✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Word Of Music's non-fangirl opinion of "Christmas Lights"

tauiwi

Omg. For anyone willing to read my post, carefully written, please read it carefully ¬¬

Ok, number ONE:

IF the person who created this thread (don't remember who is it and too lazy to go check) decided to go for such an "insulting, bashful" (not in my opinion) name for it, it's because he/she wanted opinions on a song that might not have been exciting for him/her and prevent it from having a thread filled with "OMG THEY'RE SO CUTE" and random posts and actually having a good discussion of what they think of the song. Hardly a bad thing. Stop whining so much about this stuff.

2) The Radiohead comment was 100% unrelated since no one compared both bands. I suggest that if you wanna insult us non-Coldplay fans, don't do it since we won't care and the Radiohead insult is fairly odd. I must admit that sometimes Yorke scares me.

3) For Rudy and Lore: I seriously don't understand why you bother asking why? It will never change.

4) For Mark: Ok... as carefully written as possible cos you'd "try to see any holes" like you said in your CL physical copy thread. I don't care if you dislike 80% of the WoM posters, if you dislike me in particular or how you always say "the usuals" as if somehow you were trying to point it out to Ian or make everyone else have a bad opinion on, for instance, Lore or me.

You have to respect that there is such thread, cos we were not making fun of fangirls (if you took the time to read the first posts), we started it cos FANGIRLS came here to bash the thread saying "Yeah CHILL, they're perfect, can't you just listen to the good music?"

I mean, isn't that provocative as well? You only focus on US making negative comments but fangirls did start this, so tell me, for one time, would you agree that we didn't say anything bad until they started to post in this thread?

5) For anyone else? : Why get so offended at the word fangirl? Seriously, I don't get offended everytime howyousawtheworld says Thom Yorke is a *insertinsult+adjective* fuck.

Is it better if we call you something disgraceful like "Obsessive Coldplay fans who only want to have sex with the guys or that's what they seem to want + they act like crazy when CP is mentioned?"

That's how you look like, AND NO OFFENSE TO YOU, really, this post, believe it or not, isn't meant to insult anyone or cause any trouble :/ I just don't think it's fair that us former CP fans, not fans anymore, can't voice our opinion.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit that sometimes Yorke scares me.

His voice sure scares me.:P

we started it cos FANGIRLS came here to bash the thread saying "Yeah CHILL, they're perfect, can't you just listen to the good music?"

Can anyone really be surprised, on a forum dedicated to Coldplay?:confused:

would you agree that we didn't say anything bad until they started to post in this thread?

But why should they be forbidden from posting in the thread? I just don't get it.:confused:

5) Why get so offended at the word fangirl?

I don't think anyone is actually offended by the word itself, just when it is used in a condescending manner, as if their opinions are worthless.;)

But why should they be forbidden from posting in the thread? I just don't get it.:confused:

I didn't say they can't, I just don't understand why you complain if they started making the negative comments towards us when none of us made fun of fangirls.

Just see anacaren's posts, if she hadn't called us stuff, Reilly would have never said anything.

What is the point of accusing anyone of saying fangirls should be forbidden to post here? Other then just to get attention? It's not like we're going to petition for fangirls to be banned from this thread.

We're just saying that generally fangirls are ****s, biased little idiots with typically unreasonable opinions and only capable of putting these stupid thoughts accross in a hostile manner, and if they are going to post in threads like this then eventually they will cause friction (Such as that girl who came in like "UGH you are so picky").

That's being unfair. Considering Bono and Noel Gallagher said Chris Martin was one of the best songwriters in a generation says to me there is a lot of talent on show with Coldplay's music. Plus unlike the artists you put alongside CP they actually write their own music. Just because you don't think much of them doesn't mean they are not talented. Coldplay aren't perfect but they are more than worthy.

99% of all people I listen to write thier own music, in terms of musical ability thier Guitar and Bass player arn't very talented, even alot of Coldplay fans concede Buckland isn't a particularly good guitarist, and I don't think any of thier songs are particularly good this is mine and many others opinions, I'm entitled to them just as you are entiled to yours.

Guest howyousawtheworld
99% of all people I listen to write thier own music, in terms of musical ability thier Guitar and Bass player arn't very talented, even alot of Coldplay fans concede Buckland isn't a particularly good guitarist, and I don't think any of thier songs are particularly good this is mine and many others opinions, I'm entitled to them just as you are entiled to yours.

