✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Buckland Religion~Official Thread

BlissfullyMuse

For me, that's the best part of it! I've had that inclination all my life, and even though I get a bit nervous, it's worth it. Of course, I'm not playing to thousands like Coldplay do. That might be slightly mire unnerving,lol.

29m2a14.jpg

I used to work for a mid sized venue (around 1500 capacity). A lot of bands we worked with said it was actually more nerve wracking to play a smaller venue than a huge outdoor festival or something, because they could actually see the crowd in our venue, whereas in other situations it became something of a faceless mass.

That makes sense to me. It's easier for me to play for hundreds than just a few people. (Though a few is usually all I do get to play for,lol..)

20100306spn131.jpg

I really like the MX designs, but this was still the coolest guitar disign ever.:)

I miss the plain unpainted guitars myself. Guitars are beautiful enough on their own. :D

I wouldn't completely paint one of mine like this, but I do like little ornaments. My old Yamaha had a small Celtic cross on the pick guard. Subtle touches are nice. But yes, guitars are beautiful just the way they are.

What makes it worse, is that some of Coldplay's painted instruments are vintage!:o

(JB's black MX tele is a vintage 70's one and I think some of his strats are too, because you can see the laquer(sp) coming off the neck of some of them.) Moding a vintage guitar can get you beaten up in some circles.:laugh3:

True, it can! At least he only paints them, or has them painted. A friend of mine here has 'Frankensteined' some beautiful instruments then never completed most of his 'repair' projects. Utterly heartbreaking! Something tells me JB has more sense than that.:D

True, it can! At least he only paints them, or has them painted. A friend of mine here has 'Frankensteined' some beautiful instruments then never completed most of his 'repair' projects. Utterly heartbreaking! Something tells me JB has more sense than that.:D

Actually I'm personally pretty much on the side of doing what you have to to actually make your instrument a working one that holds tune and whatnot., a lot of vintage pieces are actually a pain if you want to use them as day to day musical instruments.

Actually I'm personally pretty much on the side of doing what you have to to actually make your instrument a working one that holds tune and whatnot., a lot of vintage pieces are actually a pain if you want to use them as day to day musical instruments.

Oh, no no no...this idiot took perfectly good guitars and 'modded' them. He didn't really 'mod' them though. Just started projects and left beautiful instruments in pieces in his wake. Nothing wrong with refurbishing something to make it playable.

This is also how he handled his friendships and relationships,lol.

Wow a sensible discussion.. In a Coldplay thread. Wow Tracie you were right! :D

Thanks.. it's nice. :D

I won't ruin it now.. but I will say that BIG photo is being utilised as future wallpaper, you can be sure!! :D

It's been known to happy. The musician usually outweighs the fangirl,lol.

I found this on tumblr..all credits goes to the publisher:)

Jonny Buckland

• Beautiful eyes that you could get lost in? *check*
  • Great personality? *check*
  • Great sense of humor? *check*
  • Beautiful smile? *check*
  • Shy? *check*
  • Perfect? *check*
  • Sexy? *check*
  • Talented? *check*

Is there anything this perfect man hasn’t got?

tumblr_m285x07lXR1r4wu24.gif

tumblr_m285z7C5pN1r4wu24.gif

tumblr_m285znkLzJ1r4wu24.gif

tumblr_m2860jrW5B1r4wu24.giftumblr_m28613ykNY1r4wu24.gif

tumblr_m28630OETL1r4wu24.gif

LINK:

http://para-para-parachutes.tumblr.com/post/20789468271

I found this on tumblr..all credits goes to the publisher:)

Jonny Buckland

• Beautiful eyes that you could get lost in? *check*
  • Great personality? *check*
  • Great sense of humor? *check*
  • Beautiful smile? *check*
  • Shy? *check*
  • Perfect? *check*
  • Sexy? *check*
  • Talented? *check*

Is there anything this perfect man hasn’t got?

tumblr_m285x07lXR1r4wu24.gif

tumblr_m285z7C5pN1r4wu24.gif

tumblr_m285znkLzJ1r4wu24.gif

tumblr_m2860jrW5B1r4wu24.giftumblr_m28613ykNY1r4wu24.gif

tumblr_m28630OETL1r4wu24.gif

LINK:

http://para-para-parachutes.tumblr.com/post/20789468271

Awwwww, n ice!:D

The only thing I can think of that he hasn't got is the ability to play badly,lol. (We won't discuss that little boo boo on 'Daylight' last year,lol.)

LOL.. this is all true.. and he's even got Chris.. :escaping:

Awwwww, n ice!:D

The only thing I can think of that he hasn't got is the ability to play badly,lol. (We won't discuss that little boo boo on 'Daylight' last year,lol.)

