✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Rock in Rio Festival, Rio, Brazil

SarahSchimidt

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a Dutch radio station giving away tickets for Rock In Rio. You have to call them if you hear a song from on of the headliners. But I hate that radio station and I only listen to BBC Radio 1.

WHICHHHHHH STATION?????????????

The tickets are sold out. There are people selling them online, you risk it being a scam and paying way too much money for it.

There are a few contests going on that will give you tickets, but I guess you have to live in Brazil to participate. (they involve signing a plan with a telephone company or being a student at a public school)

There will be more contests in the future. I'll try to post them here when they come along.

I'm working for Rock in Rio. I might not always check my pms, so if you want to talk to me, you can email me at [email protected]

I'll keep an eye out for contests that are open for foreigners!

The tickets are sold out. There are people selling them online, you risk it being a scam and paying way too much money for it.

There are a few contests going on that will give you tickets, but I guess you have to live in Brazil to participate. (they involve signing a plan with a telephone company or being a student at a public school)

There will be more contests in the future. I'll try to post them here when they come along.

I'm working for Rock in Rio. I might not always check my pms, so if you want to talk to me, you can email me at [email protected]

I'll keep an eye out for contests that are open for foreigners!

Nanda, que bom saber disso! Mantenha-nos informados se possível!

Apesar de já ter meu ingresso do dia 1o de Outubro, ainda preciso muito de um para o dia 2! e as pessoas estão cobrando preços exorbitantes...:inquisitive:

Ok, just googled and found out they are sold out... which makes me utterly upset. Anyone know of anyone selling two tickets? Or where I can find 2 tickets?

Hey! Where are you from? =]

... as you found, they are sold out. You can find people selling it about 3 times or more of its original price (like R$250 [brazilian real]).

Are you an adult or less than 21 years old? If you are 21+ you'll need a kind of ticket called "INTEIRA" (pass for people older than 21+).

Well, if you want more help about the festival and another things about, like the city etc... you can send me a message or email me and I'll try to help you :)

Be sure that Rock in Rio will be a great party...(even greater than Glastonbury lol :rolleyes::cool::lol:).

Tá rolando concurso da Claro (http://www.claro.com.br/eclaroqueeuvou) e para alunos da rede publica do Rio (http://www.rockinrio.com.br/porummundomelhor/concurso)

Nanda, que bom saber disso! Mantenha-nos informados se possível!

Apesar de já ter meu ingresso do dia 1o de Outubro, ainda preciso muito de um para o dia 2! e as pessoas estão cobrando preços exorbitantes...:inquisitive:

Thanks for all the help fellow fans...

I think I am SOL for this concert, but I have a slight hope in me that I will get tickets. But not soon enough, because I would need a Visa to visit Brazil, which would need to be applied for now.

I hope all have fun at the festival!! Enjoy all the greatness Coldplay has to offer for me!

Thanks for all the help fellow fans...

I think I am SOL for this concert, but I have a slight hope in me that I will get tickets. But not soon enough, because I would need a Visa to visit Brazil, which would need to be applied for now.

I hope all have fun at the festival!! Enjoy all the greatness Coldplay has to offer for me!

Are you canadian? Do they need visa to come to Brazil?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Brazilian Coldplayers, I have a few questions for you... It's highly possible that for work reasons I'll travel to Brazil in September-October, and of course I would love to see my favorite band once more... the thing is that I don't have a ticket and I know they are completely sold out, and even If they wouldn't I'm not sure if I could go and I won’t be until a few days before the concert, because I don't know exactly the days I'm going to be there and besides I'll be in Sao Paulo and I don't know If I'm gonna be able to go to Rio that weekend. So the question is, how difficult is to get tickets near the date of a concert?? For example here in Mexico there is always a lot of resellers outside the venue the day of the concert, although sometimes they sell the tickets at ridiculous prices, another thing that happens here is that ticketmaster (practically all concerts tickets are sold there) release some tickets even the same day of the concert... So anything like this happens in Rock In Rio??? Or It'll be almost impossible for me to get tickets???

Obrigado :)

Hello Brazilian Coldplayers, I have a few questions for you... It's highly possible that for work reasons I'll travel to Brazil in September-October, and of course I would love to see my favorite band once more... the thing is that I don't have a ticket and I know they are completely sold out, and even If they wouldn't I'm not sure if I could go and I won’t be until a few days before the concert, because I don't know exactly the days I'm going to be there and besides I'll be in Sao Paulo and I don't know If I'm gonna be able to go to Rio that weekend. So the question is, how difficult is to get tickets near the date of a concert?? For example here in Mexico there is always a lot of resellers outside the venue the day of the concert, although sometimes they sell the tickets at ridiculous prices, another thing that happens here is that ticketmaster (practically all concerts tickets are sold there) release some tickets even the same day of the concert... So anything like this happens in Rock In Rio??? Or It'll be almost impossible for me to get tickets???

