✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Ebs757

Turns out I'm not seeing Coldplay this year:

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/turn_it_up/2011/06/lollapalooza-schedule-pits-coldplay-vs-muse-eminem-vs-my-morning-jacket-foo-fighters-vs-deadmau5.html

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Coldplay vs. Muse was my worst nightmare and it came true. I would take every other conflict over it. So incredibly devastated right now I can't express it in words. I wanted to meet you guys, see Coldplay again, rock out to the new songs, etc. But I'd been planning with the Muse fans since literally last October and would be unfair to them. THIS DAY SUCKS SO MUCH.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out I'm not seeing Coldplay this year:

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/turn_it_up/2011/06/lollapalooza-schedule-pits-coldplay-vs-muse-eminem-vs-my-morning-jacket-foo-fighters-vs-deadmau5.html

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Coldplay vs. Muse was my worst nightmare and it came true. I would take every other conflict over it. So incredibly devastated right now I can't express it in words. I wanted to meet you guys, see Coldplay again, rock out to the new songs, etc. But I'd been planning with the Muse fans since literally last October and would be unfair to them. THIS DAY SUCKS SO MUCH.

Aww, why would the festival organizers do that?!? They should know that these bands have mutual fans. They should have "different" bands playing at the same time, not bands that would appeal to the same crowd. I'm sorry. :cry:

Although I found this comment from the link amusing: "Chris Martin’s crew should be advertising its forthcoming album, though the first single (the musically unremarkable and lyrically laughable “Every Tear is a Waterfall”) is not a promising start."

Exactly, which is why throwing Eminem against one of the rock headliners would have made perfect sense. Coldplay was ideal for Saturday. Muse and Eminem are required to play their respective days because they have other festivals to attend on other days, but Coldplay has nothing else to play.

I expect Muse to draw numerous Coldplay fans away, and Coldplay will probably do the same with Muse fans. UGH. Plus side is it will make both barriers less competitive.

Fully detailed schedule should be up once single-day passes go on sale later today. Possibly in 20 minutes but not positive. That should help you plan your weekends. :)

Guess you guys will have to wait for a different year to hear Roadie #43 crack bad jokes in person. :cry::bigcry::bigcry:

I wish they weren't playing Friday either and I feel so bad for the fans that like both Coldplay and Muse. I am gonna be flying in Thursday night now and I just booked another night at the hotel I am already staying at.

Enjoy Young the Giant, The Kills, and Bright Eyes, everyone! :awesome: They're really awesome and I'm really pissed off I'm missing them too. :veryangry2:

(If Bright Eyes plays "Method Acting", you all die, okay?)

Glad some of you are getting your single-day passes! :thumbsup:

Enjoy Young the Giant, The Kills, and Bright Eyes, everyone! :awesome: They're really awesome and I'm really pissed off I'm missing them too. :veryangry2:

(If Bright Eyes plays "Method Acting", you all die, okay?)

Glad some of you are getting your single-day passes! :thumbsup:

Such a bummer that you won't get to see Coldplay :( I can't believe they are playing at the same time!

Cousin texted me that she has our whole friday planned out now, including other bands but then that means I wont be able to be there at the front :( what do I do??

Oh no, that sucks! Well, it's up to you if you want to be in the front... there will be plenty of Coldplay fans you can hang out with(including me!) but yeah, I see where you are coming from.

ok ive had a few minutes so curse the organizers and this line up makes no sense, the logical lineup should have been Muse Friday cause the have Kansas rockson sat and CP to play on saturday but who knows if Coldplay has an engagement or family obligations that we do not know of. this is what it has come down to, Muse and Coldplay have a pretty similar fan base so pick your poison. who do you love more? I have been lucky enough to see Muse a few times but of course I am going for Coldplay, it weeds out the peeps running to the barrier so it could be a good thing, we have to make the best of it. not the ideal situation but I love me my Coldplay and thats where I'll be

Oh no, that sucks! Well, it's up to you if you want to be in the front... there will be plenty of Coldplay fans you can hang out with(including me!) but yeah, I see where you are coming from.

Yea, there's a difference between telling my sister "no im going to see coldplay!" And telling my cousin who I kinda just met this year :( she's from chicago she's probably been to lolla before I should trust her judgement right?

Ah, I might end up not at the front :( but I guess as long as im there right? :\

Oh how I wanted to be at the front im so depressed!:(

All I can hope for is that I have until august 5th to see I can manage to get the courage to tell my cousin about my plan. Or at last minute be like" hey guys ill just wait here u guys go on ahead" but that's unlikely. All I can hope for is the video screens to let me see :(

I love me my Coldplay and thats where I'll be

Same here. I'm really disappointed because I've never seen Muse and wanted to do so, but the main reason I'm coming to Chicago is to see Coldplay.

This'll be my first time at a festival this size. Can someone give me a quick primer on the protocol for getting up front? Is it simply get to the front of the stage early in the a.m. and stay there all day?

Same here. I'm really disappointed because I've never seen Muse and wanted to do so, but the main reason I'm coming to Chicago is to see Coldplay.

This'll be my first time at a festival this size. Can someone give me a quick primer on the protocol for getting up front? Is it simply get to the front of the stage early in the a.m. and stay there all day?

Yup, pretty much. That's what I am doing. Doors open at 11.

ok ive had a few minutes so curse the organizers and this line up makes no sense, the logical lineup should have been Muse Friday cause the have Kansas rockson sat and CP to play on saturday but who knows if Coldplay has an engagement or family obligations that we do not know of. this is what it has come down to, Muse and Coldplay have a pretty similar fan base so pick your poison. who do you love more? I have been lucky enough to see Muse a few times but of course I am going for Coldplay, it weeds out the peeps running to the barrier so it could be a good thing, we have to make the best of it. not the ideal situation but I love me my Coldplay and thats where I'll be

I hope to finally meet you Christa!

Ah, I might end up not at the front :( but I guess as long as im there right? :\

I've never been up front for Coldplay. Guess that isn't changing this year, but you'll still have a great time. I've been in the middle for previous Coldplay concerts and still had a blast.

Guess I should change my signature? :(

What is this--I don't even . . . .

WHY would anyone think that slating Coldplay and Muse at the same time would be a good idea?!

Oh Chicago . . . so close, yet so far away :uhoh: and I don't think I can convince my parents that driving for 6 hours and camping out in front of a stage all day would be an awesome experience