✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay sales Updates

Loki0012

To be fair, 21 has been out way longer than MX.

Indeed, it was released in January last year. But still, she's way ahead of MX, when you do the maths (MX : about 1 million/ month, 21: if you count 1 million/month, there are 5 million more. And I don't think what I just said made any sense, but I hope you get what I mean :lol: )

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, it was released in January last year. But still, she's way ahead of MX, when you do the maths (MX : about 1 million/ month, 21: if you count 1 million/month, there are 5 million more. And I don't think what I just said made any sense, but I hope you get what I mean :lol: )

Of course we don't. No one does. :whip:

^ :shame:

I meant that, you can consider that MX has sold 1 million per month. However, if we consider that Adele has sold 1 million per month, there are 5 million remaining. So, she has definitely sold more that 1 million per month, and despite the fact that 21 was released waaay before MX, she's still way ahead of Coldplay. That's what I meant :|

Makes perfect sense. 21 has been out for 13 months, so she's selling about 1.3 millions/month. MX 1million/month is very outstanding as well in this economy.

Makes perfect sense. 21 has been out for 13 months, so she's selling about 1.3 millions/month. MX 1million/month is very outstanding as well in this economy.

Adele has been selling each week 250k WW. That's incredible in this industry. 20 million copies already sold of 21. 22 million shipped.

The album is set to sell 650-700 k in it's 52th week . Doubt MX will have the same longevity.

21 is a phenomenon for sure.

But I'm wondering would it have impact on boys? Look, there are no hip-hop or other popular crazy sh*t a-la Jay-Z-Rihanna-Lady Gaga. It proves you shouldn't be in trend with others, just make a good music. Although I like MX, but I guess boys could produce better music.

Adele is just awesome, maybe boys should have released a year before or a year later.

Meh , I doubt it's affecting them though. They don't specifically appeal to the same audiences ( although both are quite crossover ) . But I really don't think it has to do with Adele. I think it has more to do that for example ,Viva la Vida was backed with a huge succesful hit that was truly massive and had it selling for almost all 08.

Paradise was an okey hit. Succesfull in the UK and a couple of countires and then performed modarate at others. They are lacking the US audience , I think that is due to Paradise not performing well.

They should release POC asap

^The video is starting to be broadcast on music channels, which makes me think that the release is coming. But I hope they'll promote it properly, and that it will be played so much on radio that everyone -including us- will be tired of this song :smug: It deserves to be a HUGE hit!

So how many copies has MX sold? I seem to remember X&Y and Viva la Vida setting the world alight, but somehow MX has seemed easier to avoid, despite it being the first album I'd consider myself a 'fan' to see the release of (wasn't really a fan back when X&Y and Viva were coming out). Which is strange because it's probably doing better than their other albums in terms of how the singles are charting, at least here in the UK at least.

How is the single for "Charlie Brown" doing after the video release?

I really really had high expectations from that song but it seems that they haven't promoted it properly, at all.

True, I have high expectations for the song as well and they havn't really promoted it that much but at the same time they haven't officially set a release date for the song.

If/When they announce a release date, they will probably start to promote it more.

So how many copies has MX sold? I seem to remember X&Y and Viva la Vida setting the world alight, but somehow MX has seemed easier to avoid, despite it being the first album I'd consider myself a 'fan' to see the release of (wasn't really a fan back when X&Y and Viva were coming out). Which is strange because it's probably doing better than their other albums in terms of how the singles are charting, at least here in the UK at least.

MX has sold so far 4 Million Copies Worldwide in about 4 months of release.

In the UK, it is so far, selling better than VLV. (VLV reached a million sales in the UK in its 26th week, while MX reached a million sales in the UK in 15 weeks)

But in the States, VLV has sold better than MX (due mainly to having a massive single). There is still a chance that CB and PoC can become top 10 singles in the States, and if that holds true, the sales could come close to those of VLV.

^ Once CB is released as a single, sales will sky rocket though.

As for Adele....at first I was like, "She's okay", but her music wasn't really my thing. I could deal with it being on the radio though. Now she's so overplayed its crazy. She's a perfect example of how record companies can manipulate record sales. They push her so much! Her songs are just on a loop taking number 1. Now maybe she just has a lot of fans, but I think it has more to do with the fact radio stations are being told to play it. She's always plays on my pandora, even if I thumb her down. I know a guy who listens to Tonic and the Foo Fighters a lot and he has the same problem. I may be a conspiracy theorist but I don't know...seems suspicious to me....

