✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Misses better than the hits

JackZ

haha fine i suppose i wont kill the Fix You haters, thats the song that i heard first and got me into Coldplay and ive never stopped loving it more than the rest...i also like yellow more than shiver but theyre very close, theyre also very similar if u look at theyre format but seperately amazing in different ways....how about

see you soon > the hardest part

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clocks is an all time classic but in many way Amsterdam is the best off that record.

This.

In terms of Coldplay singles that made it huge, Clocks is still one of my favorites. Yet it's still outclassed by a few songs on its album, and Amsterdam is the biggest shining example.

Does anyone think that some of the backlash against certain hits has only to do with the fact that they were overplayed on the radio?

I think it's a TRULY incredible song (in the mind of the listener) that can stand up to being overplayed on the radio. It's got to be a song you really love.

As I'm a real fan of Coldplay (like us all), it's almost pointless to mention all the songs I think are just as good if not better than hits - this vs someone who might only know them from the radio.

I wonder to myself if I'd like certain "hits", like Clocks, more if I hadn't heard them so often. I certainly feel Viva la Vida has suffered (if only slightly) in my appreciation of it because I loved (and listened to) it so much the first six months after it's release.

i see your point, but i only became a HUGEEE Coldplay fan about a year ago so i never had really heard many of these songs before, even clocks...............but i do think that i have overplayed several songs, but theyre usually not the hits anyway so it doesnt matter,

what i wanted to establish with this thread was the fact that while Coldplay is viewed as one of (if not the best as we think they are) bands in the world by people who have only listened to the hits....so naming all the songs that are better just proves how great the band really is

if only all these songs got played on the radio, there would be about seven billion members on this website

btw i think coldplay is way underplayed on the radio, even the hits

All the rest of Parachutes > Yellow

And I must protest about the first post saying LiJ is better than Clocks. I'm not a humongous Clocks fan or anything, but LiJ is one of my least favorites of theirs ever.

There are better songs on Parachutes, but Yellow isn't the worst. And Lovers in Japan is freaking amazing (might just be because I lived there though. It brings back memories. :) )

this thread = i disagree

It's not that I hate the songs that Coldplay released as singles. I mean, I love every song they've ever made, but some of the stuff that the general public never hears is better. I don't despise Violet Hill or Clocks because it gets air time; I love hearing those songs in public and I feel like a proud mother when they play on the radio. I just feel that some of the other songs are better, either because I have a stronger connection to them or that the lyrics are better or that the music itself is better.

Everyone has to remember that these are just opinions basically to find out what other people's favorite Coldplay songs are.

i also dissagree with a lot of these because i think viva and yellow are seen as the best songs on their albums because they actually are, i just love everything about them...

LiJ is also amazing and i guess VH is overrated but its still incredible

Can't think of a song on Parachutes that is worse than Yellow.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????

I'm not even a massive fan of Yellow, but I think Parachutes (despite some of the adulation around it on this forum) definitely has a few songs that aren't particularly brilliant. Even boring...dare I say it here...:curtain:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????

I'm not even a massive fan of Yellow, but I think Parachutes (despite some of the adulation around it on this forum) definitely has a few songs that aren't particularly brilliant. Even boring...dare I say it here...:curtain:

ya, above average songs on parachutes include YELLOW!!!!!, shiver, sparks, trouble, dont panic, and the unfortunately short parachutes....high speed, we never change, and spies werent that great although still good

Lol, I used to be like you guys.

Then I realized.

And, the only one I disagree about with your "above average" list is Yellow.

Don't think you've given enough time to High Speed, We Never Change or Spies. Like I said, I used to be like you.

Yellow is the only song on that album that is overrated and below average.

Lol, I used to be like you guys.

Then I realized.

And, the only one I disagree about with your "above average" list is Yellow.

Don't think you've given enough time to High Speed, We Never Change or Spies. Like I said, I used to be like you.

Yellow is the only song on that album that is overrated and below average.

I was a latecomer to We Never Change, Sparks and High Speed but boy are they good.