✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Ebs757

Oh how I wanted to be at the front im so depressed!:(

All I can hope for is that I have until august 5th to see I can manage to get the courage to tell my cousin about my plan. Or at last minute be like" hey guys ill just wait here u guys go on ahead" but that's unlikely. All I can hope for is the video screens to let me see :(

Aww :( there will other shows. You will still have a good time :) make sure to stop by the front of the stage during the day, so I can meet you :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. I'm really disappointed because I've never seen Muse and wanted to do so, but the main reason I'm coming to Chicago is to see Coldplay.

This'll be my first time at a festival this size. Can someone give me a quick primer on the protocol for getting up front? Is it simply get to the front of the stage early in the a.m. and stay there all day?

Same here. I have never seen Muse live so I was hoping to see them this year. I am so bummed that they are both scheduled to play friday :cry: I am a coldplay fan first though so that is where I will be.

Can someone explain how the process works to get in. I have a 3 day pass but where and when do they change it for a wristband? Does that happen at 11 the day of or can you get a wristband earlier? Are those of you lining up early getting there at 11 on friday? Thanks for any help/advice. I am totally new to this :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Can someone explain how the process works to get in. I have a 3 day pass but where and when do they change it for a wristband? Does that happen at 11 the day of or can you get a wristband earlier? Are those of you lining up early getting there at 11 on friday? Thanks for any help/advice. I am totally new to this :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

You can go to the will call office the day before and pick up your wristband before. Will save you some pain the day of the festival. :)

(This is exactly why I specified to have the wristband shipped to me directly instead)

Still massively disappointed. Coldplay is my 2nd favorite arena act (and still one of my favorite overall live acts no matter how much I've mocked them lately). I'll let you guess who's 1st. :dozey:

Go yo see Coldplay, muse is good live but Coldplay is awesome.

Plus you're gonna See a new coldplay!

Both are awesome live, but you know what? Muse will be back in the studios next year while Coldplay will embark on a massive world tour, playing every damn arena and several stadiums. If I miss them this year, I'll probably end up seeing them multiple times next year.

Cool to see that at the Muse board they think exactly the same :P

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=78234&page=130

Really feel sad for all you. Muse and Coldplay are my most favourite bands, Can totally understand if you're mad.

Quote form the Muse board:

Also, there are insane amounts of downtime between sets on both stages. We'll have to think of games or something to do on the barrier. Maybe we can make a giant sign to hang from the barrier, something like "YO MUSE, WE MISSED COLDPLAY FOR YOU. MAKE IT GOOD OR WE'LL THROW TOMATOES AT YOU."

I can not believe this is happening either. I am sick. I think I am going to have to pick Muse also for two reasons:

1. CP will be touring again soon

2. Muse is playing songs that they either haven't played in years or aren't playing again. I can't rememebr which.

But then I hear Major Minus going through my head and I feel torn all over again.......:cry:

Turns out I'm not seeing Coldplay this year:

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/turn_it_up/2011/06/lollapalooza-schedule-pits-coldplay-vs-muse-eminem-vs-my-morning-jacket-foo-fighters-vs-deadmau5.html

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Coldplay vs. Muse was my worst nightmare and it came true. I would take every other conflict over it. So incredibly devastated right now I can't express it in words. I wanted to meet you guys, see Coldplay again, rock out to the new songs, etc. But I'd been planning with the Muse fans since literally last October and would be unfair to them. THIS DAY SUCKS SO MUCH.

Go yo see Coldplay, muse is good live but Coldplay is awesome.

Plus you're gonna See a new coldplay!

Good? Dude, Muse are AMAZING live, not a lot of bands are on their level...

Anyways, this sucks big time. I don't even want to think about what I'll have to choose if I end up going to Lolla

Well ain't this some real mess here!!!! I guess the promoters don't really care that they would put the Grammy Winning Brits Bands against each other. They would have sold more "one day passes" for two nights instead of this. How stupid are they? Or at least have one play before the other... Muse opened for U2 alot so they would have done it, they don't care about stuff like that... even after their own tour was done, they still did opening for U2 this year... really, I just can't believe the scheduling! What depressing week... first the Glasto movie cancelled, now this!!! :( I will see Muse ... the last time for a long time. I will wait to see Coldplay on their upcoming tour. I have a word to describe my disappointment! Lollacrappola!!!!

I've never been up front for Coldplay. Guess that isn't changing this year, but you'll still have a great time. I've been in the middle for previous Coldplay concerts and still had a blast.

Guess I should change my signature? :(

Cool thanks, I hope I do have a blast. Im just very short so im wondering if ill se anything at all :/

I like ur signature, those jerks:angry:

Nice to know u still think coldplay are worth warning live, like u said despite making fun.of them lately :P.

I wanted to take close up videos of the band to share here. But that wont be happening I guess.

Aww :( there will other shows. You will still have a good time :) make sure to stop by the front of the stage during the day, so I can meet you :)

Yea I guess there will be other shows I hope ill have better luck next time. Im still super excited to hear them play the new songs!! Yea I will try to go say hi and meet you :) never met a coldplayer before. I might wear my Life in technicolor shirt or my christmas gigs shirt :P be on the look out hehe. So what r u gonna do to pass the time till 8:30?

That sucks people had to choose between muse and coldplay, such great bands! But like people said coldplay will be touring soon for the album but not muse.

That sign would be so funny for muse to see. Im sure they will make it worth it :D

Yea I guess there will be other shows I hope ill have better luck next time. Im still super excited to hear them play the new songs!! Yea I will try to go say hi and meet you :) never met a coldplayer before. I might wear my Life in technicolor shirt or my christmas gigs shirt :P be on the look out hehe. So what r u gonna do to pass the time till 8:30?

That sucks people had to choose between muse and coldplay, such great bands! But like people said coldplay will be touring soon for the album but not muse.

That sign would be so funny for muse to see. Im sure they will make it worth it :D

Last time, me and my best friend mostly chatted with other people... I also listened to my ipod and read a book. I know it's going to be a longggg day but so worth it :)

Yeah, I feel bad for everyone that loves both bands... I never really got into Muse's music but they are a great band. Coldplay will be touring a lot once the album drops, so plenty of opportunity to see them :)

You guys won't be that bored. For those of you chilling at Coldplay's stage all day, you're in for some phenomenal bands leading up to them, all of whom I'd see any other day. Bright Eyes, The Kills, and Young the Giant are all awesome (seen Bright Eyes once, seeing The Kills in September). Unfamiliar with Grace Potter, though.

I've got a question. Is today (Jule, 7) the only day I can buy 1-day passes? If I want to buy 1-day pass, do I have to buy it today?

Until they sell out. From the sounds of things, I expect Friday's 1-day passes to sell out first.

Until they sell out. From the sounds of things, I expect Friday's 1-day passes to sell out first.

Thanks for the reply. I know you cannot give me exact date, but when do you think they'll be sold out? I've never been to any festival or even gig before, so I have no idea how it all works.

I've also got no one to go with, so I'm wondering if it's possible to find some stranger to go with you?

My cousin is from chicago and she's not buying hers till next week. She says she doesn't think they will sell out soon. not until its closer to.the date but who knows?

A friend of mine in Chicago tried to get a 1-day ticket for Friday yesterday and they WERE sold out.