✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Word Of Music's non-fangirl opinion of "Christmas Lights"

tauiwi

talk to yourself:

Given the choice, I'd rather do that than talk to you, any day.:rolleyes:

It's not getting worse I feel. It hit a lull with X&Y (I love personally but musically it's not up to scratch) but I thought VLV was fantastic if a bit overproduced at times. Although it didn't have the longevity which AROBTTH still has.

However, I was listening to X&Y on the way to London the other week, and it definitely has its memorable moments.:cool:

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are over producing stuff, trying too hard to make a perfect album and getting lost in that process. That's why they are getting worst. They could go back to the basics and make nice simple songs as they used to.

see what I did there? I posted reasons so I don't sound like a pathetic blind fan.

No, you just sound very bitter and stuck in the past. It's a bit like suggesting The Beatles should never have recorded Sergeant Pepper and stuck to making songs like "Love Me Do" and Please Please Me".:dozey:

Guest howyousawtheworld
Given the choice, I'd rather do that than talk to you, any day.:rolleyes:

However, I was listening to X&Y on the way to London the other week, and it definitely has its memorable moments.:cool:

Yeah it does have it's moments. It seems pretty rapidly produced but the songs are just fine. It's better than Parachutes.

It's not getting worse I feel. It hit a lull with X&Y (I love personally but musically it's not up to scratch) but I thought VLV was fantastic if a bit overproduced at times. Although it didn't have the longevity which AROBTTH still has. I listen to that album thinking it's brand new. It's instantly refreshing.

I absolutely loved viva at first but after some time it gets boring, I skip most of the songs. I agree with the AROBTTH comment because I think that album is amazing but considering that for me the order would be Parachutes > AROBTTH > X&Y (it has some great songs such as Swallowed In The Sea and White Shadows > VLV they are getting worse

No, you just sound very bitter and stuck in the past. It's a bit like suggesting The Beatles should never have recorded Sergeant Pepper and stuck to making songs like "Love Me Do" and Please Please Me".:dozey:

Stuck in the past? :lol: it's not my fault they are not getting better, I gave my reasons. On the other hand you're just trolling and contradicting me because you probably don't have anything else to do on a saturday night which is lame.

Anyway, Sgt. Pepper is overrated. They have way better albums (Revolver, Rubber Soul, etc).

And if you don't have interest in talking to me stop quoting my posts.

On the other hand you're just trolling and contradicting me because you probably don't have anything else to do on a saturday night which is lame.

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

They don't, but it's expected if you are prompted to give opinions so that you can show that you know what you are talking about.

By you, perhaps.:dozey:

Guest howyousawtheworld
Stuck in the past? :lol: it's not my fault they are not getting better, I gave my reasons. On the other hand you're just trolling and contradicting me because you probably don't have anything else to do on a saturday night which is lame.

Anyway, Sgt. Pepper is overrated. They have way better albums (Revolver, Rubber Soul, etc).

And if you don't have interest in talking to me stop quoting my posts.

Sgt Pepper is not overrated! :P

It's better than Revolver in my opinion, but Rubber Soul is better than Revolver!

But I understand that. I prefer The Unforgettable Fire to The Joshua Tree so it's all cool. Although there are more who prefer Revolver to Sgt Pepper than TUF to Joshua Tree!

Sgt Pepper is not overrated! :P

It's better than Revolver in my opinion, but Rubber Soul is better than Revolver!

But I understand that. I prefer The Unforgettable Fire to The Joshua Tree so it's all cool. Although there are more who prefer Revolver to Sgt Pepper than TUF to Joshua Tree!

I think Sgt pepper as a whole is great but the separated tracks are not as good (except for a few songs)

Rubber Soul :heart: my first beatles album, is so great! so many great things, Norwegian Wood is one of my favorite Beatles songs

I'm not that into U2's old stuff so I can't say anything about Unforgettable Fire :uhoh:

I love Sgt. Pepper! :cheesy: Although I only have Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour, so I really don't have extensive Beatles knowledge. :lips:

Magical Mystery Tour is so good :cheesy: but the movie sucks

The Fool On The Hill, Strawberry Fields, I Am The Walrus, Penny Lane... it's perfect *fangirl*

Sgt. Pepper is the only Beatles album I've ever actually listened to :uhoh:

really? :o

By you, perhaps.:dozey:

By me and people who rely on reason and logic. It's so sad to see you write "pages and pages of rhetoric" as if being able to express your opinion is a negative thing. If everyone on here was like you we'd all simply be going "I think Coldplay are good and thats my opinion!" or "I think Coldplay are bad and that's my opinion!".

Magical Mystery Tour is so good :cheesy: but the movie sucks

The Fool On The Hill, Strawberry Fields, I Am The Walrus, Penny Lane... it's perfect *fangirl*

Yeah! :awesome:

I actually also have a "Beatles 1" album, I guess it's like a compilation of a lot of their earlier material. (Let It Be, Yesterday, Eleanor Rigby, etc.) :P