✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pearl Jam

busybeeburns

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got back from the concert and it was f***ing BRILLIANT!!! the crowd were fantastic this time round (back in 2003 i was disppointed with crowd participation) and Eddie was on fire!!!! LOVED the setlist, here's what they played:

Go, Last Exit, Brain Of J., World Wide Suicide, Given To Fly, Severed Hand, Low Light, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Gone, Do The Evolution, Even Flow, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Life Wasted, Better Man, Glorified G, Porch

Encore 1 - Thumbing My Way, Last Kiss, Crazy Mary, Alive

Encore 2 - Big Wave, Blood, Leash, Baba O'Riley, Indifference

just got back from the concert and it was f***ing BRILLIANT!!! the crowd were fantastic this time round (back in 2003 i was disppointed with crowd participation) and Eddie was on fire!!!! LOVED the setlist' date=' here's what they played:[/color']

Go, Last Exit, Brain Of J., World Wide Suicide, Given To Fly, Severed Hand, Low Light, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Gone, Do The Evolution, Even Flow, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Life Wasted, Better Man, Glorified G, Porch

:shocked2: lucky person

you took photos?

Well I didnt start out with just one album, cos my older sister had all the albums Pearl Jam had released at that point, I think the latest one at that time was Yield and I began borrowng them off her until I could afford to buy my own. But for new fans to start off with, Ten is probably the best one to get 1st and work your way forward like Jacob said, I've seen many non-pearl jam fans have this cd in their collection as its their most well known. And if you ever get the chance to see them live, take the oppurtunity, coz Pearl Jam live is out of this planet

yeah hi Im new too.

I was wondering why does Chris have fly by private jet to Palm Springs, 35 minutes from Las Vegas, on a Learjet 45. The Learjet 45 has a normal cruising speed of 846 kmph. Its fuel consumption at this speed is 579 litres/hour, which means it burns 0.68 litres of kerosene per kilometre(3).

The Airbus A321, a standard medium-haul commercial plane, travels at 853kmph and uses 3000 litres per hour, or 3.52 litres per kilometre(4). It seats around 189 people. Assuming that average occupancy is 70%, or 132, then every passenger is responsible for burning 0.027 litres per kilometre, or one 25th of Chris Martin’s consumption.

It’s probably fair to assume that he flies at least 100,000 miles (or ten return journeys averaging 10,000 miles each) in his private jet each year. If so - and even before taking the rest of his activities into account - he would be exceeding his fair share of carbon by 250 times. If we were to take the other climate changing effects of air travel into account, we would multiply this by 2.7 times.

Chris please think about all the harm you are doing to our skys and our world,

Thank you Conor Ryan a cold Coldplay fan

and stop driving big expensice BMW X5s These are one of the thirstiest 4×4s on the road. The US Environmental Protection Agency reveals that in cities they manage just 16 miles to the gallon.

you should be driving a new hybrid car whth little or no emisions you have the money to invest in :veryangry2:ne :veryangry2:f them.

Just a thought.

Peace

Conor Ryan

just got back from the concert and it was f***ing BRILLIANT!!! the crowd were fantastic this time round (back in 2003 i was disppointed with crowd participation) and Eddie was on fire!!!! LOVED the setlist' date=' here's what they played:[/color']

ALIVE:dance:

I was wondering why does Chris have fly by private jet to Palm Springs, 35 minutes from Las Vegas, on a Learjet 45. The Learjet 45 has a normal cruising speed of 846 kmph. Its fuel consumption at this speed is 579 litres/hour, which means it burns 0.68 litres of kerosene per kilometre(3).

The Airbus A321, a standard medium-haul commercial plane, travels at 853kmph and uses 3000 litres per hour, or 3.52 litres per kilometre(4). It seats around 189 people. Assuming that average occupancy is 70%, or 132, then every passenger is responsible for burning 0.027 litres per kilometre, or one 25th of Chris Martin’s consumption.

It’s probably fair to assume that he flies at least 100,000 miles (or ten return journeys averaging 10,000 miles each) in his private jet each year. If so - and even before taking the rest of his activities into account - he would be exceeding his fair share of carbon by 250 times. If we were to take the other climate changing effects of air travel into account, we would multiply this by 2.7 times.

Chris please think about all the harm you are doing to our skys and our world,

Thank you Conor Ryan a cold Coldplay fan

and stop driving big expensice BMW X5s These are one of the thirstiest 4×4s on the road. The US Environmental Protection Agency reveals that in cities they manage just 16 miles to the gallon.

you should be driving a new hybrid car whth little or no emisions you have the money to invest in one of them.

Just a thought.

Peace

Conor Ryan

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! :) Ten, then. ^_^

And if you ever get the chance to see them live' date=' take the oppurtunity, coz Pearl Jam live is out of this planet[/quote'] they were in the closest city to my home two months ago, but I haven't known their music back then. Not that I do now, but I guess that I can say that i know some more... :\

Random Eddie Vedder moment: When I was lining up for the U2 concert,some kind person lent me their newspaper to read, as it was very boring lol...anyway on front of the newspaper was a massive picture of Eddie and Bono (due to them performing together at the Make Poverty History concert in Melbourne, Nov 17). Granted he was with Bono in the photo, but I never thought I would see the day when Eddie Vedder would grace the front page of the newspaper I read every week...anyway just thought I'd share that, get Pearl Jam back on page 1..where they deserve to be

U2 join Pearl Jam on stage

I apologise if this has been posted before - but if it hasn't, you shouldn't miss it!

Last Friday (Nov 17), a fantastic Make Povery History Concert was held at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne and the gig included a unique performance of the Neil Young song 'Rockin' in a Free World' by rock legends Pearl Jam and U2 in front of 14,000 thrilled fans. During the song, Bono keeps singing "Politicians have to do what you tell them to do. We are gonna make poverty history."

The surprise concert was held in protest to the G20 Forum that was held at the same time. It was supposed to raise awareness of the Make Poverty History campaign and aims to kick off three days of organized protests in the area.

See the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWBYptAG68

Source: http://coldplay.co.funpic.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=244&Itemid=56