✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Which music magazines do you read?

Christa42

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct me if im wrong but lady gaga has a lot of respect amongst music lovers in america. by music lover i dont mean people who just listen to the radio on the way to work or something. i mean the type of people you find on here who listen to a fair amount of albums every year from a few different genres. it puzzles me a little but i guess thats just the way it is.

She has a lot of respect among poop music lovers

which is very different from being respected by people in general straight across the board.

I'm not saying that there are no exceptions... but the way I see it

Rolling Stone is a perfect example of her preposterous over exposure and a good example of how, as Final Rack said, Rolling Stone is loosing relevance ...IMO.

I'm not trying to make this into a debate about Gag-a

It's just something I find extraordinarily irritating about Rolling Stone and one of many reasons I have such contempt for that particular popstar.

If you walk around the halls of school[/color] singing Bad Romance, everyone joins in with you. :heart:

Well they ARE Americans...

I see what you did thur :mellow:

Ly, I used to read them too, though I'm not really an avid one. Local magazines tend to rephrase every single sentence of an interview, so the reports are not as authentic as I'd like them to be. Those are the three exceptions.

As for the imported magazines, I usually just read everything from their websites as imported magazines are expensive here.

Edit: When I studied in Australia I usually picked up a few of the free magazines available in my uni. That was pretty awesome.

Ly, I used to read them too, though I'm not really an avid one. Local magazines tend to rephrase every single sentence of an interview, so the reports are not as authentic as I'd like them to be. Those are the three exceptions.

As for the imported magazines, I usually just read everything from their websites as imported magazines are expensive here.

Edit: When I studied in Australia I usually picked up a few of the free magazines available in my uni. That was pretty awesome.

Yeah, sometimes the articles can mostly be found off the internet, but it's better than Galaxie or Hot. :lol: In fact, despite how I feel ROTTW promotes more on grunge music, it's surprisingly good.

I buy the imported ones for a cheaper price, but it's outdated. xD

Yeah, sometimes the articles can mostly be found off the internet, but it's better than Galaxie or Hot. :lol: In fact, despite how I feel ROTTW promotes more on grunge music, it's surprisingly good.

I buy the imported ones for a cheaper price, but it's outdated. xD

Yeah ROTTW is good. I used to buy them every month.

lol, outdated is still quite good. If you're living around KL, there's a cheap bookstore in Amcorp Mall that I like to go to get those apart from the cheap books.

I don't read music magazines because here music magazines just write about boring music or pop music most of the time so all the music news I read are from websites. Sometimes I read stuff Rolling Stone, NME and Pitchfork's websites

Yeah ROTTW is good. I used to buy them every month.

lol, outdated is still quite good. If you're living around KL, there's a cheap bookstore in Amcorp Mall that I like to go to get those apart from the cheap books.

Oh yeahhh! Plus, the music CD store at Amcorp is pretty good.

There's one of those magazine shops in Summit USJ too. :wacko:

Other times, I just flip through the imported magazines at book stores and get really tempted to buy them. :wacky:

i read BLITZ ( portuguese music magazine) i like it, its been years since i read, they were a newspaper before and recently 2 /3 years became a magazine.

I also like to read Q or NME, sometimes like to check LOUD, just see whats new on metal scene :) ( also portuguese magazine, dedicated to metal )

• 1 month later...

i used to buy/read guitar magazines as:

-total guitar

-guitarist

-chords

(in spanish version)

those contain guides and exercises to play the instrument aswell as interviews, album review , news and so, but use to be focused more on rock styles than other more popular or alternative as folk.

probably that's why i got curious about some of those rock genres a year ago.

for alternative music i use to follow the sites:

mondosonoro

muzikalia

jenesaispop

are in spanish and bring up good alternative bands.

in english i followed: nme, pitchfork or ultimate-guitar.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Q is the best music magazine out there. The likes of NME and Pitchfork are just very immature. Uncut aren't bad.