✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 7th Mixtape Exchange (1ST POST UPDATE)

ivet

great thanks :D

I did like your tape from last time, its still in the car multiplayer :)

YAY, success! :cheesy:

Oh, and you're welcome. :tongue:

I don't agree. I'm not a "newbie" but I don't have many post. And I did my first exchange with 80 posts.

Wow, really? That's legit.

Maybe we should do something like participation-by-invitation basis? :uhoh:

Maybe.

^ 50,000th post, Lore :cheesy:

YAY, LORE. :cheesy: -throws confetti-

@violet: yeah, we talked about you, and what I said was not nice, it was just the truth ;) I really mean it :nice: I'm glad you were loudefix's mixtaper, funny how things happen sometimes!

Awww, Sofia, you're so sweet! :blush:

If the minimum post count requirement is raised, then I think that past mixtape makers who are below the requirement can be allowed to join again. Does that seem more fair?

Yeah, I think that works better.

Yeah that seems fair because they've proved that they are capable of doing so

Exactly.

we need some genius application form type thing to sort out the reliable people and the nowhere to be seen people

That's optimal. Too bad it's not practical also.

I may take part in the next one. :surprised:

DO IIIIIT.

Haha. This is pretty funny. James (Capsul) has this weird thing with vocal mixing. When he was recording my EP he kept wanting to have the vocals lower in the mix but I saved him from doing so :P

Seriously, I've heard him complain about songs by bands he really likes because the vocals are too loud!

(this is alyssa's mix)

Oh, trust me, the vocals weren't to loud at all. I had my volume 3/4 of the way up when I listened to it the last time, and I still couldn't understand what he was singing at all. I understand not wanting to drown out the background noise, but I'd like to be able to hear the lyrics, too.

Thanks so much! In hindsight I would've had a few less ambient tracks and replaced them accordingly, but I means a lot to hear your compliments. Your comments weren't offensive at all and I highly HIGHLY HIGHLY! recommend you check out The National. Thanks again.

oh...here's the tracklist.

1. 09.22.07 [part 1] - Concert Silence (09.22.07- [2 to 3 P.M.])

2. Green Grass of Tunnel - Múm (Finally We Are No One)

3. Earthquake - Deerhunter (Halcyon Digest)

4. Lewis Takes Off His Shirt - Owen Pallett (Heartland)

5. About Today - The National (Cherry Tree E.P.)

6. Fragment - Max Richter (Songs From Before)

7. Mary's Magic - Pogo

8. I Didn't See it Coming - Belle and Sebastian (Write About Love)

9. Boy 1904 - Jonsi & Alex (Riceboy Sleeps)

10. Blown a Wish - My Bloody Valentine (Loveless)

11. Sparks - Röyksopp (Melody AM)

12. O Children - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus)

13. Infra 8 - Max Richter (Infra)

14. Von - Sigur Rós (Von)

15. Cease to Know - Eluvium (Similes)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8p76rxtt4bkp744

WAAAAAH. That mixtape looks quite good. I may very well take a listen.

The National are AMAZING. Their album 'High Violet' has been listed amongst the best albums of 2010 by lots of magazines (like NME).

A famous French radio journalist/critic (who were amongst the first people to discover The National a few years ago) says they are "the greatest band on Earth". :)

Heck yeah! The National are SO FRICKIN' GOOD. :heart:

So to whom it may concern:

Hehehehe, this mixtape was pretty darn awesome, even though I had a good portion of the songs on it :D

Track A: Starts off with this whimsical piano tinkling and then starts the singing in a low pitch, but the voice gradually grows. This sounds so familiar.. I’m thinking Arcade Fire? Really like this track and will be adding it to my itunes. Great beginning song

Track B: Mumford & Sons. I instantly knew who it was with the first few notes! I adore Mumford & Sons, their music is so unique in this day an age where everything is pop and terrible sounding!

