✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pearl Jam

busybeeburns

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/music/how-vedder-survived-pearl-jams-success/2009/09/16/1252780350966.html

good article and interview with the band. i cant believe the chili peppers used to call Eddie "Crazy Eddie" haha thats saying something. the only downside to the article is when he questions them about the roskilde incident. a very tacky thing to do.

Last night was fucking amazing! Best concert, just behind Coldplay.

Set List: In My Tree, Save You, The Fixer, Severed Hand, Johnny Guitar, Given To Fly, MFC, Even Flow, Amongst The Waves, Sad, Unthought Known, Light Years, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Grievance, No Way, Got Some, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: I Got Shit, Love, Reign O'er Me, Breath, State Of Love And Trust, Alive

2nd encore: Last Kiss, Indifference w/ Ben Harper, Wasted Reprise, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Yellow Ledbetter

And oh man what a concert it was! Im a semi-Pearl Jam fan. Not a super hardcore fan like I am for Coldplay or U2. Enough to recognize 12 of the 28 songs, but still rock out toall of them.

My girlfriend was used to the pansy ass 21/19 song sets from Coldplay and Kings of Leon. Pearl Jam delivered. It was by far an amazing experience.

I was a little tired and sat between encores and some songs, but I love it all!

^^

why is it that every article i've read about eddie and pearl jam there has been some focus on how eddie is still 'alive' and kurt is dead. just going by the footage of the two frontman from that early 90s period they seemed like two totally different personalities. i dunno i just dont really like the constant comparisons.

^^

why is it that every article i've read about eddie and pearl jam there has been some focus on how eddie is still 'alive' and kurt is dead. just going by the footage of the two frontman from that early 90s period they seemed like two totally different personalities. i dunno i just dont really like the constant comparisons.

it's because they were the frontmen of the two biggest bands of the 90s (save Radiohead), and the faces of Grunge rock. There will be comparisons even if there are no other similarities besides those just mentioned.

I kind of wanted the opener to be Why Go followed by Corduroy. But go everything else I wanted to see, save for Daughter. I got Alive, Even Flow, and the most important Betterman.

Overall though I was happy with the show. Also Rockin In The Free World or Baba O'Riley could have been an okay addition. They did say "See you next year" though!

As per the 4 Philly shows, get to at least two. They will likely play around 80 different songs over the 4 days.

I kind of wanted the opener to be Why Go followed by Corduroy. But go everything else I wanted to see, save for Daughter. I got Alive, Even Flow, and the most important Betterman.

Overall though I was happy with the show. Also Rockin In The Free World or Baba O'Riley could have been an okay addition. They did say "See you next year" though!

As per the 4 Philly shows, get to at least two. They will likely play around 80 different songs over the 4 days.

That's the crazy thing about PJ. Their setlists are drastically different every night. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to be able to play so many different songs. It makes those bands that go with a set 20-25 songs per tour seem like a bunch of chumps.

Yeah that´s true about Pearl Jam and one more reason why i love them, i have few bootlegs and they are all diferent :)

Last time they went to Portugal (2006) they played 2 nights, i went to 1st night thinking they would not change the setlist...but i felt disappointed when i read the reviews and saw how dif they were ..in the 2nd night they played more songs that i like than the 1st night lol too bad for me