✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Ebs757

why didn't they headline lollapalooza chile :bigcry: well, I'm happy for those who can go even though I still don't get the point in touring without new stuff, they're just being lazy and need to release LP5 asap

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why didn't they headline lollapalooza chile :bigcry: well, I'm happy for those who can go even though I still don't get the point in touring without new stuff, they're just being lazy and need to release LP5 asap

Hush you! They have the next several years to tour LP5. I. Want some live Amsterdam and rush of blood to the head.:angry:

While I'm not expecting many rarities either, I still haven't heard Trouble or Shiver live, which were performed at the holiday shows and I consider fair game. Really, Parachutes needs more love in general at live shows.

But if they decide to say screw all rules and play Amsterdam, I might drown the crowd in my tears.

Also, I've decided I'm NOT going to camp out on the barrier all day for Coldplay. I'm already doing that for Muse with a bunch of friends, and there's too many acts I want to see at the festival for me to spend 2 of my 3 days not moving on a sweaty barricade. I'll stick it out for the few acts leading up to Coldplay in order to ensure a good spot, but I'll live fine with not being the #1 closest person.

BTW, my predicted day for Coldplay is Saturday. Foo Fighters are heavily rumored for Sunday, while Muse plays Kansas on Saturday so they'll probably go Friday (they move to the west coast after that, so it's logical geographically). Eminem will squeeze in somewhere.

this is different than the holiday shows, I mean this is not just for coldplay fans so they probably won't get too much attention if they play amsterdam for example (which I'd love to hear anyway since it's one of my fave cp songs :dazzled:). Shiver has better options in my opinion :wacky:

I was half hoping CP would be there, then (for the sake of my finances) praying they wouldn't. Well, there went $1000 in the span of five minutes.

If anyone is unaware, hotels in the area fill up fast (few are already sold out). If you'd like to be closer to Grant Park, start booking now. Looks like rates have raised again since last year (think I saw Travelodge wanted over $700 for 2 nights or it could've been Best Western). Congress Plaza is still under $200/night.

I just booked 3 nights(August 5th-8th) at the Congress Plaza through Expedia and it only showed a couple rooms left for rooms with a queen size bed. I am happy with how close it is to Grant Park and the room prices were decent.

While I'm not expecting many rarities either, I still haven't heard Trouble or Shiver live, which were performed at the holiday shows and I consider fair game. Really, Parachutes needs more love in general at live shows.

But if they decide to say screw all rules and play Amsterdam, I might drown the crowd in my tears.

Also, I've decided I'm NOT going to camp out on the barrier all day for Coldplay. I'm already doing that for Muse with a bunch of friends, and there's too many acts I want to see at the festival for me to spend 2 of my 3 days not moving on a sweaty barricade. I'll stick it out for the few acts leading up to Coldplay in order to ensure a good spot, but I'll live fine with not being the #1 closest person.

BTW, my predicted day for Coldplay is Saturday. Foo Fighters are heavily rumored for Sunday, while Muse plays Kansas on Saturday so they'll probably go Friday (they move to the west coast after that, so it's logical geographically). Eminem will squeeze in somewhere.

I'm debating on if I want to camp out all day long until Coldplay hits the stage. I saw 3 back to back Coldplay shows in 2009 and was in the first and second rows for all three of them, so I'd love to be that close again but i've never been to Lollapoolza before and would really love to experience it fully and see other bands as well.

I would throw a party if this is true. UGH I hope so

So my party is this weekend, if you want to come.... :laugh3:

See you all at Lolla!!! :awesome:

EDIT: I will most likely be camping out at the barrier all day, whichever day they play.

I just booked 3 nights(August 5th-8th) at the Congress Plaza through Expedia and it only showed a couple rooms left for rooms with a queen size bed. I am happy with how close it is to Grant Park and the room prices were decent.

How funny, I stayed there the one and only time I've been to Chicago! :lol:

Yeah, if you're willing to maintain a list, you can add me too. :)

That said, chances are I won't be able to any big meet-up with any of you since I'm already meeting up with so many other people I've met at gigs in the past as well as the Muse fans. And I probably won't be getting barrier for Coldplay anyway. Unless some Coldplayers of legal drinking age want to hit a bar or something after Coldplay performs, but I'd probably prefer to rest up for the next day (hence why I'm arriving a few days before the festival - get my sight-seeing and bar-hopping out of the way at the beginning :P).