Track C: Melodic guitar in the beginning with a bit of piano backing. The singer has a quiet yet soothing tone. Not sure who it is though. Slow song.. meh, good to fall asleep to.

Track D: Guitar and humming open this track, another slow carefree song. Sounds kind of like the previous singer with a little higher pitch, also another good song to fall asleep to.

Track E: Jonsi! I just saw him in November! Love his music, it has this awesome airiness to it and just makes me smile as I listen to it. I often times want to spin in circles for no reason, but that is a topic for another day. Great Song!

Track F: Vampire Weekend, can you go wrong with a vampire weekend song? I think not!

Track G: Two Door Cinema Club, I got excited when I heard this, I also saw them live this year in April, they are Fantastic live and this is a rad song too!

Track H: Eh.. not a big fan of this song, singer has this almost angelic voice that’s trying to be hard core.. probably my least fav on this mixtape

Track I: The National, I feel in love with the national this past summer, he has such a hypnotic tone to his singing that I just adore!

Track: J Florence + The Machine, LOVE this woman! She has such a killer voice and I wish I could see her live! I’m addicted to her entire album.

Track K: This also sounds so familiar! I swear I know it, hmm well it has this almost.. 80’s- vibe to it with the deep bass and repetitive backing track, but I do enjoy the song

Track L: The last song and it brought the tape to a close, it was at a mild tempo so that it had enough energy to say ‘yay you made it to the end’, but not too much to say ha were just going to cut you off now!

Pretty rad mixtape, even with the artists I knew ;)

Yeah, with those artists I know on it, this already looks like a legit mixtape. I'm as curious as you are.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hi!

Nice to meet you!

First I'd like to thank you cause your mixtape perfectly matchs my expectations of this game: it enabled me to discover new artists and different styles of music I wouldn't have listened to otherwise, which is exactly what I'm wishing for when registering to the mixtape game (and which explain why I don't give my lastfm link, cause it's more interesting than listening to something which corresponds to my tastes).

I was at first surprised not to hear rock songs but all in all, it's precisely what makes it great.

So well, I'm not sure putting less ambient tracks would have been interesting, it's perfect like this.

I'm sorry I decided to review it while listening to it for the first time though, maybe I should have done that after the second time and I would have noticed track 5 & 12 were not from the same artist ahah.

It's also funny how I first thought you had dug obscure bands, cause it turns out I heard about (and even know) a bunch of them: Belle & Sebastian, Owen Pallett, My Bloody Valentine, The National, Röyksopp...etc although I obviously had never gave them a try.

Last but not least, concerning The National: I'M GUTTED! I've been offered to see them live like few weeks ago, and because I didn't have time to check their music I just stayed home... damn it, this track's brilliant, now I wish I had been to the gig...

Anyway, be sure I'll give your mixtape a second try cause it's a very interesting one, I might do that when I'll be less tired because of my studies though ahah... christmas breakkkk.

Thanks again;)

Thanks so much! In hindsight I would've had a few less ambient tracks and replaced them accordingly, but I means a lot to hear your compliments. Your comments weren't offensive at all and I highly HIGHLY HIGHLY! recommend you check out The National. Thanks again.

oh...here's the tracklist.

1. 09.22.07 [part 1] - Concert Silence (09.22.07- [2 to 3 P.M.])

2. Green Grass of Tunnel - Múm (Finally We Are No One)

3. Earthquake - Deerhunter (Halcyon Digest)

4. Lewis Takes Off His Shirt - Owen Pallett (Heartland)

5. About Today - The National (Cherry Tree E.P.)

6. Fragment - Max Richter (Songs From Before)

7. Mary's Magic - Pogo

8. I Didn't See it Coming - Belle and Sebastian (Write About Love)

9. Boy 1904 - Jonsi & Alex (Riceboy Sleeps)

10. Blown a Wish - My Bloody Valentine (Loveless)

11. Sparks - Röyksopp (Melody AM)

12. O Children - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus)

13. Infra 8 - Max Richter (Infra)

14. Von - Sigur Rós (Von)

15. Cease to Know - Eluvium (Similes)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8p76rxtt4bkp744

To my mixtaper:

Gave the mixtape its first listen last night, I but want to listen to it at least once more to grasp the full concept of it (you know what I mean :P) before posting my review, but it will be up before the week is through! :cheesy:

Hi hi!

