✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pearl Jam

busybeeburns

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would'nt want a stadium, I just want Arena, I think it'd be too much hassle for me.

i would love to see them do both. arena for the relative intimacy but stadium because the idea of 50 000 people chanting along to the Alive solo or singing Better Man gives me goosebumps.

true. but nirvana was and always will be better.

yeah I agree completely with you !! :cheesy:

nirvana = dead

pearl jam = ALIVE

29-09-2009 10:38 PM

:shocked2: NO !

According to me : Nirvana's songs are still ALIVE forever !!!!! and Pearl Jam songs are dead since few last albums, they're JUST good or most of them sucks (They were better at the beginning) ...so now they're DEAD for me ;) sorry Pearl Jam's fans... so yeah nobodyseditwaseasy "nirvana was and always will be better."

^^

that makes no sense whatsoever. feel free to vouch for nirvana but you could at least make valid arguements. all pearl jam fans would admit that their best stuff was on their first 4 albums after that they didnt care much for massive success. nirvana started with a half decent album then made an amazing album then finished off with another half decent album. put it this way, if nirvana (kurt cobain) hadnt written nevermind, they would still only have 500 fans like they did in 1989. whereas in the early 90s pearl jam proved time and time again that they are able to make a wide variety of music aside from grunge.

like bjaiken argued a few months ago (well someone did), nirvana owes much (not all) of their longterm success and immortalisation to the suicide of kurt.

^^

that makes no sense whatsoever. feel free to vouch for nirvana but you could at least make valid arguements. all pearl jam fans would admit that their best stuff was on their first 4 albums after that they didnt care much for massive success. nirvana started with a half decent album then made an amazing album then finished off with another half decent album. put it this way, if nirvana (kurt cobain) hadnt written nevermind, they would still only have 500 fans like they did in 1989. whereas in the early 90s pearl jam proved time and time again that they are able to make a wide variety of music aside from grunge.

like bjaiken argued a few months ago (well someone did), nirvana owes much (not all) of their longterm success and immortalisation to the suicide of kurt.

no way in hell in utero is a half decent album...its nirvana's best, not most popular, but best...and he did write nevermind so that is a dumb argument.

hey! this is a pearl jam thread. if you guys want to keep coming on here and saying that nirvana is better then naturally we are going to stand up for a band we love very much.

and if you think you're being smart by posting in a different language, you're not. it takes 2 seconds to translate what you're saying.

They closed the ACL Sunday.

Setlist:

Why Go?

Corduroy

Got Some

Not For You (plus a verse from “Modern Girl” by Sleater Kinney)

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

Given To Fly

World Wide Suicide

Evenflow

Unthought Known

Daughter (with transition into first verse of W.M.A.)

Hail Hail

Insignificance

Present Tense

State Of Love And Trust

The Fixer

Go

(encore)

Red Mosquito (feat. Ben Harper)

Do The Evolution

The Real Me (cover - The Who)

Alive

(encore 2)

Mountain Song (cover - Jane’s Addiction with Perry Farrell on vocals)

Rockin’ In The Free World (cover - Neil Young)

hey! this is a pearl jam thread. if you guys want to keep coming on here and saying that nirvana is better then naturally we are going to stand up for a band we love very much.

and if you think you're being smart by posting in a different language, you're not. it takes 2 seconds to translate what you're saying.[/quote

I wanted to talk about Pearl Jam, i wrote: Hey!! I was in Pearl Jam last concert!!!

But nobody answer me :confused: Did you go?

it is, Pearl Jam grew out of the grunge phase, and personally, it wouldn't have survived if Nirvana was still doing the same thing alongside Pearl Jam.

But they released Ten, in that era, it seemed to do pretty well.

And Bleach is probably my favorable Nirvana album, something about it, its really good!!

and if you think you're being smart by posting in a different language, you're not. it takes 2 seconds to translate what you're saying.[/quote

I wanted to talk about Pearl Jam, i wrote: Hey!! I was in Pearl Jam last concert!!!

But nobody answer me :confused: Did you go?

How was it:)?