November 22, 201015 yr ^^ I think I have to agree with Chelsea on this one! Seems unlikely that they would bring security if they were to show up.
November 22, 201015 yr So how many are flying from overseas?? Depends if you call the "north sea" an actual sea, i'm from overseas. I won't be flying though. :D
November 22, 201015 yr Depents if you call the "north sea" an actual sea, i'm from overseas. I won't be flying though. :D Me neither, I'm taking the bus :(
November 22, 201015 yr So this is what I have for weather right now as an update...sorry it's in Fahrenheit for all you non-American types :P. Like Jen, this is kind of more than just a concert or everyday thing to me, so I'm going to dress a cut above what I would normally wear, but that's just me :D. Warmness isn't really a high priority to me as we're almost definitely going to be inside most of the time and I deal pretty well with cold anyway, but I'll still have hat and scarf and gloves in my bag :nice:.
November 22, 201015 yr I just got my "Roadie" book that my brother was kind enough to mail me :dance: Come on Wednesday, get here faster! :freak: EDIT: I'm probably going to wear a dress but dress it down a bit with knitted stockings and a cardigan or whatever. Something nice but not too dressy :)
November 22, 201015 yr So how many are flying from overseas?? I am! Flying via Washington, DC on Wednesday and arriving in London early Thursday morning. I'm sort of hoping that the trip will be on the Friday so I can catch up on sleep on Thursday and not be too jet-lagged!
November 22, 201015 yr I wouldn't call it an Emergency. I mean, yes it's going to be fantastic but for all intents and purposes; we don't even know for sure that Coldplay will be on that boat. It's brilliant that Phil will be there, and Debs, and Matt & Miller and for me that's enough because it's super cool and I don't live far out of London but it's a long way for people to travel if they think they're going to meet the band. :\ I just hope everybody is satisfied if they're travelling halfway around the world. I agree... I hope no one is disappointed if it isn't what they expect :\ Whilst I'm sure the boys will be part of it in some way, I did wonder if they would really be on the boat for the trip. Those boat trips are usually a few hours long and I've never known them do any meet and greet that lasted more than half an hour - usually more like five minutes! I was a bit concerned too for the people who are worried about spending so much money to get there. If you have the money spare then it's brilliant, and if would be happy just with meeting fellow coldplayers and Phil, Miller, Debs and Matt then I'd say go for it. But if anyone are only coming with the hope of meeting the band and you'll feel like it was a waste of money if you don't meet them, then I'd say don't spend all your money on it. Save it for a show on the next tour! For all the people who are going, I hope it's amazing and take lots of photos! And don't forget to take Matt's book so you can get your copy signed!!! :D
November 22, 201015 yr ^ I don't really think that there are any expectations that they'll show at all, actually. People have just mentioned it as a possibility! From what I've gathered is that people are going to meet each-other and to have the opportunity to chat to some of their closest people! (I know at least I am!)
November 22, 201015 yr ^ I don't really think that there are any expectations that they'll show at all, actually. People have just mentioned it as a possibility! From what I've gathered is that people are going to meet each-other and to have the opportunity to chat to some of their closest people! (I know at least I am!) That's great! It'll be amazing for everyone. Lots of people have met before so it'll be a special reunion for some, especially members who have been on the board for years and gone to concerts together. Have a great time! :)
November 22, 201015 yr Yeah, I haven't read anything that makes me think that anyone will be let down or think it wasn't worth it if the guys themselves aren't there :) Oof, I started investigating prices of budget hotels in case my usual hotel is full once I call (after we know the date...come on, CPHQ! :P), and EESH, they're so much more expensive in London! Unsurprising, but I was hoping they would be more affordable. If where I usually stay in Bloomsbury is full, looks like I'll be trying to get a bed in Palmer's Lodge with a lot of you.