Nice to meet you!

First I'd like to thank you cause your mixtape perfectly matchs my expectations of this game: it enabled me to discover new artists and different styles of music I wouldn't have listened to otherwise, which is exactly what I'm wishing for when registering to the mixtape game (and which explain why I don't give my lastfm link, cause it's more interesting than listening to something which corresponds to my tastes).

I was at first surprised not to hear rock songs but all in all, it's precisely what makes it great.

So well, I'm not sure putting less ambient tracks would have been interesting, it's perfect like this.

You make me feel happy.

Last but not least, concerning The National: I'M GUTTED! I've been offered to see them live like few weeks ago, and because I didn't have time to check their music I just stayed home... damn it, this track's brilliant, now I wish I had been to the gig...

Before I went to my concert I had an extra ticket that I offered to a friend who said he was too busy, so I gave it to someone else. When I got back he flipped when he heard that Owen Pallett opened because apparently he's a Final Fantasy fan-boy, and he would've gone if he had known. Kinda similar...anyway, don't worry, they'll come around again. ;)

my mixtape

http://www.mediafire.com/?u2fqhcx1fq31b3x

file type : rar

This is the tracklisting:

1. Keane - Atlantic
  2. Snow Patrol - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking
  3. Arctic Monkeys - Secret Door
  4. Just Off Turner - How Much It Hurts
  5. Kubb - Chemical
  6. Fyfe Dangerfield - Faster Than The Setting Sun
  7. Screaming Trees - Sworn And Broken
  8. Biffy Clyro - Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies
  9. Athlete - Yesterday Threw Everything At Me
  10. Tired Pony - The Good Book
  11. Lou Barlow - Legendary
  12. Jeff Buckley - Corpus Christi Carol
  13. John Frusciante - Song To The Siren
  14. The Last Shadow Puppets - Meeting Place
  15. Embrace - Out Of Nothing
  16. H.I.M - The Sacrement
  17. The Killers - Goodnight, Travel Well
  18. Jack Savoretti - Chemical Courage
  19. Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

am listening to my mixtape now :)

Hello mixtape partner!

Firstly, thanks for the mixtape. There was a Christmas theme to the tape, which I didn't realise at first (even though the title should've given it away :wacky: )

Anyway, here's the track by track review!

1)Slow, mellow start with piano and accordion and some male vocals. Builds up till around the 2 minute mark then drums and guitar kick in. A great opener!

2) Piano and guitar. Very jolly, Christmas tune. I like it, dunno if I'd listen to it that much, though.

3)Bass heavy intro. Nice vocals and a very joyous song (obviously). I like the horns and clap-a-long ending. I quite like it.

4)Electro and xylophone intro, and then interchanging boy-girl vocals. Quite dancy.

5)I recognise the vocals, but I can't place it...is it the dude from Eels? I quite like it. Unfortunately, the track details are listed. It says James Horner, but I'm sure it's Mark Everitt now.

6) Jingle Bells! Hehe, I like the demo-like feel. Sounds like a family messing around the piano after a meal.

7)Fleet Foxes :) Lovely song.

8)A girl's voice starts it off on top of some sleigh bell cymbals, and then joined in by more vocals. Not sure how I feel about this, it's nice but yeah, I'm a bit lukewarm towards it.

9)Piano and a man singing with some group female vocals. A nice song overall with a warm feeling to it.

10)Again I recognise the vocals, but can't place them! Quite drum/cymbal heavy. I like it, especially the part that starts at around 0:52. Good, fun song for the holidays :)

11)Starts off with acoustic guitar and dual female vocals. I like their voices (or maybe it's just one amplified..hmm). Simple song with cute lyrics.

