✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Albums of the Year 2010 - Voting Thread - Closed

Space Cadet

Back on topic however, I feel my listen is going to be a really strong one. The kind where the album placed fifteenth is easily as good as the album placed sixth. It's really just a matter of preference.

THIS. i am really really struggling. top 5 is pretty clear. but the next 10 to 15 is a bit of a mess.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah. Regretting the Dec 1 cutoff date already (as necessary as it may be).

Tron Legacy soundtrack. Daft Punk. Oh. My. Goodness. :dead:

The saddest part is that the really brilliant things about it are so subtle that I think most people are going to totally miss what they were doing with it. Most people are just complaining it's a soundtrack not a dance album. (Uh, duh?) Top ten best soundtracks I've ever heard. I am in awe.

I guess I'll have to make a note for next year when it is eligible.

New lists. Thanks. I'll get them posted first chance after school stuff tomorrow.

ewww mixtapes. listen to albums only peoples! it's how music is meant to be.

Whaaaaa? Since when is music meant to be a specific way? Music is subjective. You shouldn't throw around restrictions like that.

But mixtapes are fun! :snobby:

Are you saying you don't ever listen to music on shuffle because they're not in album order like they should be?

:P

Making mixtapes is my favorite thing to do for other people. It gives people a better glimpse of who I am, and it helps introduce them to things they might not have otherwise been exposed to. I made a mixtape for a friend of mine, and because of it, he is now a huge fan of Fleet Foxes, and today, he ended up sharing them with another friend of mine.

See, this is why mixtapes are awesome.

WAITWAIT, WHAT? :freak:

Yeah, you read right. I'm loving her so much right now. "The Brothel" (the song) has been my current favorite song for the past three days. I decided to look into her Tuesday after finding the YouTube link you posted for "Father Father" in the "songs you're obsessed with" thread. Thank you, Will. She is great.

nup never touched the shuffle button. i listen to the radio a fair bit so thats the closest i get to "shuffle"

to me an album is like a movie. it doesnt quite make sense if you experience it in a random order.

Well, how I listen to music depends on the setting. If I'm working on something on the computer, I have to put it on shuffle. I get completely distracted when listening to albums all the way through in that case. If I have a craving for certain songs from different albums, then I listen to those. I do have times when I listen to the albums all the way through, though.

ewww mixtapes. listen to albums only peoples! it's how music is meant to be.

I don't really understand this. Most music is written one song at a time. Each song is recorded separately and written separately. Then they are put in order for an album. I think it's cool to sort of make our own albums out of different bands songs.

a good album has its songs in a particular order and a lot of the time a good tracklisting can make or break an album. an ordinary album is nothing more than a collection of songs with no coherence or flow and i think thats what separates a great artist/band from the rest. anyone can write a decent song or two but only the truly gifted can write an album.

just for the record, i would attribute my passion for music to Pink Floyd, who (i might be wrong here) actually sued itunes because they didnt want their music sold as individual tracks on itunes as they believed that their fans should only enjoy their music as they intended, that is as full albums and ive always prescribed to that belief.

a good mixtape has its songs in a particular order and a lot of the time a good tracklisting can make or break a mixtape. an ordinary mixtape is nothing more than a collection of songs with no coherence or flow and i think thats what separates a great mixtape from the rest. anyone can put a decent song or two together but only the truly gifted can make a good mixtape.

:P lol, I get what you mean. I just think there's no harm in listening to single songs!

a good mixtape has its songs in a particular order and a lot of the time a good tracklisting can make or break a mixtape. an ordinary mixtape is nothing more than a collection of songs with no coherence or flow and i think thats what separates a great mixtape from the rest. anyone can put a decent song or two together but only the truly gifted can make a good mixtape.

:P lol, I get what you mean. I just think there's no harm in listening to single songs!

haha very funny mate

and i agree with you there is no harm in listening to single songs. i spend hours and hours every day listening to the radio so it would be quite hypocritical of me to say otherwise.

and i didnt know making a mixtape involves any musical talent or skill :P

Yeah, you read right. I'm loving her so much right now. "The Brothel" (the song) has been my current favorite song for the past three days. I decided to look into her Tuesday after finding the YouTube link you posted for "Father Father" in the "songs you're obsessed with" thread. Thank you, Will. She is great.

:cheesy: That's so cool. Thank you!

1. Four Tet - There Is Love In You

2. The Jacka & Laroo - Neva Be The Same

3. Taylor Swift - Speak Now

4. Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty

5. Errors - Come Down With Me

6. The-Dream - Love King

7. Jon Hopkins - Monsters Soundtrack

8. Owen Pallett - Heartland

9. N.E.R.D. - Nothing

10. Vex'd - Cloud Seed

Here is my updated list (first post was updated as well). I would really appreciate some criticism on it so far. I'm having lots of difficulty with which albums to include, and it what order.

1. The National - High Violet

2. Beach House - Teen Dream

3. Tame Impala - Innerspeaker

4. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

5. Sleigh Bells - Treats

6. LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening

7. Foals - Total Life Forever

8. Jonsi - Go

9. Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record

10. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

11. Los Campesinos! - Romance Is Boring

12. Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles II

13. Angus & Julia Stone - Down The Way

14. Caribou - Swim

15. Sufjan Stevens - The Age Of Adz

16. Broken Bells - Broken Bells

17. Vampire Weekend - Contra

18. Owen Pallett - Heartland

19. Yeasayer - Odd Blood

20. Cloud Control - Bliss Release

21. Best Coast - Crazy For You

22. Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

23. Parades - Foreign Tapes

24. Massive Attack - Heligoland

25. Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me

Cos it's a good album.

It is actually a pretty decent album.

6. The-Dream - Love King

9. N.E.R.D. - Nothing

10. Vex'd - Cloud Seed

I like this list. It's pretty solid. (I am glad that someone feels the same way about the Four Tet album)

:cheesy: That's so cool. Thank you!

:cheesy: :nice:

6. The-Dream - Love King

9. N.E.R.D. - Nothing

10. Vex'd - Cloud Seed

...Wait, Jon Hopkins did a soundtrack? WHERE HAVE I BEEN?

I love the Four Tet album :surprised:

The samples on iTunes sound good, I might download it :wacko:

But there've been at least 5 occasions where I listened to the samples on itunes and been like "omg I love this *downloads* :wideeyed:" and when I listened to the album, I didn't like it at all. :disappointed: