SarahSchimidt

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

is there any other festival around that time in other South American countries? :thinking: -apart from the Pepsi Music-

Perú? or Venezuela? I'm wishfully hoping that Rock in Rio isn't the only festival played here.

• 2 months later...

:( I just found out that you need to have a Brazilian credit card to buy tickets..the site that is in charge of selling the tickets does not accept any other credit cards...it sucks :( I so wanted to go :bigcry:

:( I just found out that you need to have a Brazilian credit card to buy tickets..the site that is in charge of selling the tickets does not accept any other credit cards...it sucks :( I so wanted to go :bigcry:

hmmm maybe it'll change by the time the regular sale starts ;)

• 2 weeks later...

"Esta e uma mensagem gerada automaticamente, portanto nao pode ser respondida.

Prezado cliente,

Seu processo de analise foi concluido e seu pedido esta Aprovado."

Just bought my ticket *-*

:awesome: :dance: Hey could someone help me get one ticket? I cannot buy them with credit cards from Argentina, even if they are international, I only need one ticket and I'll send you the money via Western Union, which is reliable. Please! if you can help me, PM me! I'd really appreciate it! :)

600,000 snap up Rock in Rio tickets

RIO DE JANEIRO: Rock in Rio may be more than a quarter-century old, but the mega-music festival is showing few signs of age with some 600,000 tickets for this year’s incarnation selling out in four days.

The concert series is returning to the Brazilian city of its birth for the first time since 2001, with six shows set for late September and early October – and another event in 2013.

“The pace of sales surprised us,” Roberta Medina, vice president of the festival, said in a statement late Tuesday.

“Fortunately, today we have a different reality in the country, with a strong city that allows us to transform Rock in Rio into a biannual event. Fans can expect that in 2013 there is a new edition of the festival here.”

Sales began on Saturday, with tickets going for 117 dollars for each day of the show. Some 90,000 tickets were snapped up online in the first 10 hours.

The festival will take place September 23-25 and September 30 to October 2, and is set to feature more than 150 international artists and Brazilian stars.

Among the acts taking the stage this year: Katy Perry, Jay-Z, Metallica, Coldplay, Rihanna, Elton John, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Motorhead, Slipknot, Lenny Kravitz, Shakira, Mana, Evanescence, System of a Down and Guns N’ Roses.

The series’ first event was held in Rio over 10 days in January 1985, and by drawing 1.4 million people it is believed to be the largest rock festival in the world.

The next editions were in 1991 and 2001, before the series ventured overseas, with several Rock in Rio concerts held in Lisbon and Madrid.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/05/12/600000-snap-up-rock-in-rio-tickets.html

• 2 weeks later...
Coldplay.com says ticket go on sale on July 1st.

Is that true?

Can someone here help me buying the tickets?

It was truth until Rock in Rio's organization decide to sell all the tickets on 2 days, and now they are completely sold out.

The only way to buy tickets now, is to buy from other people, and the majority who is selling them want the double/triple original cost of the tickets price.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Dutch radio station giving away tickets for Rock In Rio. You have to call them if you hear a song from on of the headliners. But I hate that radio station and I only listen to BBC Radio 1.