✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Buckland Religion~Official Thread

BlissfullyMuse

I have only watched a few of the videos but it seems the crowd is pretty close to the stage.

Maybe that's a bit too close for his comfort.

I would keep my dance moves under control too in that case. [emoji3]

I appreciate your thoughts ! I think this is one of the reasons that I could definitely agree with:

I think you have to keep in mind that the band are all in their late 30's now. It's perfectly normal to expect their stage style to become a bit more staid over time.
I can't add more to it !

But, I still find it strange why he has become much more calm (which is my opinion!!!!) compared to the Jonny of, let's say, about 5 years ago.

But sometimes I'm worrying myself too much while there maybe isn't even something wrong with him, we don't know right? I sometimes think ''Is Jonny maybe too tired to be in Coldplay at the moment?''

Which also makes me think D:

LOL, I clicked on the thread and replied, when I wanted to send the reply it told me the thread no longer existed :D

Anyway:

Everyone has good and bad days. Everyone has days on which one is more energized and days on which you are more like "ugh, get this over with and off to bed". I think these variations are normal. May also have to do with general vibe of the crowd, the atmosphere...

That said, I hope there is not another marriage falling apart somewhere. Half the band are already divorced, so I really hope Jonny and Will's marriages are more stable.

i'd like to tell you a story about the concert i attended during the MX era

my sister and i were fortunate enough to be upgraded to front row seats on Jonny's side. it was so awesome. but Jonny didn't look super enthusiastic most of the time (no judgement), until almost the end of the concert when i noticed him look off stage and this huge smile came across his face. so i glanced off to where he seemed to be looking, at the very side of the stage, and there was Chloe! it was so cute!! :wacky:

so i too hope only good things for them in the long run.

• Like 2

i'd like to tell you a story about the concert i attended during the MX era

my sister and i were fortunate enough to be upgraded to front row seats on Jonny's side. it was so awesome. but Jonny didn't look super enthusiastic most of the time (no judgement), until almost the end of the concert when i noticed him look off stage and this huge smile came across his face. so i glanced off to where he seemed to be looking, at the very side of the stage, and there was Chloe! it was so cute!! :wacky:

so i too hope only good things for them in the long run.

He always had a a tendency to look down while performing. I think he's just the sort of guitarist that watches his hands a lot while playing. He's doing more intricate stuff on the neck with a lot of their newer material, so perhaps that has something to do with it. He has said multiple times over the years that his wife and family tour with him as much as possible, which seems nice.

• Like 1

He always had a a tendency to look down while performing. I think he's just the sort of guitarist that watches his hands a lot while playing. He's doing more intricate stuff on the neck with a lot of their newer material, so perhaps that has something to do with it. He has said multiple times over the years that his wife and family tour with him as much as possible, which seems nice.

that's a good point about his playing, something i hadn't exactly thought of before. what i originally meant was that he had more of a neutral expression most of the time - not a big deal, really, it just made it stand out so much more when he did smile :D

that's a good point about his playing, something i hadn't exactly thought of before. what i originally meant was that he had more of a neutral expression most of the time - not a big deal, really, it just made it stand out so much more when he did smile :D

I always thought he's tended toward neutral expressions, except when singing backing vocals, then he tends to look angry. (though I'm not implying he actually is.

• Like 1

I always thought he's tended toward neutral expressions, except when singing backing vocals, then he tends to look angry. (though I'm not implying he actually is.

he does always look angry when he sings backing :joy: i wonder if that has to do with singing such low notes

also - you're probably right, and most likely i only really paid attention to it because he was directly in my view for two hours :P

But honestly, if you just watch the first minute, what do you think of this performance? I personally don't think he wasn't in a nice mood to perform. Altough, it was just for once that I saw him this calm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9HL3sl1hTw

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/T9HL3sl1hTw

Hm,here he really looks a bit sad at the beginning. And is also looking at Chris all the time.

Who knows, maybe he and Chris had a fight before they went on or something...for all their harmonic display towards the public, you can't share yor life for twenty years and not occasionally have fights/be disappointed about the other person...

I think that Jonny is a highly emotional person - he's just very shy and doesn't really express them. Maybe Jonathan Ross said something before the performance or something happened that made him sad.