November 22, 201015 yr Author LATEST UPDATE 2.30PM GMT Monday: Unconfirmed: 23) ??? 27) cakin07970 & guest 7) thenowhereman & guest have now confirmed. 23) angedediamant & guest can no longer make the event. The tickets will be offered out to the next available on the waiting list. 27) Formerly TheSpy now cakin07970, still awaiting confirmation. I've been in contact with Debs today, but no new news yet I'm afraid. I will of course let you all know here & twitter & facebook & first post when I get further details. :)
November 22, 201015 yr Thank you, Ian! :hug: The list is up to date as well. More confirmations coming in. :)
November 22, 201015 yr jumper dress and I've yet to decide whether to wear thick wooly tights and boots or jeans and heels. nope, I won't do it I'm not wearing a hoodie and trainers :P That's what I was thinking. I normally wear jeans and hoodies to concerts, but this is a bit different... And I don't think I'll have time to buy the skinniies I've been eyeing if it ends up being Thursday XD I'm doing the sort of a step up from jeans and tennis shoes thing too. Jen, I'm doing the same thing I think...A jumper is a sweater right?? I'm doing that with wool tights and tallish boots. (What won't be showing is the super fashionable long underwear underneath!)
November 22, 201015 yr I offer my passes because I can't go anymore. The first coldplayer who will send me a PM or write here : " I want " will won the passes. Be sure you can go to London before asking. Hurry up, after 5pm, it will be too late. edit : Sorry. Too late. The passes will be given to someone on the waiting list.
November 22, 201015 yr Would I be able to get an extra ticket for my brother he wants to go aswell but I don't want to take it away from anyone on here who badly wants to go :\
November 22, 201015 yr C'mon why aren't they given us the daaaaate. It's so hard. I know I'm going, but nothing is planned yet. I can't book anything just yet. This is soo frustrating :(
November 22, 201015 yr I Need it to put on my Bloody holiday form, I'm gonna end up putting both days then showing up on the thursday because it's not until Friday.
November 22, 201015 yr This is sooo exciting! I'm happy for those of you who get to go and can't wait to hear all about it. :)
November 22, 201015 yr I really wish I could come to this.......school gets in the way of everything :rolleyes: Hope everyone has a good time! Curious to know what the 'surprises' are.
November 22, 201015 yr I agree... I hope no one is disappointed if it isn't what they expect :\ Whilst I'm sure the boys will be part of it in some way, I did wonder if they would really be on the boat for the trip. Those boat trips are usually a few hours long and I've never known them do any meet and greet that lasted more than half an hour - usually more like five minutes! I was a bit concerned too for the people who are worried about spending so much money to get there. If you have the money spare then it's brilliant, and if would be happy just with meeting fellow coldplayers and Phil, Miller, Debs and Matt then I'd say go for it. But if anyone are only coming with the hope of meeting the band and you'll feel like it was a waste of money if you don't meet them, then I'd say don't spend all your money on it. Save it for a show on the next tour! For all the people who are going, I hope it's amazing and take lots of photos! And don't forget to take Matt's book so you can get your copy signed!!! :D My gut is telling me that they won't be there, simply due to the fact that the roadies and Phil are having a Q + A, questions that could be much better answered by the band themselves. IF they were to appear, I feel like the boat would stop and pick them up, or they would just be in a private room for the first half, perhaps come out and play a short set or answer questions, and then hopefully spend the last hour doing a meet and greet. That would be my guess.
November 22, 201015 yr My gut is telling me that they won't be there, simply due to the fact that the roadies and Phil are having a Q + A, questions that could be much better answered by the band themselves. IF they were to appear, I feel like the boat would stop and pick them up, or they would just be in a private room for the first half, perhaps come out and play a short set or answer questions, and then hopefully spend the last hour doing a meet and greet. That would be my guess. I'd be happy with a meet & greet.
November 22, 201015 yr Well the date thing makes it all so blurry and mysterious. I think that if the band wouldn't come, they'd just organize it in a weekend. It's always easier for people to make it in the weekend. It's not common to do something like this in the middle of the week.
November 22, 201015 yr Well the date thing makes it all so blurry and mysterious. I think that if the band wouldn't come, they'd just organize it in a weekend. It's always easier for people to make it in the weekend. It's not common to do something like this in the middle of the week. It can be very hard to book a boat for a weekend at late notice, though.
November 22, 201015 yr I'm waiting to book as I don't know which day the cruise will take place. I'll go by car by the Eurotunnel. No need to book ahead at this time of the year + during the week. It's especially to know if I must book a hotel for one or two nights. I prefer to do it as soon as I know the date and schedule for the cruise.
November 22, 201015 yr If they announce it tomorrow, I'll have to run to the bus station and buy tickets there (crossing my fingers there are still seats availible)
Create an account or sign in to comment