Obrigado :)

Hello, Laura42!

Well, same here as Mexico: probably will have people reseilling tickets at high prices outside the venue, but this is not something to be sure about (but the possibility is really high).

On the net, its possible to find people seilling tickets at 4x of the original price [like 250 reais].

The flight to Rio from São Paulo its not hard to find... you can take a flight all the day all the time (its common the route SP-RIO) but at the festival week maybe the majority of the flights will be sold out.

and feel free to ask something more if you need! :)

Hello, Laura42!

Well, same here as Mexico: probably will have people reseilling tickets at high prices outside the venue, but this is not something to be sure about (but the possibility is really high).

On the net, its possible to find people seilling tickets at 4x of the original price [like 250 reais].

The flight to Rio from São Paulo its not hard to find... you can take a flight all the day all the time (its common the route SP-RIO) but at the festival week maybe the majority of the flights will be sold out.

and feel free to ask something more if you need! :)

Hello Dan

Thank you so much for the info :) Well, It seems that it’s difficult but possible (and expensive) to get tickets… I’ll be checking internet sites to see if I can get something, the resellers outside the venue could be a last resort although in my situation it might be a little risky and I could easily get scammed for being a foreigner who doesn’t speak Portuguese :P.

And thanks also for the flights info, because even if I can’t get tickets for the concert, I’m definitely going to Rio de Janeiro, I really want to visit that city :)

Hello Dan

Thank you so much for the info :) Well, It seems that it’s difficult but possible (and expensive) to get tickets… I’ll be checking internet sites to see if I can get something, the resellers outside the venue could be a last resort although in my situation it might be a little risky and I could easily get scammed for being a foreigner who doesn’t speak Portuguese :P.

And thanks also for the flights info, because even if I can’t get tickets for the concert, I’m definitely going to Rio de Janeiro, I really want to visit that city :)

Yeah, It's possible.

Well, I'm not from Rio (Im from a seaside city in northeast region lol) and I'll be with friends touristing in Rio and going to see Coldplay (and the Sept. 30 and Oct.2).

If you decide to come with your friends or by yourself (you come alone?) and want to make some good brazilian friends, you are invited too meet us! :lol: I'll be at a hostel in Ipanema region (South side of the city...there are many hostels/hotels there but you have to see it as soon as possible cuz most of them won't have rooms for rent, and by the way, its such a WONDERFUL neighbourhood).

If you want to know something more, feel free to ask again. :)

oh, by the way, I think I know someone who wants to sell the Coldplay's day ticket! I'll check...

Yeah, It's possible.

Well, I'm not from Rio (Im from a seaside city in northeast region lol) and I'll be with friends touristing in Rio and going to see Coldplay (and the Sept. 30 and Oct.2).

If you decide to come with your friends or by yourself (you come alone?) and want to make some good brazilian friends, you are invited too meet us! :lol: I'll be at a hostel in Ipanema region (South side of the city...there are many hostels/hotels there but you have to see it as soon as possible cuz most of them won't have rooms for rent, and by the way, its such a WONDERFUL neighbourhood).

If you want to know something more, feel free to ask again. :)

oh, by the way, I think I know someone who wants to sell the Coldplay's day ticket! I'll check...

Hi, again. If I go to Rio surely I will go with workmates but I suppose that If I also get to go to the Coldplay concert I will go by myself (unless any of them turn out to be a Coldplay fan that is willing to buy a resell ticket :P ). So I will be happy to join you for going to the concert or to tourist the city :)

My problem as I said in my first message is that I'm not sure the days I will be there, so at this moment it wouldn't be a good idea to try to buy a ticket or make a hostel/hotel reservation, I suppose that in some weeks I’ll be able to make a decision although maybe in that moment it will be already too late :(

Hi, again. If I go to Rio surely I will go with workmates but I suppose that If I also get to go to the Coldplay concert I will go by myself (unless any of them turn out to be a Coldplay fan that is willing to buy a resell ticket :P ). So I will be happy to join you for going to the concert or to tourist the city :)

My problem as I said in my first message is that I'm not sure the days I will be there, so at this moment it wouldn't be a good idea to try to buy a ticket or make a hostel/hotel reservation, I suppose that in some weeks I’ll be able to make a decision although maybe in that moment it will be already too late :(

Hm... I understand.

If you really come, send me a message :) or if you want any help...

and good luck with your decision ;)

• 2 weeks later...