✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Ebs757

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want to speculate on which night Coldplay will headline?

Muse have gig on 6th in Kansas City, so maybe Muse on Saturday night.

Coldplay playing on Friday in Austin, so wouldn't be weird for them to do the same in Chicago.

Foos are listing Sunday on their web site.

I've always printed at home. This is the first year theyve offered the ability to have your wristband sent with the tickets. I went that way to avoid the lines, but it's really not that big a deal if you get there early,

Ahh! Does anyone know of any decently priced hotels that aren't sold out yet? I was planning on the congress plaza hotel but I had to wait for my friends to decide and now its sold out!

Try the Travelodge on Harrison? It's close, I was able to get a room late last year.

Purchased my pass today finally. Yes, I was a cheap ass and did the "print at home" method :p

Mike, I haven't been to a festival type concert in ages so I'm not up to speed on how the whole entrance/gate thing works.

Do you think this mean you'll have to wait in line to get your wristband? I was afraid to try and save the extra dough because I was worried that would mean a second line when they opened the gates @ 11:00.

Mike, I haven't been to a festival type concert in ages so I'm not up to speed on how the whole entrance/gate thing works.

Do you think this mean you'll have to wait in line to get your wristband? I was afraid to try and save the extra dough because I was worried that would mean a second line when they opened the gates @ 11:00.

I have never gone early to get my wristband but last year if I remember correctly you just brought the printed pass in line with everyone else and they would give you your three day wristband right at the gate. I think...

So im planning to go to this but I've never been to any festival before. Is there anything you guys can tell me so I can be prepared what to expect?

Im excited for this :D just waiting to buy the one day ticket though :/

Hey, I've been to all but one Lolla at Grant Park. It's pretty cool.

At least in past years, you initially need to enter through the main entrance (head toward the lake and follow the crowds). Here's where you'd swap your printpass ticket for your 3-day wristband or your one-day entry. This is the first year you could receive your wristband in advance. They opened another entrance point further north two years ago, but I'm not sure if its just for wristband entry. Earlier the better; the lines can get long (never too terrible, tho).

Once inside, there are usually volunteers running about handing out maps and programs for the event. There's also a Lollapalooza app (which is super handy). Walk about and check out the grounds, then plan when you want to be at any stage.

Definitely read the rules on what is allowed on the grounds (theyll check through your backpack, purse, etc...). Not a bad idea to bring some Kleenex or a wad of TP (the port-o-potties will run out), and dress as though you'll be outside in the heat with a lot of sweaty beer-drinking-and-spilling, but generally jovial people.

Oh, and make sure you eat; there's always great food on site.

nah no rooms :( but thanks anyways! my one friends going now though and her stepmom lives in chicago so hopefully i can stay with them for free!

Hey, try here: http://www.bwgrantparkhotel.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=places&utm_campaign=google_places_ms

Best Western on S Michigan (not far at all). A friend just booked there two days ago, supposed to have a few rooms left.

Hey, I've been to all but one Lolla at Grant Park. It's pretty cool.

At least in past years, you initially need to enter through the main entrance (head toward the lake and follow the crowds). Here's where you'd swap your printpass ticket for your 3-day wristband or your one-day entry. This is the first year you could receive your wristband in advance. They opened another entrance point further north two years ago, but I'm not sure if its just for wristband entry. Earlier the better; the lines can get long (never too terrible, tho).

Once inside, there are usually volunteers running about handing out maps and programs for the event. There's also a Lollapalooza app (which is super handy). Walk about and check out the grounds, then plan when you want to be at any stage.

Definitely read the rules on what is allowed on the grounds (theyll check through your backpack, purse, etc...). Not a bad idea to bring some Kleenex or a wad of TP (the port-o-potties will run out), and dress as though you'll be outside in the heat with a lot of sweaty beer-drinking-and-spilling, but generally jovial people.

Oh, and make sure you eat; there's always great food on site.

Thank you for the info! :D

June 7th is the schedule reveal also. This is extremely important for me. When it comes to Coldplay day in particular, I need to know how many other bands I'm interested in seeing on different stages. If there's not many later on, I can chill at the main stage and inch my way forward steadily. But chances are I'm not gonna wait it out on barrier all day. (especially if I'm already doing that another day) I want to be as close as possible, but not at the sacrifice of missing all these other great festival acts.