Or maybe he was simply tired that day, who knows.

• Like 2

I think that Jonny is a highly emotional person - he's just very shy and doesn't really express them. Maybe Jonathan Ross said something before the performance or something happened that made him sad.

Or maybe he was simply tired that day, who knows.

Well, I'm glad someone has said that about J.Ross. I can't stand him - couldn't even watch CP when they were on his show !!! Yes, really !!! I was really surprised they agreed to do it.

I'm sure he's quite capable of talking in a way that could offend decent people, but I didn't say anything as I know I'm really biased against him. Who knows ? - maybe I'm not the only one.

Jonny did deffo look pretty cheesed off - ahhhhh....

Well, I'm glad someone has said that about J.Ross. I can't stand him - couldn't even watch CP when they were on his show !!! Yes, really !!! I was really surprised they agreed to do it.

I'm sure he's quite capable of talking in a way that could offend decent people, but I didn't say anything as I know I'm really biased against him. Who knows ? - maybe I'm not the only one.

There was also a performance of AOAL on the Ellen Show where you can see the difference so clearly between a really happy Jonny and the ''sad'' Jonny we see here. It's unbelievable !!!

But that performance on Ellen I was talking about, has been moved from YouTube, unfortunately.

EDIT: Ah, I just found one:

See the difference!

I can see how he might come across as rude, though I admit I don't know much about him. Do you have an example of what he did that makes you biased against him? It's been a long time since I watched him.

There was also a performance of AOAL on the Ellen Show where you can see the difference so clearly between a really happy Jonny and the ''sad'' Jonny we see here. It's unbelievable !!!

But that performance on Ellen I was talking about, has been moved from YouTube, unfortunately.

EDIT: Ah, I just found one:

See the difference!

I think he is fine here. He does seem very focused, but that's probably because the AOAL riff requires his full attention. Otherwise he doesn't look any more sad than Guy or Will.

• Like 2

I can see how he might come across as rude, though I admit I don't know much about him. Do you have an example of what he did that makes you biased against him? It's been a long time since I watched him.

I think he is fine here. He does seem very focused, but that's probably because the AOAL riff requires his full attention. Otherwise he doesn't look any more sad than Guy or Will.

It's worth noting that he's playing a relatively intricate pattern (by Coldplay guitar line standards anyway) in a very confined area of the neck and the band's sound guy has said in an interview that nobody in the band's camp expected him to be able to play it live before they started rehearsing the new songs. IMHO Guy looks at least as detached at least as much of the time.

• Like 1

I'm happy to say it's a VERY long time since I watched him too. Many years ago I first saw him in a TV quiz show and he struck me then as a smutty minded person with an immature sense of humour. Everything he said had some grubby, sexual & sexist reference.... and wasn't funny anyway. Don't get me wrong - I'm no prude - I'll laugh at anything if it's actually funny.... he wasn't.

Then, of course, a few years ago, there was the revolting 'practical joke' ( ???) he and Russell Brand played on an elderly actor. It didn't surprise me when it was reported in the press and it certainly turned a lot of people against him... including the BBC, who banned him - sadly, only for a while. Details of all that can be found on-line.

You know when you just can't look at someone 'cos they make your flesh creep ?... well........ that's about it.........

I'm sorry, Chris :heart: - I wear your LOVE badge with pride and try to be a better person, but there are certain exemptions. We're not perfect !

I don't think I said it clearly, but that's exactly what I meant! That he was fine, as the Jonny we used to know, in this Ellen performance but was looking quite sad in the Jonathan Ross performance.

Also, didn't he once say on a show he would like to **** Gwyneth Paltrow ? Apart from being generally inappropriate and dirty, that was during the time she was married to Chris.

I remember reading that once...

Yes - I read that too. Doesn't surprise me .

I haven't been in this thread for the last 83 years, someone wanna explain to me what's going on here? Some people seem pretty emotional about Jon D:

@Gideon_Mx posted originally with some concern about Jonny's enthusiasm onstage in recent years, so we've just been looking at different performances. i don't think there's anything to worry about :shrug:

• Like 1