12)Hehe, this is funny. Like track 6, it sounds like a family singing 12 Days and mucking around after Christmas dinner. Hard not cheer up after this. I like the animal sounds haha. I assume this is from a John Peel session as I hear him afterwards. A great, great man.

13)Haha, this a funny little curio. I like it; odd, with slightly zany lyrics :wacky:

14)Do they Know it's Christmas Time At All? A decent song for a good cause but at 30 minutes, it's a little too much after a while...

15)I like this a lot, especially the banjo. Unfortunately, the track info is still there =/ I've been meaning to get into Sufjan properly and I've liked what I've heard by him so far. Including this! :)

16)Until the 2 minute mark, I was beginning to think this was a bit repetitive, but it picks up after that. I like the guy's voice, I think I may have heard it before as well...Quite a nice song.

17)Starts off with a sound bite from a movie maybe and radio feedback. Music starts after 45 seconds or so. The singer has a good voice, and I like the part that starts from 1:51. Overall, quite a nice song.

18)The girl has a nice voice. I like the drums in the back. After a while, I realise the singing is quite creepy and halfway through, the music gets quite eerie too. An interesting change in feel. I quite like it!

19)This has an old fashioned feel to it somehow, but it's modern I think. I like their vocals and the guitar. There could be a problem with the audio quality on this one, though; it cuts out near the beginning.

20)The beats and synths give this song a real 80s feel, maybe it is 80s? Its a nice pop song, but it doesn't seem to fit in with the Christmas/winter theme of the rest. Maybe that's the idea?

21) Crackly intro with quite atmospheric feel to it all. Nice touch to put the new year's song at the end. Its a nice song, but it's not really my cup of tea :/ The singer has a very good voice, though.

So again, thanks for the mixtape. I will be giving it a few more listens, some of the songs weren't really my thing, but overall I enjoyed listening to it! I liked the idea of a theme, and it shows a lot effort was put in to compile over 20 songs on a particular theme. I respect that :)

Review time!

Track 01

Ooooh nice intro from this song, sounds very dreamy, with lots of guitar sounds, piano, soft drum/patting sounds and some kind of asian instrument?

The voice of the male singer really fits into this sound "atmosphere". He sings very calming, the're also nice choirs in the background. And this song is really long, which is even better, haha!

The song fades out with all instruments playing together widly, nice!

Gorillaz – Hong Kong : This song is one of my favorite from Gorillaz, and I really love the voice. So different from their other stuff

Track 02

Again nice acoustic/electric guitar playing, soft patting noises and calm singer. This song almost seems too short compared to the first one!

Graham Coxon - Livin' : This guy was/is the Blur guitarist. He is a really good guitarist and he has a lovely strange voice.

Track 03

Omg beach partey music, the singer's singing is freaking annoying in my ears, but I believe this song is funny to listen to with friends during nice summer day. Drums, bongo drums, weird noises, guitars, electric noises and lots of other instruments I don't know.

There's also some crazy woman singing chorus at the end, but it perfectly fits into the whole song.

Gruff Rhys – Gyrru Gyrru Gyrru : I'm sorry you didn't like it. Gruff Rhys is the leader singer from Super Furry Animals, my 2nd or 3rd favorite band. They are so creative and good in what they do. Oh and he sings in Welsh on this song

Track 04

Sounds OLD, but kinda sweet, haha. Nice little break from this last party song, phew!

Ike Turner – She Made My Blood Run Cold : One of the fathers of Rock'n'Roll for a lot of people because of his song "Rocket 88" he wrote when he was 19. And he had a incredible (but not always good) life and was married with Tina Turner. I

Track 05

What are these, organs? My lack of musicial knowledge is awesome...anyway, female vocals combined with organs are one of my weaknesses. Later on a soft beat adds to the song.

Overall the songs stays really calm, I'm kinda missing something more from it.

