✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pearl Jam

busybeeburns

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

New PJ video, and it's actually pretty...gulp...fun. What the hell has gotten into these guys? I wish they would have done this a long time ago, but all the dire hard PJ freaks are going to say it's too pop. Whatever...

[ame=

]
[/ame]

^ Yeah, I like it, too. But, in my experience, Pearl Jam fans are matched only by Radiohead fans in terms of their snobbery. If you don't like a particular song, it is your fault and you just don't get it. Sometimes, the song flat out sucks, but the freaks always give them a pass.

I love most everything Pearl Jam has ever done but, of course, some things are better than others. I have always been surprised by the fact that, with the exception of the first three albums, Pearl Jam has clearly stayed away from the radio friendly sound. They can be so good at it when they want to be. Plus, with Eddie being such a big fan of the Who, I always thought they would write catchy songs that rock in a somewhat similar vein.

^ Yeah, that is a decent point. But I didn't think the self titled album was all that good. So, despite its radio friendliness, the songs were not all that memorable, IMO. But you make a very valid point, and it was one that was echoed by many critics.

I think the new song happens to be pretty damn good, though. It kind of reverts back to a post-Vitology feeling during the song's bridge. Not that it's bad, it's just a point in the song where it's not very catchy. The rest of the song, however, is catchy as hell.

^^

although i didnt see the band in the flesh on their last tour just going by video footage of the shows it seemed as though the songs from that album went well live on stage. i think the band has realised that they wont be making much money from selling records so they would be better off putting on the best show they possibly can and that i guess involves making music that resonates well in concert arenas.

from reports i've heard that PJ sold over 100 000 tickets to their aussie shows on the first day of sales. including 30 000 just in sydney

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a fan of PJ since 2001. My favourite album is actually Binaural, i'm the only person I know that can connect with it. I just can't go past Of The Girl. The Fixer sounds pretty cool, it's getting some decent radio play too, way more than any of the singles from the Self-Titled album.

I'm looking forward to hearing some of these new sounds that have been talked about by the band.