Coldplay have never utilised Buckland to his full ability and that's the issue. I mean I guess you've been present in the Coldplay studio for the last 12 years to be so judgemental on Buckland and Berryman.

Just because some guitarists aren't attention seeking pricks but would rather be side men doesn't mean to say they are crap. I feel that's such a narrow minded view. Buckland would rather create anthemic chilling chimes on his guitar than rape it to pieces like Jimmy Page. Doesn't make him crap. If you only buy a guitar to rape the fuck out of it then you're missing the point.

Just wondering - how much Coldplay have you listened to?

Guest howyousawtheworld
why you can't accept coldplay criticism? :s

I love them, they are part of my top 4 favorite bands ever but their musical talent is not really the best thing about them, they could be way better.

I do accept criticism. But I use constructive criticism. Like you I feel Coldplay could be twice as good as they are right now and are capable of far better. I do feel Jonny and Guy are horribly underused and that the production of the last two albums has been overly excessive. I criticise them because I care about them getting even better. I don't criticise them merely because I don't like them and probably haven't listen to anything beyond Speed of Sound, Fix You and Viva La Vida etc.

Being a Coldplay fan I'm not going to accept criticism I don't agree with and just because I don't agree with that critique doesn't say I don't accept others. That's just plain ridiculous.

Just because some guitarists aren't attention seeking pricks but would rather be side men doesn't mean to say they are crap. I feel that's such a narrow minded view. Buckland would rather create anthemic chilling chimes on his guitar than rape it to pieces like Jimmy Page. Doesn't make him crap. If you only buy a guitar to rape the fuck out of it then you're missing the point.

Well said. Many people will tell you Hendrix was the best guitarist of all time, but if you don't like the playing style, or the output, it doesn't mean jack.;)

Coldplay have never utilised Buckland to his full ability and that's the issue. I mean I guess you've been present in the Coldplay studio for the last 12 years to be so judgemental on Buckland and Berryman.

Just wondering - how much Coldplay have you listened to?

I agree with you!

I do accept criticism. But I use constructive criticism. Like you I feel Coldplay could be twice as good as they are right now and are capable of far better. I do feel Jonny and Guy are horribly underused and that the production of the last two albums has been overly excessive. I criticise them because I care about them getting even better. I don't criticise them merely because I don't like them and probably haven't listen to anything beyond Speed of Sound, Fix You and Viva La Vida etc.

Being a Coldplay fan I'm not going to accept criticism I don't agree with and just because I don't agree with that critique doesn't say I don't accept others. That's just plain ridiculous.

Saying that they are horribly underused it's like underrate them because it's not like Chris or someone else decides exactly what they will play and in which way.

I think they have the power to contribute to the music creative process so if they keep only playing simple parts in almost all the songs after more than 10 years of being a band, it's probably because they're not as talented as you think.

I know it's pointless to compare but The Beatles career lasted less than 10 years and you can see a big musical change between the first and the last album but in coldplay's case almost everyone think the first 2 albums are better, that says a lot about them. (In my opinion Parachutes is the best Coldplay album)

still blind.

Their sound is getting worst, that's not a development.

That's merely your opinion, not fact.:rolleyes:

There are many people who will disagree.

That's all Mark posts when he's giving an opinion, "Bla bla bla bla it's great for many reasons" and that's the most insight that you'll get.

Opinions don't have to be accompanied by pages and pages of rhetoric.:dozey:

talk to yourself:

and nobody can say their "sound" hasn't developed over the years

That's merely your opinion, not fact.

They are over producing stuff, trying too hard to make a perfect album and getting lost in that process. That's why they are getting worst. They could go back to the basics and make nice simple songs as they used to.

see what I did there? I posted reasons so I don't sound like a pathetic blind fan.

Guest howyousawtheworld
still blind.

Their sound is getting worst, that's not a development.

It's not getting worse I feel. It hit a lull with X&Y (I love personally but musically it's not up to scratch) but I thought VLV was fantastic if a bit overproduced at times. Although it didn't have the longevity which AROBTTH still has. I listen to that album thinking it's brand new. It's instantly refreshing.