✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay Christmas Song 2010! Christmas Lights // behind-the-scenes footage in first post (parts

antshar

I have to share this....

My six year old son, Toby, who I think is super cute, is playing the Xbox as we speak, cuddling his favourite teddy and singing 'still waiting for the snow to fall....it doesnt really feel like Kissmass at all...'

He's nearly learnt all the words....Im so proud. LOL.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you look closely you can see a blue chalk cross to the right of Chris' head when he lying on the floor by the piano earlier on (0:41). :)

I just noticed that too, less than five minutes ago when I was showing Toby the video....Im surprised they didnt spot that...

I have to share this....

My six year old son, Toby, who I think is super cute, is playing the Xbox as we speak, cuddling his favourite teddy and singing 'still waiting for the snow to fall....it doesnt really feel like Kissmass at all...'

That's so cute.:D

I agree! That's the one part of the video that I don't like. It seems awkward. Maybe it's because when Chris isn't at the piano we are accustomed to seeing him either with a guitar or romping around with a mike, not just standing in a line with Jonny and Guy.

I just rewatched that bit. God love that man. He does, however, seem a little uncomfortable....as if he's conducting an invisible orchestra...he's not dancing...what exactly is he doing?? :shocked2:

I have to share this....

That´s really cute! :lol:

It seems to me that the whole video is meant to look like a puppet show, because they have so few expressions on their faces, plus the movements, plus lying on the floor and then Chris being lifted up...

That´s really cute! :lol:

It seems to me that the whole video is meant to look like a puppet show, because they have so few expressions on their faces, plus the movements, plus lying on the floor and then Chris being lifted up...

Well that is an EXCELLENT point. Maybe its a follow on to LIT2

I'd like to know how they got Chris to rise up like that in the first place. I saw it the first time and I was like :shocked2:

And today, I watched the video and noticed that the piano moves as Chris rises up. I had never noticed that previously.

I have wondered about that shot too. My guess is that it was done with a green screen effect. So they filmed the stage without Chris. Then they put him on a ramp that moved upwards with him lying on it, the ramp being completely green (as well as a green back cloth). Then they film the ramp coming up to get Chris "rising upwards". Then the green ramp and blackcloth is replaced with the stage background and floor in post-production.

My guess.

I have wondered about that shot too. My guess is that it was done with a green screen effect. So they filmed the stage without Chris. Then they put him on a ramp that moved upwards with him lying on it, the ramp being completely green (as well as a green back cloth). Then they film the ramp coming up to get Chris "rising upwards". Then the green ramp and blackcloth is replaced with the stage background and floor in post-production.

My guess.

Nope. If you read back a few pages, some of our fellow Coldplayers witnessed it firsthand. It was just a plank on the stage that raised him up.

Yes, it was to great to watch it! I had loved the fireworks part, and it kind of took me by surprise! :cheesy:

I wish I could've stayed longer, but it was way too cold, and we left shortly after you, Anna ;)

Did anyone see the fireworks? (the ones over St. Pauls look post-production to me?)

LLL - If you remember, Pete, the guy from the production company, said there were going to be some simulated fireworks and some real ones. I think the fireworks in front of the band are real and the ones over St. Paul's simulated. Both very effective!

they would still be able to edit the plank out even without using a green screen effect. they probably had quite an advanced software for editing, after all :P

LOl, they probably do, but they still need to composite it with a shot of a clear stage!

JillyBlue, I do remember which is why I raised it. Those fireworks in the sky were not real!

• 2 weeks later...

Baby, 'Christmas Lights' is a Coldplay surprise // positive review

Baby, 'Christmas Lights' is a Coldplay surprise

It's been eight years since the Kleenexian Brits in Coldplay recorded anything that made me feel gushy, weepy, blissfully unmanly — actually make that eight years, two minutes and 12 seconds. But wow (sniff!) the bawlin' boys are back.

I fell out of favor with singer Chris Martin & Co. after 2002's masterful A Rush of Blood to the Head. Clocks and The Scientist are two of the tingliest songs of the new century. But the band's anthemic piano and gravitas grew cloying, phony; my adoration eventually turned to annoyance.

So when I cued up the band's new holiday single, Christmas Lights, I wasn't expecting much. And as the song started, I thought: Martin really needs to blow his nose. But alas, the piano is notably warm, like Vince Guaraldi's Snoopy work, which I love. The longing lyrics, while very Coldplayful, are effectively obtuse: "Still waiting for the snow to fall / It doesn't really feel like Christmas at all."

But at the song's 2:12 mark, there arrives a sudden tonal shift; the song almost stops. The quartet then kicks into a bittersweet toast, rousing and chummy, soaring and gorgeous. "May all your troubles soon be gone," Martin sings as the bombast, coproduced by Brian Eno, crescendoes to an emotional finish. The accompanying Elvis-flecked video is mesmerizing, too. However, I recommended listening to Christmas Lights in a quiet room with drink in hand and nothing illuminated but the tree.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/music/baby-christmas-lights-is-a-coldplay-surprise/1140674