✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pearl Jam

busybeeburns

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom worships the ground Eddie Vedder walks on' date=' so I was taught at a very young age to do the same. We have all of the albums, and some we have more than one copy of. Like Ten. We have Ten on vinyl, cassette, and CD. Because we're scary like that.[/quote']

your mom is cool 8)

I saw them in concert this summer. They are great live. Very great band. They played a great Chicago show since eddie is originally from this area. The crowd was great! Really into it!

I like all their old stuff. I haven't listened to them in a while. All throughout college they were really popular. I only have Ten, Go, and the album after that. My brother was a big fan and had bootlegs before on tape.

Guitarist is great!! Checkout their website if you haven't already. They post like mad their.

• 2 months later...
Guest LiquidSky
Anyone like them? I think they're god damn ace if you ask me' date=' and I only started listening to them last year :D[/quote']

Ian, my brother made me listen to them everytime he came home for xmas..... :D

Pearl Jam is my first true musical love.

You know how you have crushes in elementary school and then some time in high school you have your first love? As time goes by the love seems trite and trivial, but it's still your first love. That's Pearl Jam to me. That's the first band I was ever gung-ho, all out for. That's the first band I ever saw more than once on the same tour. That's the first band for whom I ever started collectioning singles, bootlegs, etc.

To this date it's the only band for whom I've done this. And there probably won't be another. I've never thought as much about a girl as I did that first love, but that doesn't mean it was healthy :-)

I still listen to PJ a ton, though.

Guest LiquidSky
I like some of their songs like "Jeremy's sponken" and "Live" but I don't own any of their albums :shrug:

Hey! I remember that video... I think I was like 6 or 7 maybe or maybe I was 5 yrs old... don't really remember, but I remember pieces of the video... at the end he kills all his classmates, lol, right? or am I not remembering right...

• 2 months later...

I just bought the double album Lost Dogs, which is 30 b-sides, and this band it amazing. I had heard of them before, and heard one of their songs, and so yesterday, I was out, and I saw this cd, and I bought it not knowing what to expect, but man, these B-sides and rarities are 1st rate.

My faovrites are........Yello Ledbetter, Footsteps, and Hard To Imagine.

I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan. One summer I toko vacation from work and toured with them for nine straight shows. I love the band and think they are incredibly underrated int he grand scheme of things.

I can understand somebody saying they prefer Creed, but as a Pearl Jam fan it kind of hurts me. I listen to Creed and hear dumb downed Pearl Jam: Pearl Jam's music emulated in tone and style without the sustance, the goal being money. I see and band that doesn't seem to be professional musicians but professional entertainers. There's nothing wrong with that, nor is there anything wrong with making "dumbed down" music.

It just hurts my feelings, I guess. I realize I may have been rude here but I'm sorry. Yeah, I should delete the above, but I won't and just beg your forgiveness for being a jerk.

Everyone has a right to listen to what they like and when I listen to Creed, and hear hardcore music, with some good lyrics, inspite of Scott Stapp sounding like Eddie Vedder. I really don't care considering I'm not a PJ fan. I think pretty much the same thing about PJ that most people think about Creed, I think there dull, but that's justmy opinion.

Vitalogy is awesome, Jacob! Good to see another Pearl Jam fan (go figure, in a Pearl Jam thread?!?!?).

The more I listen to Riot Act the more I love it. And their new DVD?!?! It's great! Better than Coldplay's, IMO. "Love Boat Captain" is SUCH a great song.

OK, I'm going emo :P