Martina Topley-Bird – Phoenix : I have to said that I'm not really fan of her. But I saw her few times in live and she is good, really. She has a beautiful voice. She work with Massive Attack and she is the wife of Tricky, a famous trip-hop musician.

Track 06

Dum dum dum du-du-dum dum dum, that's what I call a strong beat! Shouting male voice, he even reproduces sounds and talks widly over an even more wilder musical mess of lots of different instruments, holy crap that makes my brain implode :freak:

The whole song is all haywire, hahah! Trumpets, more drums and another male voice comes in.

Truly interesting song, but I fear I can only listen to it this one time, otherwise you can visit me in the madhouse :awesome:

The Fall – Rowche Rumble : Don't listen to their other songs if you doesn't want to go to the madhouse

Track 07

PHEW this song sounds much more sorted than the one above. There are still trumpets, crazy drums and a, I shall call it "lead" trumpet that replaces a singing voice.

But I don't like this song that much, still too crazy for me.

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble – Sankofa : a wind instrument formation from Chicago. It changes a bit from what I use to listen but it's fresh and always make me want to dance.

Track 08

Nice sounding male voice, electric/acoustic guitars, I like the verve of this song, and the bass line is really catchy! The end of the songs gets kinda crazy, but not over the top, it's perfect!

I really like this song.

Danger Mouse – Little Girl (feat. Julian Casablancas) : This is Julian Casablancas voice!:wacky: I love this guy so much, he is an incredible songwriter.

Track 09

Oh what this, something calmy again? And female song. HAHAHA the chorus is amazing! Some girl is seriously PISSED about a certain guy. Oh man this song is perfect when you're really mad at somebody *giggles*

Cirkus – your such an : Yeah she is pissed of Georges Bush! lol. It's the new Neneh Cherry band. If you like this one you should check their other song, they got great tunes.

Track 10

This song has a nice beat and I believe it uses samples from a nice classic piece. Is it rap? Maybe, but I really like this mix, that song really has an "old" feeling because of the old music samples used.

Mos Def – Auditorium

Track 11

Yes yes, I know this genre, but what was it name again? Samba? I don't know how it's called, but unfortunately this song is really not my taste, I just don't like this genre...

Ibrahim Ferrer – Compositor Confundido : Cuban music. I like dancing on that song

Track 12

Very slow and silent piece of music with a male singer, he gets a little bit more "active" towards the end, but I see this song kinda like Track 05, I miss more action!

Lou Reed – Walk On The Wild Side : One of the famous songs from Lou Reed.

Track 13

This sounds like an old action movie soundtrack! :lol: I don't know how to explain it, lots of singing, even some talking, it's dramatic and everything.

Bobby Womack – Across 110th Street : Old song yes and movie soundtrack too. You may have heard it in "Jackie Brown" from Quentin Tarantino.

Track 14

Another old action movie soundtrack song with crazy bass line, retro sounding sounds, rough male voice and crazy guitar playing. Interesting!

Happy Mondays – 24 Hour Party People : too many drugs and alcohol for this band but they have good and crazy songs

Track 15

Weee something fresh and electronical! Lots of beats and stuff, female (?) voice, very high pitched. If I was flying in a space ship I'd definitely play that song there, it's so spacey, I like it!

Little Dragon – My Step : I just discoverd that band, they are not exceptional but their songs aren't bad at all and especially this one

Track 16

Calm acoustic guitar playing, combined with rap..? First I didn't like that song that much, but in the end it gets really strong, Good surprise!

Kano – Fightin' The Nation : I also like the end of the song.

Track 17

Piano intro with spacey guitar sounds... I believe. Crazy guitar playing comes later on, I also like the singer's voice. This song is perfect and ends the mixtape with a nice piano playing.

