✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Ebs757

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm SO excited for this! I've never seen Coldplay live before, and now I finally can! :D I've got my fingers crossed that they aren't going to conflict with Muse! :o That would really suck... because my friend and I have already vowed that if Coldplay and Muse both play on Friday, we're gonna watch Coldplay, then drive 8 hours to Kansas City to see Muse play at Kanrocksas on Saturday :laugh3: I'd much rather be able to see both in one place ;)

Anyway, I'm pumped! :D Actually, the announcement that CP is headlining Lolla is what rekindled my love for them... I'm prepping myself for August ;)

That said, chances are I won't be able to any big meet-up with any of you since I'm already meeting up with so many other people I've met at gigs in the past as well as the Muse fans.

:laugh3: Michael? From .mu/the Lolla Skyping? (I recognize your avatar, and your post on this thread about Musers are serving as some big clues... Hahaha) It's Amanda/Treblerose689 :p LOL Fancy meeting you here! :p (Have you guys been still been keeping up with the Skyping? I'll be around more this Summer to do it for sure :p)

:laugh3: Michael? From .mu/the Lolla Skyping? (I recognize your avatar, and your post on this thread about Musers are serving as some big clues... Hahaha) It's Amanda/Treblerose689 :p LOL Fancy meeting you here! :p (Have you guys been still been keeping up with the Skyping? I'll be around more this Summer to do it for sure :p)

Hahaha, yeah, it's me. :P Nice seeing you here too! I actually visit Coldplaying more often than I visit .mu :laugh3:

(The Lolla Skype sorta died out, but I still Skype regularly with a lot of people going. You're always welcome to join in.)

Booked my hotel, but am still making a decision about the type of ticket. Is the VIP worth it, anyone?

You get the drinks, golf carts etc. but if you really want to see coldplay close up I wouldn't buy VIP. Your viewing area is off to the sides of the festival up on a hill. Kind of like this- The view from VIP

That's the $64 million dollar question! I'm assuming Muse Friday, Coldplay Sat and Foo Sunday. I had a dream Muse cancelled casue of the the Baby Momma and Arcade Fire took its place, random but had to share. I'm only going for 3 days total so not buying my plane tix till its announced, bought my Lola 3 day pass

I guess we wont know till its announced

I haven't been on here for like a year! :( But I have bought a 3 day pass and will be coming from Orlando. Yesss!!! :dance: Staying at Congress Plaza hotel. Hope to meet up with you guys and will be meeting up with Musers too! Please put me on this list too!

Hey, is anyone else staying at Congress Hotel... I read alot about this place... is very HAUNTED! Yikes! I am staying in room solo... :uhoh: I will be sleeping with the lights on! :laugh3:

Hey, is anyone else staying at Congress Hotel... I read alot about this place... is very HAUNTED! Yikes! I am staying in room solo... :uhoh: I will be sleeping with the lights on! :laugh3:

There's at least one person staying here, I think it was on one of the past few pages.

I stayed there a few years ago and I came out just fine so you should be okay. :lol:

I haven't been on here for like a year! :( But I have bought a 3 day pass and will be coming from Orlando. Yesss!!! :dance: Staying at Congress Plaza hotel. Hope to meet up with you guys and will be meeting up with Musers too! Please put me on this list too!

I'm staying there too! I picked it due to the location, hopefully nothing weird happens! LOL.

"Peg Leg Johnny"

t86k54.gif

You thought you might be a ghost!

You thought you might be a ghost!

:laugh3:

I've stayed there a few times for Lolla. Congress is old, nothing fancy, but definitely not scary and VERY close to Grant Park. I prefer it to the Travelodge, and it's a whole lot cheaper than the Hilton. Definitely recommend checking in as soon as they allow. Waiting in the lines will suck, but it only gets worse if you wait.

OK, I just changed from haunted Congress hotel to Hilton Plaza one block down... at least my headache went away and I can sleep at night!! I just kept seeing the guys hand that buried alive... geez! Oh well, sorry I won't be able to see "Peg Leg Johnny" and I really don't cares. I need rest for all that festival time! :)