I think the problem is that Adele appeals to women. And not just women under 30, but ALL women. Im not trying to be hateful or anything, but it seems to me that the women of the world have all banded together to buy the cd, because it has such wide appeal to them. Coldplay has a large following and such, but i feel this record is targeted at the teen/college rebellious crowd (where I am) a lot more than their other records. They are going to sell to them rather than the older people from A Rush of Blood to the Head era, who are now buying Adele.

Just my view on it.

How is the single for "Charlie Brown" doing after the video release?

I really really had high expectations from that song but it seems that they haven't promoted it properly, at all.

I'm questioning their decision making here a bit. They should have taken advantage of the successful showing on X-Factor and released CB. Also the video took for ever to release. When we all expected them to play CB at the Grammys, they went with Paradise. I just don't follow the thinking at all. They almost always do no wrong in my eyes, but if they play Paradise at the Brits I'll be very disappointed.

I'm questioning their decision making here a bit. They should have taken advantage of the successful showing on X-Factor and released CB. Also the video took for ever to release. When we all expected them to play CB at the Grammys, they went with Paradise. I just don't follow the thinking at all. They almost always do no wrong in my eyes, but if they play Paradise at the Brits I'll be very disappointed.

Well , First of all , when they performed at the UK X factor , the single Paradise was just begining to smash , so there was basically no point in rushing Charlie Brown cause it would have killed it. They did good there , It went to be their Highest selling UK single ever.

Regarding the Grammys , well , sometimes they play the songs that are nominated. It's really common. Paradise was up for 2 awards ( I think ) so it was okey that they performed it. For example , Adele performed her year and half single ' Rolling in the deep ' even though her current one ( states side ) is Set Fire To The Rain . Charlie Brown would have been better IMO , but Paradise worked fine.

I don't really know if they will play Paradise at the brits. I hope they do play Charlie Brown... But then again , if they play Paradise it wouldn't be bad.

I think the problem is that Adele appeals to women. And not just women under 30, but ALL women. Im not trying to be hateful or anything, but it seems to me that the women of the world have all banded together to buy the cd, because it has such wide appeal to them. Coldplay has a large following and such, but i feel this record is targeted at the teen/college rebellious crowd (where I am) a lot more than their other records. They are going to sell to them rather than the older people from A Rush of Blood to the Head era, who are now buying Adele.

Just my view on it.

Lol , NO. People don't have to buy one album or another. They can buy both. It's not like , "Okey , I bought adele's one in March... I'm not buying Mylo Xyloto".

Adele is smashing , why ?. Well , IMO it's a breath of fresh air for the industry. Her music is raw , her lyrics are great , and her voice is immpecable. The music is way more organic that what music on radio is now , and it appeals to Woman and man from all ages , ranging from Old ( who buy the physical CD'S ) but also to teenagers ( Who are supporting the album digitially and the singles ). I mean , We've seen this phenomenom happen before .. Maybe with Alanis Morrisete or Norah Jones and so on ..

I agree with the targeting of the CD'S ... IMO Ever since Viva la vida , Coldplay has been targeting a much more younger crowd than they did before. I think that also we can see that their singles are being supported more than there were before and that's an explaination

MX has sold so far 4 Million Copies Worldwide in about 4 months of release.

In the UK, it is so far, selling better than VLV. (VLV reached a million sales in the UK in its 26th week, while MX reached a million sales in the UK in 15 weeks)

But in the States, VLV has sold better than MX (due mainly to having a massive single). There is still a chance that CB and PoC can become top 10 singles in the States, and if that holds true, the sales could come close to those of VLV.

I think that one of the things I like the most about MX , is that even though It won't reach the same total as VLV , It wasn't as frontloaded as VLV was. I mean , Viva sold like 5 million in the first month and a half lol.

There's no way CB can become a top 10 in the US. POC can IMO and would be the best choice as a single states side.

I think that one of the things I like the most about MX , is that even though It won't reach the same total as VLV , It wasn't as frontloaded as VLV was. I mean , Viva sold like 5 million in the first month and a half lol.

There's no way CB can become a top 10 in the US. POC can IMO and would be the best choice as a single states side.

Yeah I agree that MX is more of a slower burner and not as front-loaded as VLV.

Also, sales will probably go up in the next couple of weeks due to the Grammys and Brits.

As for PoC, I think it can be top 10 in the States, but I don't see Coldplay releasing that for another 3-4 months. Heck, they haven't even announced a release date for CB yet.

They will probably release it in March (CB), and since their tour starts in April...maybe they have some promo set up for CB during the month of March.