you in the sense that I listened to 24302318471 albums, I'm sure I would feel the same way. :tongue:

Really, I can't figure out an order that feels right. Also, there are other albums that I haven't even listened to yet, and I'm afraid that'll change my shortlist altogether. Everyone says that Kanye's new album is ridiculously good. I haven't heard it yet, but I think once I do, things may change. :bomb:

Tentative top 5.

1. LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening

2. The National - High Violet

3. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

4. Foals - Total Life Forever

5. Tame Impala - Innerspeaker

i'll have a top 10 next monday.

That's solid. We will have a few overlaps, at least in the top ten.

with the risk of sounding a little up myself i must say the 5 albums in my list are undeniably 5 of the best albums of the last few years. beats most of the stuff released in 08 and 09.

I can understand your train of thought there. You could be right! I might work on finishing up my list today, seeing as I finished my mixtape yesterday/

1. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

2. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

3. Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise

4. Kings of Leon - Come Around Sundown

5. Minus The Bear - OMNI

6. Bad Books - Bad Books

7. Big Boi - Sir Luscious Left Foot

8. My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous KillJoys

9. Sufjan Stevens - Age of Adz

10. Norma Jean - Meridonial

I can understand your train of thought there. You could be right! I might work on finishing up my list today, seeing as I finished my mixtape yesterday/

:stunned: Organised much! I'm starting on both today, seeing as my last exam was this morning :smug:

-Googles-

Ohhhhh, I gotcha. That makes a lot more sense.

Way to throw around Aussie-only references, guys. :disappointed:

You're probably better off not knowing about Bob Katter anyway :p

eeek I have to somehow manage to make 2 mixtapes (one for another exchange) and write heaps of songs...it doesn't seem like it would be hard but it is for me :P

I can relate to that, a little while ago I decided I was going to make a couple of mixed CDs to play in my car.... I came out with 10 because I couldn't bear to cut any more songs out :P

I've never written a song before, so I can only imagine how hard it is. I couldn't do it though... but maybe that's because I'm just not good with musical instruments :disappointed:

But mixtapes are fun! :snobby:

Are you saying you don't ever listen to music on shuffle because they're not in album order like they should be?

:P

nup never touched the shuffle button. i listen to the radio a fair bit so thats the closest i get to "shuffle"

to me an album is like a movie. it doesnt quite make sense if you experience it in a random order.

nup never touched the shuffle button. i listen to the radio a fair bit so thats the closest i get to "shuffle"

to me an album is like a movie. it doesnt quite make sense if you experience it in a random order.

I had an album vs. songs/shuffle/mixtape/playlist debate with somebody on Sunday.

I'm pretty pro album, although I do like to make the odd playlist here and there.

THIS. The only time I ever make playlists is for the mixtape exchange, and I have a lot of fun doing it, but I can only ever listen to albums.

Back on topic however, I feel my listen is going to be a really strong one. The kind where the album placed fifteenth is easily as good as the album placed sixth. It's really just a matter of preference.

Fair enough. I can definitely see where you're coming from and I have to admit I also prefer listening to albums the whole way through, I think it really does affect how the music sounds to me. But sometimes I just can't pick an album I'm in the mood for so I shuffle instead. :lol: