Immortality

Off He Goes

Present Tense

Comeback

Garden

Tremor Christ

Dissident

Indifference

Those are the best "softer" PJ songs. That is the reason why i think they are the only band in history to be able to make great hard rocking grunge music just as well as touching ballads.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do it chronologically. at least thats what i did. so next up is Vs. which is alot more concise and punk-ier than Ten. Daughter is very much out of place on that record and in all honesty one of the weaker songs on it. Its a truly a no bullshit record they ditched all the production values of Ten and went for a more "stripped down" sound.

then theres Vitalogy, my personal favourite which is a completely different story all together.

looking at your siggy made think about how similar radioheads first 4 records are to PJ's first 4. first there's the grunge influenced debut followed by an album which is almost anti-debut. the third is the most ambitious and in my opinion for both bands their best. then a complete change in direction for their fourth records.

Immortality

Off He Goes

Present Tense

Comeback

Garden

Tremor Christ

Dissident

Indifference

Those are the best "softer" PJ songs. That is the reason why i think they are the only band in history to be able to make great hard rocking grunge music just as well as touching ballads.

Thats very true, but you forgot Release:( I like that song very much:)

yeh both of those are great songs. even though RHCP are at the top of my list. PJ means alot more to me on an emotional level. why? all of us go through tough times and the thing or person that helps us get through that period always holds a special place in your heart. i will forvever be grateful to eddie and the boys for being that thing.

• 1 month later...

i guess thats kinda expected from a band who are obviously in their twilight years. i never imagined PJ would bring out "special editions" and "remastered albums" as thats usually seen as a very 'commercial' thing to do and PJ have always stood against that. but the reality is they can only tour like this for so long, they need some financial back up. personally the quality of this forthcoming album doesnt bother me, they've done enough to keep me loyal forever.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly Im not a 10c Member. I have to fight through the gates of Ticketmaster Pre-Sales to get my tickets. Worst off, Im working right when Tickets go on sale. I trust my brother though. Im hoping for another show to be added the night before. Two nights of Pearl Jam would complete my life. I get to see all my Top 4 bands this year, and likely the fifth sometime in early 2010!

Im praying for a Gorge length set list too! 32 songs is well worth my money, especially at $67 a pop! Its a great deal!

It just shows they are possibly going more radio friendly?

I listened to Pearl Jam through out high school. Such an important band for me. I do like the Fixer, and it reminds me that they can write mainstream radio songs if they want. Hell, several bands have made a career simply by smoothing out PJ's sound to make it more accessible.

And Eddie's voice is an absolute gem. I am not saying he is the greatest singer of all time, but no one makes me "feel" vocals like Eddie. So much emotion and passion in his signing.

Eddie is straight up in the top 3 for vocalists. I was so angry I missed his acoustic shows last year. His Into The Wild soundtrack blew my mind. He did an amazing job of catching the emotion of the film and making a great album for it.

I can not wait to see these guys live.

They are also an important band for me. Listen to Alive you feel Eddies pain in that song. Ive felt that before, not the same as him but the pain he potrays with his songs.

The Fixer is great, I dont hate it at all. I do like it, its just not the Pearl Jam I love, hopefully the album produces some real gems! I do agree a lot of bands are playing PJ music now...Kings of Leon....