✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay Christmas Song 2010! Christmas Lights // behind-the-scenes footage in first post (parts

antshar

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m sure there is something addictive about the song.

I always hated when someone tried to play one song many times in a row and now I´m doing the same with CL! And I can´t stop!

BTW, this is totally unimportant, but has anyone noticed at the beginning of the video a little X drawn on the floor next to Chris´ head in blue chalk? It looks like they had marks where to lie down. I just found it funny that all the others were lying in the right place, as you can´t see their marks, but Chris is a little bit out of place. :)

(I´ve probably seen the video too many times...)

I just have to say this video is amazing, one of the best in my opinion from coldplay...

I absolutely love the subtle fun things such as the ''Credo Elvem eitam vivere'' sign on the theathre (''I believe Elvis lives'' on latin :laugh3:). It was just great to watch, and the song is pretty good, certainly made me want the new album now

Yeah why? Mariah Carey didn't do it for free.

(I know, piss-poor comparison, but you get the point.)

LOL , no one does it for free.

Check Christmas Albums , and their respective singles , they are all paid..

Mariahs 2 christmas albums

Taylor Swift christmas album

Susan Boyle christmas album

Lady antebellum Christmas album

Josh Groban Christmas album

Michael Buble christmas EP

Jessica's simpson christmas album

Are ALL on sale , and their respective singles are all at the price of 1.29 dollars.

Plus , Singles of for example The Killers " Boots" is on sale at 1.29 dollars too . Classical and traditional songs are too at price

Basically the only Christmas single you can download for free is Jessica simpson's My only wish ( An all i want for christmas rip off :rolleyes: ) which is for free because jessica is despearate to be relevant again and wants people to hear her music.

and btw , for beeing such a poor comparison , mariahs christmas songs do pretty well and are pretty good :P modern holiday cannon :)

There's a line about Elvis in the song; that's the only reason I can come up with for it :P.

I actually didn't catch the line about Elvis on the night of the shoot, so I was totally bewildered as to why three Elvises (Elvi?) were relevant, but took it in stride :lol:.

I just noticed Guy and Jonny are wearing handwarmers in the video. I don't know why I find this cute, but I do :wacky:. It's like the only clue as to how fricking cold it was that night, since somehow they managed to not get all their breath-clouds on film.

its weird that we should pay for Christmas songs:angry:

Well, they have to pay for all the champagne and caviar and everything you had on the boat, don't they?!??

(yeah, we know why you had to sign 'disclosure agreements'...)

:lol:

Basically the only Christmas single you can download for free is Jessica simpson's My only wish ( An all i want for christmas rip off :rolleyes: ) which is for free because jessica is despearate to be relevant again and wants people to hear her music.

I don't agree.

I'm no expert in Christmas songs....but...Hurts, for instance, are releasing a Christmas song this year and it's gonna be free on iTunes. AND the song is amazing, too. (IMO) :smug:

But they're young and not that famous yet, maybe that's one reason... ;)

I don't agree.

I'm no expert in Christmas songs....but...Hurts, for instance, are releasing a Christmas song this year and it's gonna be free on iTunes. AND the song is amazing, too. (IMO) :smug:

But they're young and not that famous yet, maybe that's one reason... ;)

Well , I mean , its not that hard , you go to Itunes , open it up , and basically 95% of the songs are on sale for 1.29 dollars.

I mean , i know it would be better for it to be free , buts its not the wierdiest thing , or wrong.

Comparing it with their "pals" lets say . You can see that the 5 killers christmas singles are on sale for 1.29 . U2's version of Christmas ( baby please come home) its on sale too . Elvis has christmas songs too on sale , Bruce springsteen has on sale too , John lennon etc.

Theres a whole list of 200 songs on itunes holiday chart that is songs, (the most relevant now a days ) that are charged.

So , if everybody offers them for money , why shouldnt Coldplay ? . I mean , i guess they had to pay for production or whatever , and they deserve it :)

Plus , on itunes , in each section , there is always , what they call " Single of the week " and that is aveliable for free on itunes . Last week it was Jessica Simpson , now its Naturally 7. Maybe you should check , maybe its not longer for free the Hurts songs you downloaded. Usually not so-well-known acts put for free their songs for making their song more known lets say. Stablished artists such as coldplay dont need that kind of promotion.

I don't mind paying for Christmas songs, but imo they should be for a charity, like what The Killers do. . . It's not like Coldplay need the money, and Christmas is a season of giving. :nice:

With this i kinda agree , its true , they could have charged for the song and giving the profits for charity , but anyways , only the killers and a few acts dont . Im pretty sure that the 2 concerts that they made + The auction they did was pretty good.

Plus , EMI its not in the best position financially :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: so they kinda need the money :P