To be fair, he did break a string on that one.

To be fair, he did break a string on that one.

Exactly! And unlike Chris, who jokes and overblows his mistakes (part of his charm, mind you), Jonny really doesn't enjoy his.:lol:

I was at a show, can't remember when, but it was in Toronto, where he broke two strings (one string on two different guitars) during Yellow. He looked as mad as he's ever looked,lol. Poor Matt must have been shitting bricks! All part of the game though. :)

Exactly! And unlike Chris, who jokes and overblows his mistakes (part of his charm, mind you), Jonny really doesn't enjoy his.:lol:

I was at a show, can't remember when, but it was in Toronto, where he broke two strings (one string on two different guitars) during Yellow. He looked as mad as he's ever looked,lol. Poor Matt must have been shitting bricks! All part of the game though. :)

He seems to have a lot of string breaking/tuning issues. I personally think it's because he doesn't have his strings changed every night (unlike most pros on that level), especially now that he's using Strats as the tremolo system puts more tension on the strings.

He seems to have a lot of string breaking/tuning issues. I personally think it's because he doesn't have his strings changed every night (unlike most pros on that level), especially now that he's using Strats as the tremolo system puts more tension on the strings.

You're right. Only two of his primary guitars have total string changes. The rest have their strings cycled through so as not to make waste. (The Stringforests of the world are safe,lol.) Or is it only his primary guitar that's changed every night? That's VLV-era though. I don't know now, since Matt has yet to write an addendum,lol.;)

EDIT: Have you read Matt's book, btw? LOTS of info about Jonny's set-up, and so many funny/scary road stories! As a Coldplay fan, it's great. As a Jonny fan, it's AMAZING!:) So much insight into the real side of touring life.

And not a 'fangurl' read,lol. ;)

I've done quite a few interviews. Mostly with local tv and radio, and I'm with Row. It's terrifying. Especially if the interviewer asks the same question three different ways,lol. Coldplay get that all the time and must be sick of it! And Jonny in particular isn't used to doing one on one interviews...he's almosts always with Chris. So, yes, I can believe he really is that shy. That's one part of their job I don't envy in the slightest!

493912bf.gif

Agreed. And I can easily relate to Jonny being shy or quiet or whatnot-I'm like that, too. I've never been interviewed on camera, but I know it'd be really awkward having a camera and microphone in my face and asking me my opinion on things. I'm not a very talkative person, so I know I'd probably be stumbling over my words and not expressing myself very well.

That's why I love the interviews, be it with Coldplay or with anyone else I like, where the interviewer is willing to just let the discussion go wherever. Where they're not asking the same 10 questions over and over again, but can get onto discussions about topics that may not even have any relation to music (although I do love music discussion, too). They're more relaxed and open and willing to talk about things that genuinely interest them.

Oh, no no no...this idiot took perfectly good guitars and 'modded' them. He didn't really 'mod' them though. Just started projects and left beautiful instruments in pieces in his wake. Nothing wrong with refurbishing something to make it playable.

This is also how he handled his friendships and relationships,lol.

Ooh, that sucks. Not cool at all.

Talk of painting guitars and such, if the guitar looks cool enough on its own I'd probably leave it, but if it were a plain white or black or brown color or something, I might do a little decorating on it to make it pop a bit more.

Nope never had that inclination.. EVER LOL!

Yes playing to thousands must be scary! But in a way LESS scary than smaller venues where you can see individuals? I dunno.. I've never done it so can't comment. My husband acts, and goes up on stage which I also couldn't do!

Oh, wow, he does? That's cool.

I've been on stage acting before (minor parts), but yeah, it's not the easiest thing to do, and not something everyone's cut out for. And I sure couldn't get up and sing in front of tons of people, either. Gack!

I do all my creative stuff through art... It's different, but similar in a way too, because I love getting the feedback on anything I do, doesn't matter if it's positive or negative, although positive is better..obviously! :) If I can make someone laugh, or happy through my art that's amazing, but I also do it for ME.. I couldn't live without it. I suspect you're the same with your music.

I'm the same way with writing. I'm my own worst critic and always hesitant to share what I've written with people, but when I do get feedback, and good feedback at that (they loved it or give constructive criticism), that definitely makes me breathe a sigh of relief. It's good for everyone to have some means of expressing themselves, be it through music, art, writing, dancing, whatever. And if I can tell the person clearly loves what they do, that alone is enough to make me interested and respect them.

Imagine if this fragrance was real...

33ytdn7.jpg

:laugh3: I'd buy that, totally.

LOVE the pictures in these last few pages. Particularly the super big one of Jonny from a few pages back. Very nice closeup.