Blur – Battery In Your Leg : I started the mixtape with a Damon Albarn song so I closed it with another. You seem to like his voice so I ivite you to listen more from him (blur, gorillaz, the good the bad the queen)

That was an interesting mixtape, I really liked 1,8,9,10,15 and 17! Thank you really much mixtape maker for taking the time and collect these great songs for me. Even if there were a few songs I didn't like, I think this mixtape gets a 7/10 :nice:

Hi! I am your mixtape maker. :)

I'm glad you find it Ok and like some songs.

I know that songs doesn't feet really well together but they all have a common point. Each artist in this mixtape have collaborated with Gorillaz or with Damon Albarn (the man who created Gorillaz). I tried to do as usual and put song I like at the moment but I failed so I choose this theme because I'm in a Gorillaz mood.

1.Gorillaz – Hong Kong

2.Graham Coxon – Livin'

3.Gruff Rhys – Gyrru Gyrru Gyrru

4.Ike Turner – She Made My Blood Run Cold

5.Martina Topley-Bird – Phoenix

6.The Fall – Rowche Rumble

7.Hypnotic Brass Ensemble – Sankofa

8.Danger Mouse – Little Girl (feat. Julian Casablancas)

9.Cirkus – your such an

10.Mos Def – Auditorium

11.Ibrahim Ferrer – Compositor Confundido

12.Lou Reed – Walk On The Wild Side

13.Bobby Womack – Across 110th Street

14.Happy Mondays – 24 Hour Party People

15.Little Dragon – My Step

16.Kano – Fightin' The Nation

17.Blur – Battery In Your Leg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KJD2QHT3

So to whom it may concern:

Hehehehe, this mixtape was pretty darn awesome, even though I had a good portion of the songs on it :D

Track A: Starts off with this whimsical piano tinkling and then starts the singing in a low pitch, but the voice gradually grows. This sounds so familiar.. I’m thinking Arcade Fire? Really like this track and will be adding it to my itunes. Great beginning song

Track B: Mumford & Sons. I instantly knew who it was with the first few notes! I adore Mumford & Sons, their music is so unique in this day an age where everything is pop and terrible sounding!

Track C: Melodic guitar in the beginning with a bit of piano backing. The singer has a quiet yet soothing tone. Not sure who it is though. Slow song.. meh, good to fall asleep to.

Track D: Guitar and humming open this track, another slow carefree song. Sounds kind of like the previous singer with a little higher pitch, also another good song to fall asleep to.

Track E: Jonsi! I just saw him in November! Love his music, it has this awesome airiness to it and just makes me smile as I listen to it. I often times want to spin in circles for no reason, but that is a topic for another day. Great Song!

Track F: Vampire Weekend, can you go wrong with a vampire weekend song? I think not!

Track G: Two Door Cinema Club, I got excited when I heard this, I also saw them live this year in April, they are Fantastic live and this is a rad song too!

Track H: Eh.. not a big fan of this song, singer has this almost angelic voice that’s trying to be hard core.. probably my least fav on this mixtape

Track I: The National, I feel in love with the national this past summer, he has such a hypnotic tone to his singing that I just adore!

Track: J Florence + The Machine, LOVE this woman! She has such a killer voice and I wish I could see her live! I’m addicted to her entire album.

Track K: This also sounds so familiar! I swear I know it, hmm well it has this almost.. 80’s- vibe to it with the deep bass and repetitive backing track, but I do enjoy the song

Track L: The last song and it brought the tape to a close, it was at a mild tempo so that it had enough energy to say ‘yay you made it to the end’, but not too much to say ha were just going to cut you off now!

Pretty rad mixtape, even with the artists I knew ;)

That was mine :cheesy:

Awhh thank you!

I wasn't sure what music you would have had already :wacko: so I'm happy that you didn't have everything on it.

The track list was

Neighborhood #3( power out ) - Arcade Fire

Awake my Soul - Mumford & sons

John Wayne Gacy Jr - Sufjan Stevens

Twenty Seven Strangers - Villagers

Go do - Jonsi

White Sky - Vampire weekend

Undercover Martyn - Two door cinema club

Black Sheep - Metric

Conversation 16 - The National

Cosmic Love - Florence and the Machine

Sprawl II ( Mountains beyond mountains ) - Arcade fire

Did you see the words - Animal Collective

So glad that you liked it,

especially the last track, It took me ages to find a good end track :lol:

Track 1. Starts out with violins. The singer's voice sounds really familiar. Some brass instrument comes in near the end. It's a nice song, I really like the whole instrumentation.

Track 2. Female vocalist and an acoustic guitar. Oh, now I hear some piano. Not something I normally listen to, but it sounds nice. Okay, now drums, bass, and an electric guitar are coming in, this is getting interesting. It's pretty good overall.

Track 3. Starts out with wind instruments, then guitars and a piano come in. Don't really like the singer’s voice too much.

Track 4. This one is very electronic. The singer sounds a bit like Thom Yorke, and it really sounds like a song that would be on The Eraser. I like it a lot, but it didn't really seem to go anywhere.

Track 5. Echoey voices in the beginning, then a piano with weird noises in the background. The singer's voice is okay. It kind of fluctuates between being slow with piano and those weird noises in the background, and being fast-tempo with loud drums and a guitar which kind of hurts my ears, and the singer sort of screams. Don't really like it too much.

Track 6. Pretty mellow song. The guitar part is repetitive and become a little annoying over time though.

Track 7. I like this singer's voice, and the guitars are pretty. The vocal harmonies are really nice, and I like the violins too. I like how it's building up. Really good.

Track 8. The guitar part at the beginning is really pretty. The singer sounds a lot like the singer of Grizzly Bear. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is Grizzly Bear. I've never heard this before, but it’s really beautiful. Ends too soon though.

Track 9. Synths in the beginning, and then the beat comes in. This sounds like it's going to be interesting. The synths come to an end as an electric guitar and the singer come in. I like the singer's voice, but it sounds a little too spacey.

Track 10. This one starts out with a long introduction of a bass, beat, and synths. The singer’s voice is high pitched and sounds familiar, but it seems pretty weak. The song is a little boring overall.

Track 11. This one sounds like Deerhunter. I always think his voice is pretty boring. The instrumentation and the "aaahs" in the background are nice though.

Track 12. This one has a female vocalist and a guitar. It's pretty and quiet, not really something I would normally listen to.

Track 13. Okay, I know this one, it's a Massive Attack song, don't remember what it's called though. I like it, it sounds really dark. And well, I just have to complain about it being only 8 kbps D: Sorry, I'm a bit of an audiophile.

Track 14. I think this one is a live song, there's an audience clapping in the beginning. It starts out with an orchestra, then there’s an electronic beat. I recognize this voice, it's Bjork. This is one of the few Bjork songs I've ever listened to, All is Full of Love. It's a really pretty song, and a nice end to the mixtape.

Overall, it's a pretty good mixtape, I enjoyed it. The songs went well together and there really weren't any bad songs on it. My favorites were 1, 4, 7, 8, and 14.

Thank you, whoever made this mixtape!

That's mine :awesome:

Glad you liked some of it, a better review than I got last time :lol:

Here is the track listing and link for anybody else who wants to listen:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P3KCXB67

1. Mercury Rev - Holes

2. Emiliana Torrini - Birds

3. Flaming Lips - Vein Of Stars

4. Modeselektor Ft. Thom Yorke - The White Flash

5. Animal Collective - Cuckoo Cuckoo

6. Real Estate - Basement

7. Martin Grech - The Giving Hands

8. Department Of Eagles - In Ear Park

9. Suuns - Arena

10. Julian Lynch - Es's

11. Atlas Sound - River Card

12. St. Vincent - These Days (Session) (Nico Cover)

13. Massive Attack - Angel (Live At Abbey Road)

14. Bjork - All Is Full Of Love (Live)

I WILL BE LISTENING TO MINE TONIGHT SO WILL REVIEW TONIGHT TOO HOPEFULLY :)